Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2017

Rusty - How did it go yesterday? I am sure it wasn't easy. :hug:

Glassie - I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well at the party. Are you sick from all the med you've been on? I hope you feel better.

Liz - can't wait for all the details. Beautiful bride - beautiful family.

Catch - how is school going? Are you still loving it?

Well - I keep getting interrupted so I'm just going to hit send. Big hugs to everyone - hope to hear from you all soon. :heart:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] still loving college, struggling on saga computerised accounts I have not got that on my p.c . The good thing is the teacher said, if we need to we can come in and use there p.c and go over the work sheet at college. Spreadsheets am alright. How is work ?
      Am off a big Hello to you all :heartbeat:
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I am home again today and it feels so good to be able to catch my breath. :-) The funeral was OK on Sunday...not what I am used to but that's OK. We got to pay our respects to our dear friend's family. Mom did just fine and so did her blind friends, whom I picked up and took with us. It was a gorgeous day and I am so glad it's over. :-)
        Thank you ALL for your support. I am so lucky to have you all.:heartbeat:

Glassie:hug:You poor thing, you are so sick still? I feel badly that you missed part of your granddaughter's party. :-( I will send you an email later today. :-)

Nora-the pictures you posted for Liz were so cool. Some day, I will take the instructions you gave me and put them to use. :-)
        [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION]-I am delighted that there is a teacher you can contact if you have questions about your course. Teacher's support is so vital.

Big waves to anyone I missed...happy AF Tuesday!

Comment

Waiting for CJ and joe to come home and say goodbye. Just a quick check in for me. I'm sure I will have time to post more when things settle down.

Comment

Oh Liz. Big hugs going your way :heartbeat:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all ,
              Had to go to the GP last week had q small lump on my stomach turns out it just a cysts that is infected had some antibiotics cleared the infection after a week but after having the last tablet. The next day it got infected again. My doctor said if i wanted it cut out, i said yes becsuse it infected again it a little bit painful but not that bad .

Love to you all :heartbeat: take good care xx
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Liz – I know it’s hard when you’re little girl leaves but at least these days you have Skype and all sorts of technology and I’m sure they’ll be back in no time. And you'll have a beautiful place to visit while they're there!

Rusty – I’m glad the funeral went as well as could be expected. You’re such a love, supporting your mother and all her other friends as well.

Catch22 – I hope you’re OK after your surgery and have no more infection.

Nora – how are you, my love? Your chattiness has not gone unnoticed and that worries me! How is your Mom? And how is your decluttering going? I hope choosing to minimise your possessions isn’t contributing to your slump. And how is the new work person working out? I know you’re not feeling very chatty at the moment but we’re here if you need to talk.
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hello everyone. Big hugs & waves to everyone. The hugs & waves are also for everyone one just cruising by. :heart:

I decided to get that out of the way because who knows how long I'll be able to type. LOL

Catch - I agree about getting it cut out. Hope you are feeling ok.

Liz - hope to see you back soon. I am sure that this is so hard. :sad:

Rusty - I agree with everything that Glassie said. :hug:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - I hope that you are back on your feet soon. :love: Thank you :hug: I am ok and trying to look at the positive. The new girl is working out very well but I am still dealing with other issues on the work front. Mom looked me right in the eye a couple days ago and said "I just don't understand it. I just don't understand this. Why do I just keep going on? Why don't I die?........So, even though I know it is not far off, it hurt that she realized now bad off she is. But, on a positive note - Mom felt well enough to do a few stretches with me.
                    Now - aren't you sorry you asked. LOL Seriously - I am doing fine but I've had to work harder lately at happy. Hubby & I are going away Friday & Saturday night so that is a huge positive.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Catch-a cyst on your stomach? OUCH! Yes, I am all for having it removed. I can't believe how uncomfortable you must be...you sound brave, though. I am impressed:thumbsup:

Liz:hug:The kids will be fine...but I understand how sad you must be. I am so sorry, sweetheart. You looked fabulous in your dress! WOW! Absolutely breathtaking...classy, chic. Loved the family pictures, too.

Glassie-thank you for your sweet words.:heartbeat: How are you feeling?

Nora-aww...you have so much going on. I am glad your new person is working out well, and I got choked up when your mom was talking about dying. :-( :-( So glad you and hubs are getting away for the weekend. You deserve it!

Big hellos to everyone else and happy AF Hump Day!

Comment

Hey all. Just got back from watching the baby and he truly heals this broken heart! CJ and Joe left this morning and stopped overnight in North Carolina. Tomorrow they will drive the 12 a hours to Miami. latest update is that they will not be able to fly to St Croix until the earliest 10/11. They are working on restoring power and hope to have 80 percent restored with the remaining 20 percent to be restored by Christmas. It was so good to speak with CJ on the phone tonight. Anyway, I promise I will be more present and less about myself from here on in. I will share details about the wedding in the next few days, if you're interested. Thank you all for your patience and support during my life change recently. I am managing minute by minute and actually doing pretty good, all things considered. Love you all.

Comment

Would love to hear the details [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] about the wedding. Me & my partner will try and arrange to get married next year where not sure if we get married in the UK, or go to Ireland where my mum comes from which would be nice or just the two of usobriety on how owe and a beach wedding. It won't be a big wedding just family and a few close friends. Told my daughter & son to keep the dates free just in case.
                          Can't wait til they do get this cyst remove because it is irritating me now. Thanks Rusty :thumbsup: I do try my best to be brave and block it out, I have had experience blocking things out in the past.
                          Love to you all :hug:

Comment

I've been trying to post for a couple hours. Never got a chance. Will catch you all tomorrow.
                            Catch - I hope you get it taken care of soon. :hug:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I hate that when that happens, thanks NoraC x

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], YES, we DO want to hear details about the wedding. :heartbeat:

Comment

Working...
                                X