One Step at a Time - September 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] yes my daughter is getting married 9/24!

Comment

Bird - how are you? Were you hit hard? Did your home hold up ok? How is work going?

Liz - everyone must be so excited - it's so close now.

TMH - have you heard how your area is?

Glassie - feel better and NO MORE OVERDOING IT! :hug: :hug:

Rusty - When are you heading home?

Techie - Great to see you and I also laughed at the Oprah.

Mr V - how are you doing?

Chance - how is your class going? I forget what it was. Am I making this all up?? LOL

Pauly - How are things going? Did you say that you got rain? We finally are getting some cooler weather.

Thank you for the positive thoughts regarding work. I am just working on getting back to 'Be Happy', 'Let it Go', 'One Step at a Time', 'Will this matter a year from now?' (well, that last one doesn't quite work in this situation. :harhar:
      I've been training a new girl this week so absolutely swamped.
      I went and had the skin cancer spots removed this afternoon. Starting to feel a little uncomfortable now. If the one on my hand is cancer, he said that it's a different type than the one on my nose. The one on my nose he is confident is cancer. There are other places on my nose that he wants to watch. I go back in 6 months.
      Big waves to everyone that I missed saying hello to and to all our visitors. :hiya:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning!

I am home from Omaha and off to work with my client and then dinner with my Mom. She has requested the honor of my presence. LOL

LIZ!!:heartbeat: It is SO good to see you....countdown til the wedding! Can't wait to see pics of the bride in her gown and you in your dress! I know you will all look just smashing.

Glassie...did you go back to work too soon and now you have had a setback?

Nora:hug:I wish you could get away from that stressful job and that overbearing boss. GRRRR!!!

Mr. V-So glad your relatives in FL are OK. Mine are, too!

Big hellos to everyone else...I've got to run. Happy Thursday!!

Comment

Rusty and Nora – thanks and yes – I think I must have just got carried away and did too much too soon. I’m feeling better this afternoon though. I absolutely have to be better by Monday because it’s school holidays here and I’ve promised to cover for my colleague who is taking 2 weeks leave.

Rusty – I hope you have a nice dinner with your Mom.

Mr V and TMH – I hope you and your family and belongings all came through safely.

Nora – how is the new girl working out? I hope you’re not having a repeat of (was it Mama B or K9 who had the OITNB employee? – I can’t remember). That was so funny!

Liz – wow – not much longer now! How exciting. I can’t wait to see you in your dress.

BTW Nora - you mentioned the other day that you missed the Undies. Rags has become quite a good friend of mine and she's just in the process of moving to Qld from NSW and will be not far from me, so it'll be nice to catch up more often. (well, not far in Qld terms that is, about an hour away).
          Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 14, 2017, 08:51 AM.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi all. Too lazy to go grab my laptop so I'm pecking this out on my kindle.
            Glassie - glad you are doing a little better. Please tell Rags hello from me. How fantastic that you are going to be closer to each other.
            Rusty - how you had a nice dinner with your mom.
            :hiya: and will blab more when I have a real keyboard.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Late here but oh well!

Glassie how exciting that rags will be closer to you. I wish we all lived closer together. How fun would it be to be able to go to lunch together and just hang out.

Rusty, your pic on fb was too funny! Thanks for the smile!

Nora, hopefully work will slow down a bit for you!

Yes the wedding is coming up quick. CJ will go for her last fitting tomorrow. Erin and my niece will pick up their bridesmaids dresses tomorrow, as well. CJ and joe are getting their license tomorrow. They still have not packed for their move, I guess they have time. It's ok by me though. I'll keep them awhile longer.

Waves to everyone and I wish us all a peaceful AF night

Comment

Hi everyone,
                Glassie how exciting your daughter getting married I bet there be a few years at the wedding.
                Nora thinking of you I hope the skin cancer is not bad.
                Rusty his was your meal . I had a lovely time with my daughter come round we ended up watching a film and had pizza at home for lunch.
                Glassie hope your feeling a lot better take it easy
                Mr V, Pauly, techi, chance, & anyone I missed out hope your all well.
                Yesterday was my first day at college all that build up of being nervous was not that bad. First day was good can't wait till next week :-))
                Love to you all♡
                Xcatch22X
                Last edited by catch22; September 15, 2017, 06:20 AM.
                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Happy Saturday.
                  Have to go to a baby shower. Then I'm coming home to vegetate. :welldone: catch you all later.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi guys, been busy putting things back together. We were extremely fortunate in our community. Lots of oak trees down, and we had cage damage as did many. Have had guys here to measure and give us estimate for repair.
                    Our club reopened today including golf course. We decided to go up for lunch. Chalkboard sign in entry saying "Welcome back. Listed Daily food specials and Hurricane drinks for $3. Little humor. It felt so good and normal to be back in there. We have a tee time after church tomorrow.
                    Area just 3 mi away flooded and no power. FB posting about woman who has been over helping coming back with dirty laundry. I hopped in car to go get some but she said she only had 1 bag today but will have more tomorrow. Many are preparing food to feed 20-30 people. This is near a road called Cemetery Road and FB literally showed coffins floating. Can you imagine?
                    Many restaurants opening doors to feed the power and light guys who are working so hard. Police have been managing traffic at gas stations. Some have $20 limit and cannot fill gas cans.
                    Ok, hope this finds all you and yours well!
                    TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

TMH oh my, coffins floating, how awful. I'm glad your guys are safe. We went through it just a few years ago with super storm Sandy and it is no fun! It took 9 days for us to get power back. I hope things get back to normal soon in your area. It's really pretty cool to see power companies from other states helping out. They really come from all over.

Hot here today so I'm working on my tan for the wedding. CJ had her bachlorette party today. They went to a spa. Massages, steam rooms, salt rooms and an infinity pool overlying the NYC skyline. They had a good time. Off to bed to read a bit.
                      Waves to all and wishing us all a quiet AF night.

Comment

[MENTION=15072]ToMyHealth[/MENTION] - thank you for checking in. So glad to hear that things aren't as bad as they could be. Wonderful of you for jumping in to help. That's wonderful. Enjoy your golf game.

Catch - so glad that you class went ok!! Enjoy this new adventure you are on.

Liz - so excited about the wedding. :hug:

Son, DIL & I went to a baby shower today for a young man that lived down the street from us. He & my son used to play together. Anyway, it was a little unusual. The invitation said 11:00 but we weren't able to get there until almost 12:00. We were the first people to arrive. They were still decorating. We started to help, then the Mom told my DIL that she wasn't putting the streamers up right. LOL I just took the streamer from my DIL and told her that I would take care of it so my neighbor could get on my case. And she did. LOL Anyway, we left at about 1:30 and the mommy to be wasn't even there yet. Just a different sort of party than I have been to before.
                        Then the kids took me out to lunch. We drove into downtown Los Angeles so they could take me this great Mexican restaurant. They messed up my DIL's food twice. And I had a very wishful thought of a margarita. Very uncomfortable thought. It's so nice that the thought can come in and out of my head so much easier/quicker now though. I do know that it is because of all the stress/anxiety I have been having lately.
                        Hubby was so happy that he volunteered to stay with Mom. LOL I did have a wonderful day with my kids. So, it all is ok.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - x-post. What a fun bachelorette party. How many girls went? Sounds wonderful.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I was able to take the bandages off my nose and hand today. I finally got to take a shower. :yay: And wash my hair. I don't remember if I told you that I had hubby wash my hair in the kitchen sink. I couldn't do it myself. I couldn't get my nose wet or my left hand. We should have taken a recording of it. I told him later thank you but that he seriously need more practice. LOL
                            Anyway, I am going to have a pretty big scar on my nose and hand. The places look pretty gnarly and I already have problems with scarring. But, I never won any beauty contests anyway. :makeup: It's so nice to have reached a point in my life where I know that this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. :heartbeat:
                            Last edited by NoraC; September 16, 2017, 08:40 PM.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Sunday (almost Monday for Glassie)
                              Tried to sleep in but oh well.

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. :heartbeat:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - did you have a nice dinner with your Mom? What are you up to today?
                                I have gone on overload of people so I am going to hide inside my house. :rotlf: So out of my comfort level yesterday with having to small talk with strangers. My whole week last week was me being uncomfortable. Training a new employee, Doctor appointments, hospice appointments, taking the car in. Aaarrrgggghhhhh
                                Oh - and did you notice how quickly I went from asking about you to whining about myself. :harhar:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X