Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    Glassie - Thank you :hug: you are such a sweetie. And I loved that story of your kids - they spread their wings but there is no place like home :heartbeat:
    I've always understood the main purpose of parenting to be giving your children both roots and wings. But letting them leave the nest hurts - a lot!!
    Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 20, 2017, 10:41 PM.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hello all. How did the scan go, Glassie? Liz, how about the wedding prep? Pauly, I hope you have the best time.
      How's everyone doing?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends,

Sorry to be MIA, but I have been mourning, along with my mother. Her last living brother passed away last Thursday and her best friend passed away on Tuesday. It is so hard for me to hear my mother cry, because she never cries. The Facebook posts of her best friend have had me sobbing several days in a row now. Fortunately, my dearest friends are coming for a visit this afternoon so that will cheer me up. The funeral is on Sunday and I am taking my mom and some close friends of hers who are blind.

Liz:hug: I bet the kids will be fine...they'll work it out somehow, right? You will be a gorgeous mother-of-the bride and I can't wait to see you in your dress.

Glassie-I am so relieved that your test came out OK and I about died laughing about the barking like a seal comment. I needed a good laugh this week and thank you for providing me with one.:heartbeat:

Nora-yes, the leaves are turning colors, and it has been HOT here....with temps almost at 90 degrees. I am so proud of you for staying sober even when you have been going through... wow, you amaze me.:hug: I am at home for the next week. I am delighted. :-)

Big hellos to [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=15072]ToMyHealth[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...happy AF Friday!

Comment

Oh Rusty - I'm so sorry sweetie. :hug: :heartbeat:
          Your mother is very lucky to have you with her at such a hard time. Sending love and prayers to you both. :hug:

Comment

Oh Glassie:heartbeat:Thank you for making me cry.....AGAIN. LOL. I am going to work out now and I think that will help my mood. You are indeed a wise mum:
            I had major empty nest syndrome and privately cried for hours, but did my best not to show it. I also made a big fuss about how exciting it was and bought them celebratory gifts including vouchers to events in their new locations. Anyway, we Skyped a lot and eventually they both came back and I was so glad then that I hadn't made it more difficult for them.
            My niece's pain the @ss in-laws made her and her husband feel so guilty for moving out of state. If the in-laws only knew the real reason they were moving out-of-state...the MIL and FIL were controlling and meddling. My niece would be envious of the classy way you handled your kids moving on to their new locations.:love:

Comment

Oh Rusty, I am so sorry. You are a wonderful daughter.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, you are so very sweet to say so but I put my mom through hell with my drinking and I am trying so hard to make it up to her, even though she has told me countless times that is water under the bridge and I should forgive myself. SIGH. My sister is really the one who deserves the credit. She takes care of my mom practically 24/7 and I just help out when I have time. I am going to work out. That might improve my mood.

Thanks for listening you guys!:heartbeat:

Comment

Rusty:hug: I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort with your family and with your memories, I will be thinking of you this weekend!

Nora, thanks for posting that quote from belle. I'm hanging on to anything and everything this weekend. So far so good.

Glassie, keep us posted on the test results. You a great mother and a strong woman. Yes it's hard to see them go! I only hope I can be half as good as you mothering!

I love you all! Happy Friday!

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] so sorry to hear the sad news of your mum brother. Will be thinking of you all x x
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Thanks, everyone, I really appreciate your support and your kind words. It means a lot to me. It really does! :heartbeat:

Comment

Sending my heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Rusty. xoxo
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          Nora, you are so very sweet to say so but I put my mom through hell with my drinking and I am trying so hard to make it up to her, even though she has told me countless times that is water under the bridge and I should forgive myself. SIGH. My sister is really the one who deserves the credit. She takes care of my mom practically 24/7 and I just help out when I have time. I am going to work out. That might improve my mood.

Thanks for listening you guys!:heartbeat:
                          Rusty - if your mother has told you that - believe her! Mothers have big hearts and short memories when it comes to their kids. You've turned the situation around and I'm sure that's all that matters to her now. Trust me - the best thing you can do to make up for anything in the past is to forgive yourself and be happy. That's the only thing your Mom wants.

Comment

Rusty
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Evening, Dear Friends!

Well, thanks to all of you for making me cry AGAIN! ;-) :-)

Liz-:heartbeat: How kind of you to offer support when you have so much going on with the wedding, etc. Thank you for thinking of me.

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION]-thank you for your kind words. How is your class going? Do you like it?

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]-always good to see you! The exercise really helped my mood. I thought of
                              you as I am sure that exercise has helped with your positive attitude in battling your cancer.

Glassie:heartbeat:Rusty -
                              if your mother has told you that - believe her! Mothers have big hearts and short memories when it comes to their kids. You've turned the situation around and I'm sure that's all that matters to her now. Trust me - the best thing you can do to make up for anything in the past is to forgive yourself and be happy. That's the only thing your Mom wants.
                              Thank you, dear friend. I needed that!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]:love:-thank you for the prayers. I will be flipping back to look at your picture that you posted when I need support.

Well, everyone, I had a good day. I walked in the 91 degree heat with my friends, went out to dinner and then took a dip in the pool.

It's 8:15 PM and I am exhausted. I hope you are all having a peaceful evening and I can't thank you enough for being here when I needed you.:thanks:
                              Last edited by Rusty; September 22, 2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Rusty - thank you so much for checking in. You have been in my thoughts all day. :hug: I agree with what Glassie said. That's just what Mom wants - you forgiving yourself and being happy. I am glad that you got to walk and have dip in the pool. You need to try to get some rest. The emotional stress takes such a toll on you. :heartbeat:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X