Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-September 2017

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
    Remind me again, exactly what downsides are there to stopping drinking?
    Errrrrrrrrrrm let me think.............none.

You should keep a dream diary.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Army -- what's the craic? bit tired after first day back at work -- nice normality tho - ya know??!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening, not a lot of craic here apart from it being unbelievably warm. I've just looked round and although I feel like I've been busy all day....feck all has been done.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Evening Army -- what's the craic? bit tired after first day back at work -- nice normality tho - ya know??!!
          Just in myself. Had to get the eyebrows done after work as the girl is getting married and will be closed for a month. Would have a uni brow after that length of time so went in even though they could have lasted another week or two. Hope all ok with you Satz. Well done Mary, people don't care really whether you drink or not it's all in our mind. You should be so proud of yourself. Must get a bit of dinner, starving!.

Comment

Evening..
            Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            Morning all! Forget bout young satz worrying bout not sleeping - years down the road and awake all shagging night!!!! Bollix!! Could sleep for Ireland now and have to get up for work Ffs!!!
            Ah Molly, I HATE that, I feel cheated! you should have done a few batches of ginger bread, like our [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! who has just given me a goo for cornflakes.

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
            ..people don't care really whether you drink or not it's all in our mind..
            They really dont, do they? The only ones that have any bit of a problem with it are maybe battling with their own thoughts..

Any word on Satz anyone?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning!

Comment

Morning here [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] & all, am going back to sleep! The weather looks nice the sun is out, not sure for how long !!😊
                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Morning, morning, morning.
                  The hoover is out and sitting in the middle of the living room..............that means some house work will be done between now and bedtime.

Jenny survived her first week shadowing and this week on some kind of bonding and identifying or something like that course..........9am-1pm.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hey again - just got rid of himself - off to pick up a van in Magherafelt apparently -- so peace on earth (well 2 hours in the house anyway ;-) )
                    good question asked in another venue --- what do we do about 'boredom' when we quit the grog? just gave me a bit of thought - initially I s'pose I took to online shopping a bit - had to watch that it could have gone out of control - so not a good substitute - bit of online poker --- never any fear of getting out of control but ---- also not a good substitute -- - I think the 'immediate' hit of alcohol is very hard to replace as mostly feeling occupied and inner peacefulness takes time - it's more a state of mind than 'doing' things imo - hence why (again imo) the likes of golf or exercise (to extreme - not ordinary out and about exercise -- that's obviously good) isn't a good 'replacement' cos they are just 'doing' things as opposed to 'feeling' things...

oh don't mind me I'm only ruminating

my long term 'go to' thing when I'm bored is 100% reading - I would be lost without it -- is it escapism -- mebbe..... does the job for me tho

Comment

Boredom was a real problem. I know what you mean about allowing yourself to feel the feelings. I replaced alcohol with running which gave me a "high" I did a lot of good thinking whilst out on the run, it also tired me out enough to sleep. I did a lot of yoga type stuff when I was in the throes of temptation but perhaps the best was the relaxation techniques. I love the sleep pattern I have now, As Tabbers said what were the positives about Alcohol?
                      Hope young Satz is OK
                      Off to the pictures to see The Zookeepers Wife--Pensioners rates!

Comment

Afternoon Army

Young Satz is on day 3 - and appears ok. I want a decisive plan from him as to how he intends to move forward. There is no more room for empty promises.

He has a fair hike to work - a mile walk - then 2 trains - but if that's the only consequence of this last relapse - he's doing well.
                        Yes boredom was the word I used when asked why I drank.

I asked young Satz what led to his most recent drinking bout and he said "a kind of boredom" ..............

Comment

Sounds positive news Satz.

Comment

I can remember (before the treatment centre - before I knew how serious alcoholism was - before I accepted that I WAS that bad.... before ALL of that....) thinking how boring life would be without booze, without my boozing friends - the pubs the parties the boozy holidays -- I mean seriously --- BORED?? that was the best I could come up with when I had the choice of suffering a life threatening disease or not.... holy fuck - until we realise what it is we are doing... we may have a bit of sleeplessness and boredom -- Christ.

Comment

This was me, too, Molly. Thanks for this post!:goodjob:
                              I can remember (before the treatment centre - before I knew how serious alcoholism was - before I accepted that I WAS that bad.... before ALL of that....) thinking how boring life would be without booze, without my boozing friends - the pubs the parties the boozy holidays -- I mean seriously --- BORED?? that was the best I could come up with when I had the choice of suffering a life threatening disease or not.... holy fuck - until we realise what it is we are doing... we may have a bit of sleeplessness and boredom -- Christ.
                              Hi lovely Army Friends!

Comment

Howdy rusty - haven't talked for ages - how's you??

Comment

Working...
                                X