One Step at a Time - September 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

Hey Rusty - are you out and about again? I still have two computers giving me fits. Arrrggghhhh

Catch - really neat about your bookkeeping course. Is it full time or a couple days a week? Earlier I was thinking about the marvelous trip you had with your family. Great!

Bird - how are you doing? How is work going? Did you have a good weekend?

empy - you made me laugh with the alarm idea. No thank you. I just wanted something that I couldn't snooze or dismiss without thinking about it. And believe me this works. LOL

Pauly - :hug: thinking of you. I try to make it over to the abs to visit. But, I don't get that much time. I think of you daily - you must feel those hugs I send you. :hug:

Techie - are you still back East?

TMH - how are you doing? Did you have to evacuate? I can't remember where you are located.

Dill - great to see you as always.

Wildflowers - hope you feel better. I think I read that you weren't feeling well today.

Sending big hugs & good thoughts to everyone. Stay safe. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello, Friends!:heartbeat:

Glassie-oh you poor thing...those severe respiratory ailments take SO long to recover from...I hope you get relief soon...and thank you for your good wishes to the people in Texas who are suffering because of the hurricane. So typical of you.:heartbeat: I hope your illness hasn't derailed any of your Ph.D. plans.

Catch-congratulations on starting college next week...delighted for you! Is this a new career for you? Did I ever tell you that when I was in the automotive industry, I went to England 6 times...and loved it more each time! It must be a nasty rumor that people from the UK tend to be more cold and aloof than Americans, but everyone there treated me like gold! Loved It! I have not been to London YET, but I've been to Birmingham, Lemington Spa, and a few other places. As I was being a tourist, of course I HAD to visit Sherwood Forest. Yo, Robin Hood!

Liz!:heartbeat:So good to see you!! So glad you got to spend time with CJ and Logan. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. We miss you when you are gone!

Nora-how many computers did you have to get up and running? I can't imagine the stress you are under....:-(

A cheery hello to everyone else, happy AF Thursday!

Comment

Morning Folks,
        NoraC my course is one full day a week till January, then I will do some like a pc course and helpful if I pass I start level in sptember next year x
        Rusty , thank you , it might be a new career, not setting my goal to high, people up north are more friendly, but am one of the friendly once in London. Everyone so busy wrapped up in them self.
        Am going to try and see if I can get to the gym keep saying this to myself everyday. One day it will come true😆

Keep safe all ♡
        Xcatch22X
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Catch-if your new educational venture doesn't turn out to be a career, bookkeeping is a VERY marketable skill for sure. Good job! I read on the Gratitude Thread that you took your grandkids to London for a treat. I always thought you were in your late 20s somehow when you first joined. Ah, you're youthful...good for you. My friend is going to London again next month because she loved it so much the first time she went last year. Of course, she loved Princess Diana. Big news over here in the states: Kate's 3rd baby on the way...she is so classy.
          Am going to try and see if I can get to the gym keep saying this to myself everyday. One day it will come true�� LOL. I hear ya!

Comment

I feel the hugs Nora,love you too
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone. Finally home. Spent half the day in tears. Ready to chill out. I hope that every has had a wonderful day
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope the tears were cleansing. Sometimes a good cry helps. Hope you and fam are ok!... Just getting dinner in have about 10/20 min.

Just read somebody's Birthday today on 24hr cafe. Pauly - Happy Birthday! Hope its been a happy one!... :flowerspop::celebrate::balloons::wings:

Comment

Hugs Nora:hug:. Hope those tears are all gone. How can we make you feel better?

Comment

Happy birthday Pauly!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:welldone::yay::balloons::bigwave:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Birthday Pauly. I hope you had a lovely day with your loved ones. :hug:

I'm so sorry about the tears Nora. Are you feeling any better?

I'm starting to feel almost human again! My cough is finally getting better, although it will probably hang around for a bit longer but I'm finally getting some energy back.
                        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 8, 2017, 02:16 AM.
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAULY!!!:yay:

Comment

LIZ!!:heartbeat:So good to see you!!! Gosh, I miss you here. How are you doing?

Glassie!:heartbeat:I am so glad you are starting to feel better. That cough is horrible..hangs on for weeks and drains you of energy. Thank you for having enough energy to post! Muah Muah (as mama bear says). :-)

Nora-I am so sorry you had a tearful day yesterday.:hug: Is it your controlling boss who is making your life miserable.
                            [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]...great to see you, too. I have a question for you....I am making my first trip to Vancouver in January for work and I think I am going to spend the weekend there and do some sightseeing. I know it will be winter and cold but do you have any suggestions for me? Also, how did you find those great emojis that you inserted when you posted Happy Birthday wishes to Pauly?

Our friend [MENTION=15072]ToMyHealth[/MENTION] posted on another thread that she and her husband were evacuating. They are in Florida and they didn't want to take any chances. Stay safe, TMH!

I have a ton of things to do today so I better get moving! Happy AF Friday to all my friends here.

Comment

Glassy I'm glad you're finally feeling human! thanks for the birthday wishes everyone,it means a lot glad to hear TMH is evacuating Rusty, I wish everyone down there would just to be on the safe side,thunder is rolling in here so I foresee a lazy day in my future haha,be safe and happy,AF today all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey, it's DA BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!:yay: I know today is your day off so can you do something fun to celebrate? This thought popped into my head for some reason...a Dairy Queen ice cream cake...wait, no, I meant Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake. Thank you, Pauly, for putting sweet treat thoughts in my head so early in the morning. Haha! I am having cravings for cupcakes and ice cream for some reason. UGH! Why can't I crave carrots and celery sticks??? Haha!

Pauly-wow, that evacuation process is something else. I would be a horrible survivor, for sure. I live by myself so I would most likely freak out.

Ok, off I go! Pauly, enjoy a rare thunder-stricken day in LV.

Comment

Working...
                                X