X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Evening,
    :hug: for Molls.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............they like a tipple now and again and I'm sure they'll have overdone it at times. I'm not sure but they were all brought up during the depression luckily with father's in work but on a pittance, during the war with rationing and didn't go crackers when that stopped. One thing that stands out is they've always had hobbies outside of work so when they retired they were almost as busy as when they were in work. Although my Ma in Law would say its all the medication she takes.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome here :heartbeat:
      Mollyka am a good catcher BTW 😆
      So sorry to hear that someone from mwo, sent you a nasty pm, I don't understand why someone would do that am glad that your strong & that you have share this, I do believe it helps to share things like that and not keep it in the head. We all know about the heading thinking. Keep close to us you hAve good friends here and am one of them.

As I posted on the other thread i don't know everyones name yet, but hope your all doing well.
      Am out early tomorrow taking the grandkids to see the Sherk Adventure tour, and after of to the Rainforest Restaurant, looking forward to this 😊 am a big kid at heart ♡

X catch22 X
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
        Thank you all for the warm welcome here :heartbeat:
        Mollyka am a good catcher BTW ��
        So sorry to hear that someone from mwo, sent you a nasty pm, I don't understand why someone would do that am glad that your strong & that you have share this, I do believe it helps to share things like that and not keep it in the head. We all know about the heading thinking. Keep close to us you hAve good friends here and am one of them.

As I posted on the other thread i don't know everyones name yet, but hope your all doing well.
        Am out early tomorrow taking the grandkids to see the Sherk Adventure tour, and after of to the Rainforest Restaurant, looking forward to this �� am a big kid at heart ♡

X catch22 X
        It was a while ago - but I used to open up here as my safe place - but so be it - admin deleted all my past posts for me so no history thankfully
        Right off to work - last day for WEEKS!!! Happy days!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning folks, welcome to the army Catch.
          I love the mermaids tail, want one now. It would be great, I can just picture it on me seated on the sofa in front of the tv "DW put the kettle on, I can't move" "DW fetch me my book from upstairs, I can't move" teehee get the picture, btw I would not get away with that....
          Molly I often wish I could erase some of my history, drunken history that is but sure the past is the past and thats where it belongs.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Afternoon/Evening folks (what is 5.30pm?!)

Glad yer feeling a bit better Molls - and sorry that this ain't yer 'safe place' to open up. But totally understand. Your day on Sat sounded just perfect. Cakes, warmth, relaxation... I'll have some of that, merci ... also Tabbers tucked in his bed on a rainy sunday morning.

Hey Catch - good to see you here. I'm only just back on mwo myself after being away for... props too long... and the folks here and elsewhere have been like ol' souls welcoming back a lost friend.

That mermaid looked... dodgy, JC...

Back to school today, plus a visit to the dentist - all fine, for the next 6 months at least... *phew*

Off to stuff lasagne doon me mug, and then prep YAWN....

Hello to everyone else

Comment

Hi everyone. Internet has been acting up last few days so have not been able to post. :welcome: Catch. Thanks for posting photo JC. I did the mini version of that. Where do you get all the fab photos? Know how to get on phone but not on mwo. Just in from work so need to get the dinner on, back in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                Morning folks, welcome to the army Catch.
                I love the mermaids tail, want one now. It would be great, I can just picture it on me seated on the sofa in front of the tv "DW put the kettle on, I can't move" "DW fetch me my book from upstairs, I can't move" teehee get the picture, btw I would not get away with that....
                Molly I often wish I could erase some of my history, drunken history that is but sure the past is the past and thats where it belongs.
                HAHA --- dream on re. DW and the tail hahaha!!! god yeah - wouldn't it be lovely if it was as easy as emailing admin about our murky past --- but maybe that's what keeps us sober... that's not us now Tabbers and that's all that counts... RIGHT!!!!!??

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
                Afternoon/Evening folks (what is 5.30pm?!)

Glad yer feeling a bit better Molls - and sorry that this ain't yer 'safe place' to open up. But totally understand. Your day on Sat sounded just perfect. Cakes, warmth, relaxation... I'll have some of that, merci ... also Tabbers tucked in his bed on a rainy sunday morning.

Hey Catch - good to see you here. I'm only just back on mwo myself after being away for... props too long... and the folks here and elsewhere have been like ol' souls welcoming back a lost friend.

That mermaid looked... dodgy, JC...

Back to school today, plus a visit to the dentist - all fine, for the next 6 months at least... *phew*

Off to stuff lasagne doon me mug, and then prep YAWN....

Hello to everyone else
                Howdy Arsey -- was wondering where that pert little behind had got itself to:welldone:
                It is/was naïve to believe anywhere is 'safe' - I never encountered it but I believe even in AA you can get the odd nasty piece of work... they're everywhere really -I just try and concentrate on the 99% of people who are basically good

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Hi everyone. Internet has been acting up last few days so have not been able to post. :welcome: Catch. Thanks for posting photo JC. I did the mini version of that. Where do you get all the fab photos? Know how to get on phone but not on mwo. Just in from work so need to get the dinner on, back in a bit.
                Not long in myself Rusty - dog tired this evening - sore feet and all -- think it was the hot day -

Comment

MOAN ALERT!!!

Mind that man flu i was whining about... well it went away :yay:

Now, I dunno about other countries but here in auld scotia there's a thing they're trying to get all primary schools to do, called "the daily mile"... dead simple really, get the kids out running - or walking - for 15 minutes each day (not as part of their break/lunch... we have loads kids who run relentlessly at break, but others too who sit on their podgy wee behinds chomping into crisps and a couple o choice bars... an hour before lunch). So, like, I is a fan of this daily mile thing. generally.

Only today the weather was a little... wet.

1.jpg

And I got cold.
                  And a bitty wet.

And now my sinuses and the front of my head is sore...

Meanwhile, prep pretty much done... and so now to netflix.
                  Last edited by RunningCourage; September 4, 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

ach poor aul Arsey!!!! wot about all the mammies of the chubby kids who are gonna sue the school for exposing their little darlings to all that wind and rain!!
                    get yerself all cuddled up with yer duvet and hot chocolate and bob'll be d'uncle ;-)
                    I was over your neck of the woods you know back in May/June (not sure where is your neck but we woz in Scotland)

Comment

Evening,
                      D'Arsey..........I haven't a clue what's going on in the UK education system these days..........tbh I switched off when my two left sixth form which apparently was not sixth form but year 13.

I surprised any living being can leave the house without a risk assessment and a plan of activities.............no longer can we say we're just nipping out for a bit.

Rustley, I just get images from google.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        ach poor aul Arsey!!!! wot about all the mammies of the chubby kids who are gonna sue the school for exposing their little darlings to all that wind and rain!!
                        get yerself all cuddled up with yer duvet and hot chocolate and bob'll be d'uncle ;-)
                        I was over your neck of the woods you know back in May/June (not sure where is your neck but we woz in Scotland)
                        Tea and toast is the order of the evening, definitely )

My neck of the woods is near Glasgow - currently live in the "delights" of Dumbarton. Can see ol' Ben Lomond from my living room windae.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Evening,
                        D'Arsey..........I haven't a clue what's going on in the UK education system these days..........tbh I switched off when my two left sixth form which apparently was not sixth form but year 13.

I surprised any living being can leave the house without a risk assessment and a plan of activities.............no longer can we say we're just nipping out for a bit.
                        True, true - risk assessment is a pain the bum, and the fear of litigation a pain in the heid. So we cover our bums to alleviate any hied-banging from over concerned folks. Which, thankfully are in the minority, only they are the loudest....

Off to wash my dirty dishes (bet you really wanted to know that) and coorie in for the night.

Oh, and [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] , just read your thread. Brilliant. I doff my cap and say thank you - simply quite inspiring.
                        Last edited by RunningCourage; September 4, 2017, 03:07 PM. Reason: conny spel

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............they like a tipple now and again and I'm sure they'll have overdone it at times. I'm not sure but they were all brought up during the depression luckily with father's in work but on a pittance, during the war with rationing and didn't go crackers when that stopped. One thing that stands out is they've always had hobbies outside of work so when they retired they were almost as busy as when they were in work. Although my Ma in Law would say its all the medication she takes.
                          Definitely hobbies makes a big difference. A reason to get up. And being needed I think is huge (this is selfish for me as they mind my kids for 2 hours 1 afternoon, but I know its important for them, its the thing they do once a week).

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
                          Now, I dunno about other countries but here in auld scotia there's a thing they're trying to get all primary schools to do, called "the daily mile"... dead simple really, get the kids out running - or walking - for 15 minutes each day (not as part of their break/lunch... we have loads kids who run relentlessly at break, but others too who sit on their podgy wee behinds chomping into crisps and a couple o choice bars... an hour before lunch). So, like, I is a fan of this daily mile thing. generally.
                          We started that last year.. they ran a marathon in total, last km is a race with other schools. Very successful, kids were delighted. No crisps of chocy bars allowed over here either.. Theres all sorts of other incentives around eating more fruit and veg - don't know how the teachers get time to teach! Geography on the run, History munching carrots. All positive though so Im not knocking it.

better hit the hay.. Tabbers is probably dreaming about growing a fish tail already.

Night night.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi floks,,, hope all is well:heartbeat:
                            RC, welcome back, I need to book a dentist appointment keep holding it back.
                            Molly, glad to hear that was old post and it got all sorted out for you.
                            Rustop59, hope you enjoy your dinner and the Internet is working, am not to good at downloading photos ,myself

Xcatch22X
                            Anyone, I have missed out hope all well, am of to sleep again will post later.
                            Yesterday had a great day with the grandkids took them to Sherk Adventure Tour, and Rainforest Restaurant afterwards, we all enjoy every minute of it, am grateful that I can do this, because if I was drinking there would be no way.
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Morning catchy. I was just thinking the same thing... woke up an hour early and couldn't sleep (pulled something in my back.. moan moan). Make a double batch of brown scones for the lunches. No way I'd have done this with a crusty head on me.

We should have of of those.. things we couldn't do back in the drinking days thread/day

Right.. off to wake up this house...
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning early birds - off to get my hair chopped this morn - Christ it's wet out!

Comment

Working...
                                X