Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2017

Happy July

Last edited by NoraC; July 1, 2017, 07:27 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2017

Its Canada Day here. 150 years as an independent country. Its like July 4th but in Canada its July 1st.

We are warned of attacks but the govt has tried to play it down. I will watch fireworks from my roof as really I don't want to be hit by a hammer or something stupid. We don't really have guns here other than hunting riffles so fear is a little different. Still I will stay put but I do expect something to happen even though we are a peaceful nation that accepts all races. One of the blessed nations.

Canada Day; everything is generally closed. Our liquor is controlled here so no access.

Wishing everyone a great July 1st

Canada Day coast to coast - CBC News

Thought I was helping making a thread. A Forum Admin can delete it.
    Last edited by empyr3al; July 1, 2017, 09:08 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Have a wonderful. Exciting, and healthy July, Steppers. xo
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you my favorite band for saying nice things about Canada; not that I would expect anything less. Thank you donating your time to sing One. Its a crazy expression of Canada as we all are together as One but we are not the same.
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Liz - thanks for mentioning it was July. I forgot. :rotlf:

Well - Photobucket just stopped their free service so I think all my monthly pics will disappear from here. But, the sentiment is still there. We can do this One Step at a Time. <3

I'm looking into another photo hosting site and hope to improve the size of our July kickoff.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, thanks for starting the thread! I know I have done it before but darned if I could figure it out today!
            How's everyone's weekend going? I am excited to report that Lucy made progress with Logan today! It was a full ten Minutes before she started barking. We had the kids come in through the patio door by hubby's office, where his patients come in. Brilliant right? She didn't bark until hubby or I held the baby. Then we put her on a leash and pulled her out of the room if she barked, when she was quiet we came back in. They stayed about 2 hours and both Lucy and I were exhausted when they left!
            Nora, loved your pictures on fb today! You really are doing some cleaning out. I need to do some too. Actually I'm pretty good, hubby needs to clean out.
            Happy canada day to all who celebrate!
            Have a great AF night!

Comment

Hi Liz - glad there was progress with Lucy. Poor little thing is jealous.

Yes - we are finding so much stuff. I found an afghan that was so close to being finished. I cut off the roll of yarn and I'm just tucking in loose strands. My goodness - the amount of yarn and crafts and patterns I found.

What is everyone up to today? I hope that whatever it is that it is making you smile.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning all. Watched NCIS marathon last night with hubby! So enjoyable. I guess because We are going to my nephews graduation from Officers Candidate School on Friday in Quantico we can relate to that show. So proud of my nephew!
                CJ is coming home today. I must admit that although I love my kids I have enjoyed a few days without them. Mark is in Orlando and will be home tomorrow. Erin has mailed out the shower invitations already and plans for the shower are moving along.
                Off to church and then lunch. Have a great AF Sunday!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nora-thanks for launching us into July! I loved the picture, but I am sorry that the Photobucket pics won't be free anymore. Thank your for motivating me to do some organizing around here. :-):hug:

Liz-How exciting that your nephew is graduating from the Officers' Candidate's School. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE watching NCIS, and I frequently indulged myself in the NCIS marathons. Hahah! So glad you and hubby were able to relax and things are progressing for the wedding.
                  [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION]-I am half French Canadian. My mom's grandparents were from Quebec. I used to go to Canada frequently on business every year. Now, I just go to Stratford on business instead of Windsor (and other cities which have slipped my mind). How was the 150th celebration?

Glassie-I am so glad you got a handle on your drinking before it negatively affected your relationships.:welldone: I am grateful that the people who saw me at my worst during my drinking days are still my friends...except for one person...and cutting her off was my decision, not hers. She was a horrific gossip who tried to get some of my closest friends to turn against me, but it blew up in her face...hahah! Not only are they still my friends, but they have seen that she is NO friend to anyone, and they want nothing to do with her. Are you working hard on your dissertation or are you taking the summer off?

Pauly-Ok, I left out ONE more detail about my niece's Vegas trip. Her husband got some infection from the hotel swimming pool and ended up having to have his big toe nail removed in the ER last week. Fortunately, he went to the ER right away but the doc told him if he had waited just a few more days, they would have had to amputate his big toe! :-(

So, friends, here is my second of the "I am so glad I am not drinking" stories that I promised you: Last week, I ran into a woman I've known for over a decade.. I've always known that her husband was a heavy drinker and I've always suspected that she was an AL because of her permanently yellow eyes and deep red blotches on her face. I ran into her at the grocery store and OMG...she has aged dramatically in just a few months. Her face is now red and PURPLE, and she was carrying a big bottle of bourbon, her only purchase. She told me that her husband wants them to do things together, like work out, or go on a vacation, and she told me, "I'm just fine sitting here on the couch. I don't need to exercise or go anywhere." :egad: She is younger than I am and yet she looks 15 years older. I am so glad that my friends and I here at MWO found our way OUT of AL. I wouldn't want to be this woman...or her husband. So sad.

I am off to work out so big hellos to sweet Techie, Mr. G, AG, TMH, SK, Mr. V, and anyone I have missed. Happy AF Sunday.

Comment

Morning friends,Nora thanks for the July kickoff I usually love July but this one feels shitty,just trying to be a positive penguin, I can't wallow in sadness and anxiety eff that! Rusty,ugh sad about him getting an infection, I'd sue! Sad about the lady too,I've known so many people who don't ever even TRY to get sober,just content with their drinking ways,I guess that was me a few years ago,I honestly didnt care just thought I was having fun,delusional I guess. Was supposed to go get Michelle for breakfast but hubs has a stomach bug so that's off,think I'll head to the grocery store now so I can beat the food stamp peeps! Waves to all and wishes for a fab AF Sunday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning or afternoon. I took a benadryl at about 4:00 am so I slept in. I was itching so much that hubby insisted I take it and that he would listen for Mom. He tried to get me take another one when I got up but I don't want to be drugged up all day. I am assuming that we have fleas but I don't see any. We're going to have to figure out a way to keep Mom out of the house long enough so we can flea bomb.
                      And there is my tale of woe. :rotlf:

Liz - I'm glad that things are coming together for the wedding now. I like NCIS too. Funny little story - my brother really loves NCIS. When I was up in Oregon with C&J (son and DIL - that is what I'm going to call them from now on so I don't have to spell it out ), my brother had that on. Well C&J were very annoyed with the way my brother had been treating me. So, J made a big deal out of saying how much she hated that show and how stupid she thought it was. LOL Trying to protect her MIL

The emergency vehicles just pulled up outside. The people across the street also care for their elderly mother. They just took the backboard in the house so they are definitely taking someone to the hospital.
                      I just realized that I'm giving you a blow by blow as if you were reading this in real time :rotlf:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I must still be on Benadryl. Geez. I'll fill you in on the rest of the incident when it's done.

Pauly - I've been thinking of you. It is hard to be positive and always focus on the good when you are going thru so much. I have to tell you that you are doing a great job. Keep thinking positive and it will overpower the negative. :hug:

Rusty - you are sounding great and relaxed my dear. That makes me happy, happy! You work too much.

Yes, they just took the elderly mother in the ambulance. :sad:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]

Canada Day was safe. We had some great media to watch but we still need to fix some things with indigenous people. Where I am the fireworks failed so many are disappointed. But it was a great day despite some rain. There were some crazy things in Toronto. A Drone colour show and fireworks off the CN Tower. Quite a day where we all appreciated eachother.

Comment

Rusty, thanks for sharing your story. So sad really. I am glad that we found a way out. I don't think I ever wanted to keep drinking. I always knew this was not a good thing.

Pauly, sorry your not having a great July. What do you usually do during July that makes it so special?

Nora, so sad about your neighbor. Nice of hubby to listen for mom so you could sleep. What made you so itchy.

Empry glad you enjoyed Canada Day. We have been having fireworks around here every night for almost a week now. I'll probably just end up watching them on tv this year.

Went to mom and dad's tonight and daddy looked so much better! He was sitting on the couch and never got up but he was very chatty and for the most part lucid. I went to use the bathroom and he was sleeping when I got back. Hubby was outside putting down mulch and mom and I sat in the kitchen and chatted for a long time. It was a lovely evening. He is still weak and tired but I am encouraged.
                            CJ comes home tonight and I already have knots in my stomach. 83 days till the wedding and still a lot to do. I'm really struggling here. Hubby will talk to CJ and let her know what is expected.
                            Wishing you all a sober restful night. I love you all!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] look at the ingredients of the benadryl (if its liquid there is ethanol so AKA alcohol). I learned this the hard way.
                              [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] we are used to fireworks where i lived for 5 years in Niagara Falls, they are continuous (well daily) and the dogs take a while to accept them. I could stand on my deck and watch them. If I was ambitious I'd walk down the street or climb on the roof. They don't bug me the freaking helicopters bug me, the constant buzzing causes disturbed sleep. Upgrading all windows solved some of that and well we used blackout blinds because shift work sucks. In a city built for entertainment. I live now where its so quiet now the birds are what bug me in the mornings. 5 AM!!! For some reason the June bugs haven't made much of a problem this year (thats either good or bad but it's a noticable change).
                              Last edited by empyr3al; July 2, 2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X