Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

I know looking back on old post can be a bad idea for some, but I can see how ill I was when I was drinking. How much I have changed and got strong in myself.
    The other day I looked at my Serenity Journal and all the things I wanted to change I was powerless over people, things, and places. But blow me things do happen in there own time my son accepted my partner after 5yrs..but I learn not in my time, but in his time. But accepted this may never happen as well xx

Got to say KTAB I pour out a drink in a cup the other day but the cup was upside down 😨 I was tired
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Oh I think we were near you Arsey - we stayed in Balloch the day we arrived - think that was near Dumbarton? Never made it to Glasgow went up all around the highlands - what an amazing little country! Enjoy the marathon Whizzy.
      We're off on holliers tomorrow but will have internet on my phone so should be able to keep in touch - need a break tbh ;-) talk in the morning afore the off x
      Aha! Yup, Balloch is 5miles up the road from Dumbarton... indeed, Balloch is where I teach! Mind you gimme a buzz next time yer over this way, y'hear?! Good.

Late, tired check in... from school to "collegiate" (school staff meeting after school) to Uni to the singing group i'm in. Got in not long back, fed Molly cat, now to bed. Was having those semi-philosophical-tired thoughts earlier about how the way we think affects how we perceive the world and the way we interact with it... but to knackeroooed to try and write anything that might make any sense about it... so... yup... here it comes.... z.....z......

zzzzzzzzzzz.....

Comment

Another tired camper checking in. Had a busy day so ready for the leaba. Night everyone.

Comment

Night all, zonked too..

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
          I know looking back on old post can be a bad idea for some, but I can see how ill I was when I was drinking. How much I have changed and got strong in myself.
          I never want to forget how I felt Catchy, I might think Im cured

Have a ball on holliers no@Molly..:smiles:
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning,
            I'm going to have to zooooooooooom. Mr JC into work early so I've got to walk to the train. Its miles well not miles about 15 mins walk .
            See yous inabit.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Nothing much planned for today. Walk the doggies, food shopping etc. Will be out all day tomorrow with my daughter so trying to get organised for the weekend. Have a lovely day.

Comment

Morning Folkes,,,,Sounds like we all got a normal day, never thought I here myself say normal :happy2:
                Am going to try really hard and get to the gym today, been so lazy. I really need to do some kind of workout always help the head, not cured yet ;-)

Keep safe all x
                Xcatch22X
                Last edited by catch22; September 7, 2017, 05:44 AM.
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Afternoon all from a beooootiful Rethmyno - swimming reading walking eating all day just back from the beach and gonna relax for a while before heading out for dinner - tough life! ;-) 2 hours ahead of yiz here - internet poxy so could be intermittent - will be your way (And tonys - come back Tony!!!) Next May so watch out arsey !!!!
                  Last edited by mollyka; September 7, 2017, 10:08 AM.
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Afternoon all from a beooootiful Rethmyno - swimming reading walking eating all day just back from the beach and gonna relax for a while before heading out for dinner - tough life! ;-) 2 hours ahead of yiz here - internet poxy so could be intermittent - will be your way (And tonys - come back Tony!!!) Next May so watch out arsey !!!!
                    I will have my binoculars out and be searching riding over the hills for you, Molls! Your holibags is making me wish I'd made more of my summer hols, sounds lovely

Quick pop in while dinner heats up, back in a bit.

Comment

Hello hello..
                      tough life Molly! Normal day here too, work eat, sleep. Fierce boring so I am.
                      Where's Tony???
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

evening troops,

hope youse are all having a lovely thursday evening. not much to report this end. still musing and thinking about thoughts and how thoughts are supposedly only thoughts and not actual reality as is set before us... yet how these thoughts (that I have) can make us act (or not) in ways that aren't probably in our best interests. I'm quite sure we all experience it daily to some degree... the "i'm not good enough" thoughts, or thoughts that become reasons for not doing something that we otherwise would (if we were younger, braver, less self-conscious etc).

I've been trying some (very ad-hoc) meditation in the mornings to see if I can help cease useless/negative thoughts, and to try and have myself be more conscious of reactions/feelings during the day. Dunno if it helps, yet... But i kinda like it. The bugger is, with trying to stop negative/illogical/unreasoned thoughts, well, it's really hard! And sometimes it seems easier to just continue with the internal narrative status quo.

I'm not sure, but I think one of the many reasons I'd drink, and usually towards drunkenness, was to escape the narrative, or at least make the narrative not so raw feeling. It became an elixir to the thunder and war of thoughts and words in my head, all talking to me.

Dunno if that makes sense. Just thought I'd write a bit more than "yo troops, how you doin?!"

Over and out, sleep well

Comment

Evening or is it bedtime.
                          [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]..........ahh the mind chatter and then it get louder and louder and LOUDER and LOUDER.....time comes when you recgonise them as just that...we can act on them or stomp on them..........and with time it gets easier to stomp.....I've got a hypnosis/relaxation downloaded on an old phone that comes in very handy at times. Although when I first started listening to it I was still being a stubborn as all get out and got nothing out of them............it wasn't until I really listened and went with the flow it got so much better.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks, late check in.
                            RC personally I have found meditation/mindfulness & yoga paramount in helping this quit stick, especially in the early weeks. I suppose the introspection and actually stopping to see how I, yes ME, was actually really feeling was a revelation to me. It is the complete opposite of hiding from my emotions and picking up a drink as an excuse any excuse to escape reality, be it when angry or sad, happy or celebrating. All that did was very quickly take any focus away from what was really going on inside. Years and years of this daily drinking left me less and less able to deal with emotions, anxiety, stress and anything else that required I sit down and take a long look at myself and my behaviour, it became progressively worse and I didn't even realise. But I am learning, learning it is ok to feel angry, ok to feel sad, ok to feel off some days, that's life. It is how we cope with it that is the important thing. If I ever picked up a drink I know my new found insight and the practices that I enjoy now would very quickly be dropped for the two are totally incompatible.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Gonna have to try some of this meditation/mindfulness stuff. The monkey chatter pops up now and again. Sometimes I think it's Ok to have one or two drinks, and I'll be fine, but I know it's not.

Comment

Hope you all have a safe weekend & enjoy, bit late today am off to cook some bbq spare Ribs with mush.... yummy.

Xcatch22X

Comment

Working...
                                X