One Step at a Time - September 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

Liz - I saw the news today and immediately thought of your kids when they mentioned St Croix. Have they bought a home there or just arranged a rental? My heart is breaking once again for all those people who have lost everything. (BTW - when I see photos of you and your daughters you look more like three sisters!)

Nora - how are you going lovely? You were in an awful slump the other week. Are you feeling any better? How is the new person at work working out?

I had to postpone the CT scan until tomorrow, but I had a spirometry test today and the results were good, which means it's unlikely this is anything serious. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better again, and the cough is a lot less if I don't have to talk. Although my boss is now calling himself Mr Attenborough because I was barking like a seal when we spoke yesterday. SOOOO embarrassing. :blushing:
    Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 20, 2017, 12:40 AM.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi all. Glassie - keep feeling better.
      Liz, I've never seen that show. Was it fun? Babysitting sounds fun to me.
      Thanks for asking, Glassie. I'm not in a good place at the moment. But, I'm hanging on. Having quite a few drinking thoughts which is unusual. I know I just want to numb out and escape. Just need to hold tight and get thru it. Just due to all the stress at the moment.
      I hate to complain. So whiny when I don't have any real problems. So, I'm clinging to sobriety. And things will get better.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So not an easy day for me. CJ and joe are furiously packing. They plan on leaving next wednesday. Surprised me because they in my opinion have a lot more to prepare. I am helping and trying not to let them see my tears. This is by far the most difficult time I have ever been through and for as bad as it is, I am not drinking. I'm sorry to be such a downer but I just want to let you know what's going on.

Comment

Hi All
          [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], your not complaining or whiny, remember your going through stress at the moment , and it is a problem, if your not in a good place. Especially if your saying your holding on tight to your sobriety. Those drinking thoughts we have to be careful of they seems to get us when we are down and vulnerable, so you make sure you vent it out here where we can support you in anyway NoraC . You will get through this I have every faith in you because you know things will get better big :hug: from me.
          I need to get to sleep, up early tomorrow if I can get to sleep always have trouble 😩 just watched American Horror Story, and it very weird this season !
          Last edited by catch22; September 20, 2017, 05:58 PM.
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

First off - thank you all for the support. I started coming out of it today. This evening hubby told me that he was glad that I was in a better mood and that he had been worried about me. To be honest, I was beginning to get worried about myself. Anyway - thank you. :heartbeat:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Did they suddenly decide this or has this been their plan? How are they getting all their stuff there? GREAT JOB on not drinking. I can only imagine the stress and sadness you have right now. :hug: :hug:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes Nora, that's how they do things last minute! That has been my frustration for all the wedding planning. They are driving down to Miami in an SUV and a van. They will get a container in Miami and ship it with the vehicles to st. Croix, not to mention 2 german shepherds! They are buying appliances in Miami and shipping them down as well. As we cleaned out Cjs room I found a journal I kept for about 2 years when Erin was three and CJ just a few months old. I am so glad I did that and it was nice to read out my life day to day back then. I did it all without drinking. I can do this now too.

Comment

Ah Liz :hug: How great to find that journal. Perfect timing. That is wonderful. And you are right you did it then and you are doing it now. :hug: :heartbeat:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I don't blame you for being frustrated with the kids. It is so hard to just sit back and watch the things they do. What does Joe's parents say about any of this?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
                      Hi All
                      @NoraC, your not complaining or whiny, remember your going through stress at the moment , and it is a problem, if your not in a good place. Especially if your saying your holding on tight to your sobriety. Those drinking thoughts we have to be careful of they seems to get us when we are down and vulnerable, so you make sure you vent it out here where we can support you in anyway NoraC . You will get through this I have every faith in you because you know things will get better big :hug: from me.
                      I need to get to sleep, up early tomorrow if I can get to sleep always have trouble  just watched American Horror Story, and it very weird this season !
                      Thank you. I felt better after I just let it out this morning. There has been a lot going on in my life. It was building up. I never was in danger of drinking but like you said I was feeling vulnerable. :hug:
                      Hope you got some sleep. I haven't watched that. Might have to check it out.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - glad that test came out ok & am anxiously awaiting the next results. I understand the barking like a seal. I was on the phone with a customer once after I had been out sick for a week. He knew how sick I had been but after I started coughing my head off, he kept talking to me - small talk. :rotlf:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - you heading home tomorrow? Did I already ask if the colors are changing yet? I love leaves. LOL (Yes - we already know that I'm weird. This is just more evidence.)
                          [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] - How are you doing? I hope that things are going ok with you?

:hiya: TMH, Techie, Pauly, Mr V, WF, Cowboy and everyone that I'm missing.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora I'm so proud of you. You HAVE been going through a lot and you never whinge - that's why I had to ask for an update. You seem to be giving out so much to everyone, but how are you filling your tank? You know you can't run on empty for too long, and when you have a gap to fill, it's not long before the subconscious sneakily thinks alcohol would be a good, quick way to fill it. You know you are very much loved, by your family and by us and I'm sure many more friends, so sit still for a while and let yourself be filled and surrounded by that love.

Liz - the kids will be fine. Your parents were probably just as worried about you when you first got married. All you can do is explain some of the things that may go wrong that they may not know about and remind them to get insurance etc. I was a wreck when both my kids moved at the same time - one interstate and one about as far overseas as you can get. I had major empty nest syndrome and privately cried for hours, but did my best not to show it. I also made a big fuss about how exciting it was and bought them celebratory gifts including vouchers to events in their new locations. Anyway, we Skyped a lot and eventually they both came back and I was so glad then that I hadn't made it more difficult for them.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glassie - Thank you :hug: you are such a sweetie. And I loved that story of your kids - they spread their wings but there is no place like home :heartbeat:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh - I was just reading an e-mail from Belle(Tired of Thinking about Drinking) that I didn't get a chance to read yesterday. What timing......

everyone who’s sober – who drifts from their supports, or who doesn’t have enough supports – will hear wolfie. that’s me included. doesn’t matter what day you’re on – day 27 or day 777.if you drift, you will hear the 'drink now' voice. if you have enough supports, the voice gets quieter day by day.

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X