Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Goooooood morning camperooos.

It is September. The beginning of Autumn, Fall, leaves are beginning to turn bonnie shades of red, orange, ruby and ochre. A wee bit cooler, with hints of some fresh northern winds. A gentle darkness draws in on either side of the day. Only a little chance of precipitation. A sweet smell lingers in the still, somewhat misty, morning air. Dew lingers on the urban flora.

And most of you are in yer pit.

Understandably. Aint even 6am here in Auld Scotia.

Hope you all have a superb friday :yay:

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Good morning and wishing D'Army a fabulous September.

And white rabbits and a pinch and punch and a cake...........

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........Mr JC isn't invited but there are about 20 other people there including his girlfriend.

I see on FB for all the wine o'clock, is it too early for gin, its 5 o'clock in the world somewhere posts. And what is this thing about prosecco???

Actually think I done something to my neck with all this flicking
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My second piece of cake for breakfast. Just had one on Sunbeam's five year thread. I'm going to be all jacked up like a 5 year old on their birthday. You've been busy JC.!

Comment

Evening,
        Gawd if it gets any quieter here we'll be meeting in the stationery cupboard.

Lovely news.......the son and heir's girlfriend has been admitted to roll of Solicitors of England and Wales today. Thrilled for her as she's worked fecking hard...........even better news is she's being kept on by the firm that she did her training in.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Evening,
          Gawd if it gets any quieter here we'll be meeting in the stationery cupboard.

Lovely news.......the son and heir's girlfriend has been admitted to roll of Solicitors of England and Wales today. Thrilled for her as she's worked fecking hard...........even better news is she's being kept on by the firm that she did her training in.
          Evening everyone. Congrats JC, lovely to see the young ones get what they want, even better when they have worked their butt off. It is very quiet, people must be busy. I try and check in every day as it keeps me focused. Too easy to stay away and go back to old ways. Feel so much better now, really don't want to go back, ugh. Lovely catch up at crochet class and about to start a new project so looking forward to that. Night all.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
            Goooooood morning camperooos.

It is September. The beginning of Autumn, Fall, leaves are beginning to turn bonnie shades of red, orange, ruby and ochre. A wee bit cooler, with hints of some fresh northern winds. A gentle darkness draws in on either side of the day. Only a little chance of precipitation. A sweet smell lingers in the still, somewhat misty, morning air. Dew lingers on the urban flora.

And most of you are in yer pit.

Understandably. Aint even 6am here in Auld Scotia.

Hope you all have a superb friday :yay:
            Poetic or WHA??? evening all! heading off to bed achully -- house full of shagging family - my good god - there's a lorra lorra them! only place of peace is bed......
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening,
              Early morning verse.. lovely Mr Arsie, and you with lingering Man flu!
              Glad this week is over, new teachers and new schools..Im trying not to ask 'have you any new friends yet' but it hard! if I could only get more information than, Yes, no, good, all right, I might have a better clue :egad:
              I had that house earlier too Molly.. have yiz no homes to go to!! ah sure at least Im not drinking, the pain of trying to get rid of everyone to pour in the wine was stressful.

Thats very impressive [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. Do you think they will tie the knot one of the days?

What are your working on [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]?
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening folks, all is well, not much news to post, just keeping busy.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Long weekend here in Canada. Labour day. The traffic today was crazy (nearly double) on the aka highroads for the brits or mainstreets here. Gas prices have jumped from about 1$CAD wednesday to 1.25 and are expected to rise to $1.34 over night (liters). This is the time when people are moving heavy mobile home trailers and huge boats guzzling gas for hundreds of kilometers. So thank goodness I'm staying home and staying sober!
                  [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] that cake looks amazing!
                  Last edited by empyr3al; September 1, 2017, 08:09 PM.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Good morning fine citizens of the sober world.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............will they marry more than likely they've been together 11 years. I still remember the son and heir sending me a text saying 'Mam, I think I've got a girlfriend' He'd just turned 18 and she was 17. Before that he'd always thought of girls as just friends.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all. Productive day on the crochet front, finished a mermaid tail for hubbys grand niece. Nothing done in the house but I'm happy and much better reason for doing nothing than being hungover!

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Evening all. Productive day on the crochet front, finished a mermaid tail for hubbys grand niece. Nothing done in the house but I'm happy and much better reason for doing nothing than being hungover!
                        good on you re. the crochet.. wasn't bad at knitting and always enjoyed it as a pastime - but could never grasp crochet -- I'd love to be able to do them big circle thingy's ;-)
                        Nice day had today - big long walk on the beach and coffee and cakes for hours in the sun in a lovely little café that backs onto the beach - really enjoyed it -- after a fairly chaotic family week it was nice just to spend time himself and myself! How's everyone doing?
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'd love to be able to crochet. My Granny was still crocheting in her 90s...........mind you one of my most un-favourite things was a toilet roll cover she crocheted one year as Christmas present for everyone. She was crocheted me a dress when I was about 16ish...........I loved that.

Biggest excitement of the day was getting a new charger for my phone and updating it to unlimited minutes talk time.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'd love to be able to crochet. My Granny was still crocheting in her 90s...........mind you one of my most un-favourite things was a toilet roll cover she crocheted one year as Christmas present for everyone. She was crocheted me a dress when I was about 16ish...........I loved that.

Biggest excitement of the day was getting a new charger for my phone and updating it to unlimited minutes talk time.
                            Talk away JC , nice to have it unlimited. The crochet has become a bit addictive. Love the aspect of learning something new and also the aspect of doing something repetitive which is relaxing. Also there is the social aspect of the classes, we have such a laugh, great ladies, great 😂

Comment

Hello.....
                              Rusto, class sounds brilliant on loads of levels. Id love to know how to crochet too! My thing was sewing back in the day..will get back into it again one day.
                              Good morning fine citizens of the sober world.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............will they marry more than likely they've been together 11 years. I still remember the son and heir sending me a text saying 'Mam, I think I've got a girlfriend' He'd just turned 18 and she was 17. Before that he'd always thought of girls as just friends.
                              11 years! sure no rush

Lovely day for a walk Molls.. Went into the big smoke earlier, still the same..

Night y'all..
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X