Clear All

TJAF has 4 years AF today!!!

CONGRATS TO TJAF ON 4 YEARS AF!!!!!! :welldone:

I am very happy for you & wishing you continued success
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: TJAF has 4 years AF today!!!

TJ happy 4th birthday, your words of wisdom and sense have helped me along the way and i thank you. Have a happy day x
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

:welldone:CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you for showing us how to do this. I agree that your words of wisdom have helped me.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you Lav. What a nice thing to do. I am quite pleased with myself. For those that don't know my story I had devolved over time to a bottle and some nights a bottle and a half of vodka habit. My health was slipping and I knew it was only a matter of time before I would crash. The day after my wife's 50th I had enough and quit. I didn't have any real thought of success I just wanted to make it one day at a time. In those early days I still thought that in time I could drink again. With a little introspection I came to understand that when I thought of having a drink I wasn't ever thinking about the drink in front of me, I was always thinking one step ahead towards the next one. That was it! Eureka. With that clear reality I have since evolved into the understanding that no amount of drinking can ever work for me. What a relief. The pressure is off, no worries. I'm just done. Hooray!
        Last edited by TJAF; July 30, 2017, 12:23 AM.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

BTW while I certainly thought about this milestone before today it wasn't until mid afternoon that I remembered today. Could be that I'm just getting old but the optimist in me is hoping it is just one step closer to total freedom.
          Last edited by TJAF; July 30, 2017, 12:31 AM.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Awesome, TJAF!!! Congratulations..

Comment

TJAF - many many congratulations on 4 years of sobriety. Thanks too for all you contributions and insightful posts.
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

True words TJ
                There is no substance of any sort that will ever be enough or 'fix' anything. We have all we need right with ourselves!

Keep up the great work, you deserve the best!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
                  In those early days I still thought that in time I could drink again. With a little introspection I came to understand that when I thought of having a drink I wasn't ever thinking about the drink in front of me, I was always thinking one step ahead towards the next one. That was it! Eureka. With that clear reality I have since evolved into the understanding that no amount of drinking can ever work for me. What a relief. The pressure is off, no worries. I'm just done. Hooray!
                  Nicely explained, yep I reckon that's it. Thanks for sharing, congrats on four whole years of clarity and freedom.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Way to go, TJ! Thanks for your thoughtful, timely nuggets of wisdom.

Comment

Well done TJ!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
                        With a little introspection I came to understand that when I thought of having a drink I wasn't ever thinking about the drink in front of me, I was always thinking one step ahead towards the next one. That was it! Eureka. With that clear reality I have since evolved into the understanding that no amount of drinking can ever work for me. What a relief. The pressure is off, no worries. I'm just done. Hooray!
                        It's a great way to feel, isn't it, TJ? For an addict, alcohol makes life so dang complicated. Quitting doesn't of course solve everything (and you've certainly gone through some of the toughest challenges imaginable) but it certainly simplifies things and enables us to handle the bad and enjoy the good that life gives us.
                        I'm really happy for you, NS

Comment

A great accomplishment, congrats! Five years will be here before you know it.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congratulations!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

TJAF! I couldnt be more proud or happy for you. It is a freedom that I never imagined possible. Thank you for all you do for us in the nest, your wisdom is always a breath of fresh air. Keep up the great work! :llama: Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X