Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
    Morning folks, got the all clear TG, feeling so grateful and relieved for that. I do begin to wonder if I have maybe been blessed to have dodged a bullet regarding my overall health given my daily drinking for so many years. Off to work for a few hours, make it a good one whatever your Saturday has in store.
    Good morning everyone. Absolutely thrilled for you Tabs. It's horrible having something like that hanging over you. Nothing major planned for today. Daughter leaving tomorrow so getting stuff done for her. Have a lovely Saturday all.

Comment

Morning... or afternoon now isn't it.

Morning folks, got the all clear TG, feeling so grateful and relieved for that. I do begin to wonder if I have maybe been blessed to have dodged a bullet regarding my overall health given my daily drinking for so many years. Off to work for a few hours, make it a good one whatever your Saturday has in store.
      Great news Tabbers.. I think there are a lot of bullets dodged on these boards.. great not to have that hanging over you.

Enjoy the sorting rusto!
      In the hairdresser. Before, I would be dying here on a Saturday morning, fake smiling, in pain.
      I even got a run in before I got here this morning ... why would we ever want to go back to that world!
      Highlights are still v boring, hungover or not.
      Last edited by IamMary; September 16, 2017, 06:21 AM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

New running shoes here too Arsie. Brooks ghost 9 were the pick of the cheapest bunch.

Good news Ktab!

Big waves to everyone. Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Howdy from beautiful, warm and cosy house. Back a day early as it just bucketed, stotted and pissed down apart from when it wasn't...........We're hardy travellers but at 8am I just couldn't do another day............neither could Mr JC and Bess didn't half look grateful when we started packing.

We were in about 6 miles into the woods from here Welcome to Lauder Scotland

Just had a quick read back glad to see you're well Tabbers, me darling.............more later.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Welcome home [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
            Bloody rain..

Comment

Morning folks, welcome home JC.
              Sober Sunday mornings always cheer me up, I suppose it is still somewhat a relative novelty for me. I awoke a bit groggy/rough this morning and the immediate thought passed through my half awake brain, 'did I drink'? I will be pleased when that thought isn't my default explanation setting, or maybe it always will be?
              Right I am off out to the garden as its a lovely fresh dry morning (for now) and there are, as usual, 100 things to be done.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Welcome back JC, sorry about the rain. I still get that feeling Tabs, it's such a relief when you wake fully and realise it's just a distant memory. Very grey here. Ironing, airport run so plenty to keep me busy.

Comment

Morning lovelinesses and handsome devils,

Luckily we've had the wherewithal to get three breaks away this year............and it has hammered down each time we've been away. Pissed it down so hard in the Yorkshire Dales that even Bess wouldn't go out.So what I'll do for 2018 is give you fare warning of my holiday dates and you can avoid those weeks.

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]...........its a lovely feeling.

Finally our Jenny has got the go ahead for teacher training. Because she was flagged for her past depression and anxiety........every thing went to another department. She took the bull by the horns and rang them on Wednesday. Person in charge was horrified and by Friday first thing had the go ahead to start her first placement/shadowing (I'm not sure of what the hell its called) tomorrow.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning.. wet and grey. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], have you taken a sneaky trip over here!?

Morning folks, welcome home JC.
                    Sober Sunday mornings always cheer me up, I suppose it is still somewhat a relative novelty for me. I awoke a bit groggy/rough this morning and the immediate thought passed through my half awake brain, 'did I drink'? I will be pleased when that thought isn't my default explanation setting, or maybe it always will be?
                    Right I am off out to the garden as its a lovely fresh dry morning (for now) and there are, as usual, 100 things to be done.
                    I still feel it Tabbers, 2 years plus on.. hope it never goes away. I had a drinking dream the other night, haven't had one of those for a while.. im away next weekend with a group I don't know most of them, there will be dinner and booze. I'm trying not to think about it.. haven't had to have a 'plan' for a while. Am a bit worried - Not that I'll drink, but the pressure that comes with these things.

Traffic might be nuts today [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Big match!

Comment

Well done Jenny!! Delighted to hear that. :happy2:

Comment

Evening.
                        Yep.........waking up sober is a feeling I'll never tire of.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........Mr JC's a map person. If in doubt of a present buy a map book ..........and he loves Roman roads and plaques. The more plaques the better in fact I should start making plaques for the rooms in our house..............eg: Living room: Used since 1987. Last decorated 2015. Carpets supplied by Karpet Mill......keep him quiet for ages.

One of Mr JC's aged Aunts (93) has broken her leg...........fell creosoting the back garden fence the other day. Not too well at the moment and most of that is because she's frustrated at not being able to get up and about.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi all
                          Thats good news KTAB,
                          JC sad to hear about Mr JC aunt, hope she gets well soon,
                          Night time here and it getting darker in the evening now in the UK. The winter blues, I don't like. College will keep my brain busy 😊
                          Good night all or morning all
                          Xcatch22X
                          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Morning, after a week in the caravan I'm enjoying the space of my lovely home. Bit chilly so I may just put the heating on

YouTube

A day to myself which involves a few chores, dying my hair.........my grey roots can be seen from the moon, bit of bimbling, pootling and general faffing about...............bliss.

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION].........well done on getting out to college.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon from a scorching Rethmyno been parasailing this morn and going exploring caves on jetskis this afternoon - worn out I am!! Oh and JC I gave in to grey roots that I've had since I was 19 - cropped and grey and positively LIBERATED! Loving it!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Afternoon from a scorching Rethmyno been parasailing this morn and going exploring caves on jetskis this afternoon - worn out I am!! Oh and JC I gave in to grey roots that I've had since I was 19 - cropped and grey and positively LIBERATED! Loving it!
                                I'm jealous Molly, also about the hair. I keep threatening to do it but daughters keep saying I'm crazy I'll look too old. Hmmm something to think about. Well done to Jenny, JC. What are you studying Catch? Do you still feel you need a plan Mary? Jeez I'm all questions this evening. Better go and feed myself. Wave to everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X