One Step at a Time - October 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2017

Have fun. Trying to get my new computer set up and can't remember my password for here. So I'm on my phone.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Stepping Friends!

Busy here and I am off to take care of my Mom. She needs help with lots of chores.

Liz:heartbeat:have a wonderful time!! Glad to see the new job is working out. You are NOT an old dog. I've seen pictures of you, sexy, sassy and smart! The story of your dad made me so sad. I am in your corner, and I can so relate.

Glassie:heartbeat:
      Rusty - you made me cry too! What a beautiful thing for your mother to say. I hope that in hearing that you can now finally throw away any negative feelings about anything that happened years ago. I have this lovely visualisation I use sometimes which is that I’m swimming in the ocean and my feet are horribly tangled up in seaweed that’s dragging me down. And then I just manage to kick it away so it sinks to the bottom and I float to the surface. I hope you can do that with any bad memories. You've earned the right to rise to the surface!
      Thank you for your kind words. They mean so much to me. They were a HUGE comfort to me. Your trip to Africa will be here in no time. So excited for you. So sad to hear about the young man stealing meds. I can't imagine the desperation he felt.

Nora-how are you doing? Do you like your new computer?

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]-please check in. We are worried about you.

Pauly-I hope you're OK. We're here for you.

Big hellos to [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=15072]ToMyHealth[/MENTION], [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], and anyone I missed. Happy sober Saturday!!!!
      Last edited by Rusty; October 28, 2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Safe travels Liz big hellos to everyone else
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly! :-) Typibg From my phone...how are you????

Comment

Morning all, made it through a halloween party, whre all that was offered to drink was AL, 2 kegs, wine, Fireball and jello shots, good lord, I felt like I was back in college. I brought a couple bottles of AF beer with me to walk around.
            Rain, sleet and snow here this morning, winter's coming.
            Hi to all, Hope everyone's well.

Comment

Happy Birthday and enjoy your holiday Liz!
              Last edited by abcowboy; October 28, 2017, 06:49 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Howdy ho Steppers, I haven’t been around the various threads much during harvest, but now that harvest is done, I hope to stop in a bit more often! From reading a bit, it sounds like things are going good for most of you, taking life’s ups and downs one day at a time, just the way it’s meant to be. We’re on this journey together so lit’s git’er done eh!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all - great to see the posts. I'll be back tomorrow. Having a rough day. We stopped Mom's Gabapentin - thought it might be drugging her up too much. Well - it is drugging her but she needs it. Had an episode today - thinking people were here, fretting about where the kids are, her parents. Started her back on the med and hope she'll be better by tomorrow. Hubby & I fell asleep last night when Mom got up to go to the restroom. I turned the monitor off when she got up but fell asleep before I turned it back on. Hubby found her sitting out in the living room at 4:30 this morning. :sad: She was happy as could be but a little cold. We don't know if she had been up since midnight when she went to the restroom or what.
                  So, I'll catch up with everyone later when things are a little calmer.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

happy birthday, liz!!!!!!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mr V - more tomorrow but just had to give you a great big CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE. :hug:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, All,

Nora-sending huge hugs your way...please email me if you need more support. When my grandma lived with us while I was in high school, she would get disoriented and walk into my room at night...scaring the daylights out of me. Sucks to get old.

Mr V...how many days AF do you have now as I see congratulations are in order. BRAVO!!!

Hi to everyone else...I am at the airport and on my way to Salt Lake City...only there til Tuesday night.

Comment

Happy Monday/Tuesday. I hope that everyone found a reason to smile.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Halloween Steppers!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Friends,

We have a number of people in cool costumes here at work...I am just wearing a fun but professional Halloween scarf. No costume for me. Ooohhh...but do I ever love Halloween candy. :-) Plenty of that around here and I'm flying home in a couple of hours.

Pauly-great to see you back.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Comment

Just a quick Helloy to all you Steppers,
                                Been very busy so sorry I have not checked in. Find out today I passed my first half of my exam test in bookkeeping 😊 the next 6 weeks will be intensed now doing the other half will be hard, a lot of studying with bookkeeping & computerised accounts together.
                                Had my cyst remove which was fatty tissue but they need to check to make sure all is clear. Ended up having five stitches instead of two. It healed up nicely.
                                I went to Winchester last weekend to see my cousin's with my fiance, had a lovely break & a great time.
                                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] enjoy your flight home, I have a tin of sweets always for the grandkids, but I go into them now and then. :hug:
                                HapPy belated BiRtHaY [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] xx
                                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] Hope things are more calmer :hug: I remember once when my dad went wondering of at midnight walking the streets my brother was staying with my dad at the time. We had a search party out on him. I can remember him being cold. It so sad when they get old.
                                Thinking of you ALL the time Steppers :heartbeat:
                                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                                X