Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Afternoon from a scorching Rethmyno been parasailing this morn and going exploring caves on jetskis this afternoon - worn out I am!! Oh and JC I gave in to grey roots that I've had since I was 19 - cropped and grey and positively LIBERATED! Loving it!
    Nooooooooooooo I'm not ready....for the grey or a jetski. I'm also growing it so I can have a sophisticated French pleat for Jenny's wedding...........mind you they're taking so long to decide on a date it coud be floor length by then.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......forgot about [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] weekend away.............shall we join her.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello hello..
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      ..Mr JC's a map person. If in doubt of a present buy a map book ..........and he loves Roman roads and plaques. The more plaques the better in fact I should start making plaques for the rooms in our house..............eg: Living room: Used since 1987. Last decorated 2015. Carpets supplied by Karpet Mill......keep him quiet for ages.
      :harhar: that cracked me up! I think I could use this...

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      I'm jealous Molly, also about the hair. I keep threatening to do it but daughters keep saying I'm crazy I'll look too old. Hmmm something to think about. Well done to Jenny, JC. What are you studying Catch? Do you still feel you need a plan Mary? Jeez I'm all questions this evening. Better go and feed myself. Wave to everyone else.
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......forgot about [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] weekend away.............shall we join her.
      Yes Rusto I am walking through this in my head.. its never as bad as I build it up to be, but I need to have my rehearsals done in my head.. There's always that worry I'll have a 'f**k it' moment..
      Yes please join me!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Waves to Catchy and Molly too..
        Shockin late... night all X

Comment

Good morning lovelinesses on recycling day around these parts.
          Here's another thing I'll never tire of.................waiting 'til Mr JC has departed to work and I've rushed out with my dressing gown pockets full of my hidden empty bottles, putting them in the recycling bin and praying the buggers would be early............its not funny but its making me smile but there were a couple of times they didn't turn up and I've had to race outside and pull the same bottles out and re-hide them.

Now I can give the bin-men........ or is it bin-persons or bin operatives....... a little wave and a smile.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello army folk - hope all is good - will be heading home tomorrow night so sad - would never have dared put the empties in the bin - always carried with me in the car and deposited elsewhere !
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello everyone. Hope all ok. Just in from work so need to get fed. Off early tomorrow morning with two friends for little jaunt so need to get organised.

Comment

Evening troops

Quick fly-by to sees how yis are. Good news here is that I am now half way way through the week - for we has a Friday OFF ) AND a Monday TOO :yay:

...Teachers don't half get excited about upcoming holidays. Kinda like Christmas. In fact probably better cos it's cheaper... and perhaps less stressful.

Been teaching all over the school so far this week - teaching P1 (5yr olds) this morning :egad: , P7's most of yesterday, P3's before lunch and P5's after. ... for some reason they are having me cover all the odd numbers... There are a few jobs that have popped up in the nearby local authority - some schools as close, as the ones I teach at - which are offering full time permanent positions - and likely with my own class.... It's tempting to go for them, but then was thinking that as much as it's always preferred to have yer own class, currently I am in a position where I don;t have all the additional baggage that comes with running yer own class (admin / tests / additional prep and marking)... so maybe stay with what I'm doing and finish my Masters this year first? Dunno, cos having yer own class, despite the extra work, feels more purposeful than what I is doing now.

As ever just thinking out loud.

Need to hit the hay with a pillow and a duvet and some 34 winks...

Take care folks )
                Last edited by RunningCourage; September 19, 2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Jenny's had 2 days of shadowing and teaching...........first impressions..........loves it, loves the kids especially the ones who need a bit more time to grasp things and she's exhausted.............they have a school reading dog..........How dogs could make children better readers | The Independent. When he's not busy he spends a lot of time snoring in the corridors.

Found the Series 3 of Gotham on Netflix...........just watched the series 2 last episode to get into the groove again and I doubt I'll sleep tonight.

Remember tomorrow we'll have to have the cocoa ready, the fire stoked up and a big warm cardy for our Molls return.

Nighty night.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello all,
                    Great hearing all the teacher stories from Arsie and Jenny.. I love when my kids get a teacher who is just so into it. Never heard of a reading dog, very interesting..

My empties, the ones I hid, were buried into the middle of a full black rubbish bag and I would usually spend a great deal of time wrapping the bottles in old newspaper so they wouldn't clink with the other bottles. Others, that wouldnt fit, I would do the drive of shame to a bottle bank, shitting myself in case someone would see me. I would alter my bottle banks, just like I would alter my wine purchasing. It was an awful lot of effort :nutso:

Comment

Morning! Last day - leaving here 9.40 tonight -there was a great thread some time ago bout bottle disposal - some very ingenious - I was in aftercare with a bloke who wore flares LONG after they went out of fashion so he could hide a naggin in his sock

Comment

We could have ruled the world if we put the same time and energy into that:happy2:
                        Last edited by mollyka; September 20, 2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Morning,
                          Is that 9:40 their time or our time? Anyway safe and comfy flight.

Going to Nandos for the very first time tonight. Its one of the AAers 50th birthday (not his AA birthday) and I got invited. I help him set up the room on a Thursday morning and he's just a sweetheart. I was so chuffed he asked me..........one of those days it made me feel like I belong at this new place.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahh that's lovely! And so is nandos as long as you like chicken;-) 9.40 Greek time - 2 hours ahead of Irish time - speaking of which NO ONE here sees any difference tween Ireland and the UK - feel rather insignificant -will be home early hours tomorrow

Comment

Ahh that's lovely! And so is nandos as long as you like chicken;-) 9.40 Greek time - 2 hours ahead of Irish time - speaking of which NO ONE here sees any difference tween Ireland and the UK - feel rather insignificant -will be home early hours tomorrow
                              Molls on holiday I've been mistaken for Welsh, Scottish and Irish........rarely a Geordie as I don't sound like Ant or Dec and don't walk around with a bottle of Newcastle Brown in one hand and a Capstan extra strength ciggie in the other.

Funny thing is the only thing on Nando's menu that caught my eye was the veggie burger.

Better get my glad rags on.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks - it's Wednesday meaning, I'm back out to the singing group tonight, when I'd rather put in me jimjams and SLOUCH like a SLOTH, slowly lulling myself to SLEEP. But... I give myself a reason to go (i.e. it's good for me, no matter how knackered i may be, just need to keep telling myself that).

Anyway, Molls - your post reminded me of when I lived in Sri Lanka... all of 20 years ago now. I went just after the death of Diana and everyone there said (shan't do the accent) "You from Diana Country!" I tried to explain Scotland was a DIFFERENT country. They didn't get it. Nope, Scotland was England was Britain was the UK. All one and the same.

Smashed any plates Molls while you been doing Greek dining?!
                                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - great to hear about Jenny and her experiences. Reminds of when I first went into classes to assist only a few years back. Teaching can be stressful but what i have found is how, on the whole, teachers are so supportive of new/student teachers, there's not the patronisation on newbies that can be found in other jobs. It does help when you have a team around you that you can call upon for support. Made my first couple of years all the easier.

Back laters folks...
                                Last edited by RunningCourage; September 20, 2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X