Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
    Empy, I didn't take my computer to Mexico, but when I got back I had no audio despite trying MS advice and google.
    My audio is so complex I have trouble too sometimes. Stereo, audio to phone, to headphones, to about 8 different devices including Blutooth devices. Was it on? Maybe it got an update? Tech support is hard to do with audio depending on the operating system. If you hadn't used it in a while you could try using a restore point as it backs up every week on windows 10. Good luck and if you send me a PM I *might* be able to help you depending on what system you are using. Windows 10 I can walk step by step because I can actually tell you what to click on. Other OS' I couldn't tell you because its not right in front of my face. That would drive me nuts.

I've never heard the phrase "fish widow", interesting. Stents have been a problem for a while and there are class action lawsuits going on about them. Glad he had a good last day.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      Empy-I have never seen Mr. Robot but now you have piqued my interest.;-). You are on GABA, too...so am I...600 mgs at night. Is it for nerve-related pain? I have 2 herniated discs in my neck and it's the only thing that helps...otherwise, the pain is unbearable. I only have one depressing side effect....weight gain. UGH. Oh well...at least I can function and the pain is manageable.
      Its quite interesting. It also deals with mental disorders but I won't give it away. Its facinating because the script writer actually consulted real hackers. The psyciatric part is even more crazy. If you watch it, I'll talk about what it is. I won't spoil it.
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], try an app called "I Can't Wake Up! Free" (its on android, not sure about iphone)... omg it blows math problems out of the water. The puzzles are crazy. Now this would really upset a partner sleeping beside you and end up in divorce because really its got math like you describe, memory task about same coloured tiles, ordering task so you have to put tiles in order, repeatings sequences, barcode task where you scan say a cereal box UPC before bed and you have to actually get out of bed and scan it again, shake test, rewrite a phrase test and choosing a matching paired word. Totally blows your mind.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

Catch-I don't live in the hurricane zone but thanks for thinking of me.:hug: I live in the Midwestern region of the US and we are susceptible to tornadoes.

Nora-good luck tomorrow. I'll email you, too!

Liz-thanks for popping in, dear. Glad you got to spend time with the baby.

Big hellos to everyone else. Lots of busy tasks to do today but I'll be home. YIPPEE!

Comment

Empy, I do have windows 10 and would appreciate any help

Thanks
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I have received a very hateful pm from a member here. It is bad enough to think that person maybe drinking I surely hope not, but it does resemble a drunken hissy.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Dear Skendal,

Put the nimrod on ignore. PM forum mgr and admin. This is unacceptable behavior!.. I'm sorry. We don't have control over other people. I know you know this. There was a time I spent hours blocking mean people. You and others don't deserve this. Your a wonderful person!.. :heartbeat: :hug: You've been through enough pain!.. Dammit

Comment

Hello. Long & busy day today. Got most of the computers up. Still working on a couple of them.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. I haven't read back yet. I'm hoping to find out that Glassie is feeling MUCH better.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora-glad you got extra sleep over the weekend. You really need it with working more than full-time, taking care of your mom, etc. So glad you got your computers up....um, they will come in handy for tomorrow. Just sent you an email, too. :hug:

Glassie-I hope you are feeling better!! We miss you on here.

More work before bed so I better stop procrastinating and finish up before I head to bed.

I hope everyone is having a lovely AF morning/afternoon/evening. :heartbeat:

Comment

[MENTION=651]SKendall[/MENTION] - your mailbox is full. I can't reply to your PM
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Skendall , like wildflowers said it is unacceptable behaviour, keep strong strong you have a lot of support :hug:
                        I start college next week in bookkeeping am shiting myself now it getting closer, been trying to do excel but it changed a lot.

Xcatch22X
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi. Quick post because it's bedtime here. Just wanted to say thanks for checking up on me. Despite having more drugs inside me than a chemist shop I still feel crappy. After 7 weeks, the cough is pretty exhausting.

I also wanted to let everyone in the States know I'm thinking of you with all these terrible weather events you're having. I hope you all stay safe. :heartbeat:
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Nora., I emptied my mailbox.
                            Glassie that is crazy. My daughter had pneumonia and wasn't as sick as you are. Codeine is a cough suppressant but nothing seems to be working.��
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey guys feeling a little more human today! Read back a bit and hope everyone is doing ok. Had a wonderful day with CJ, Joe and Logan (Erin was tutoring). I am trying to savor every minute with CJ before the big day. Their property in st Croix seems to be coming through Irma so far unscathed. Anyway, thanking you all for your support during my recent "episode". You guys made such a difference and I love you:love: wishing you all a peaceful AF night

Comment

Hello everyone. Happy to see you all.

Enjoy every second with CJ.

Glassie - I can't believe how sick you still are. Honestly, I can't believe you are not in the hospital. Please go to the Dr again. :hug:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X