X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Army Against Alcohol - October 2017

Ha - Did it!!!

Welcome one and all to the Army!!

White rabbits and all that - have a great October!!!!!!!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol - October 2017

Hello Stirly, how nice to see you here in Oct., it feels like ages since we chatted.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

didn't KNOW it was October -- IS IT???
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

okay -- it is ;-)

Morning Stirly and Tabbers again

what do you think made the difference this time Tabbers? Is it just 'your time'??

Comment

Oh no..............you started the thread............stamps little feet and flings self on floor in dramatic manner

Actually first up washed or unwashed on the first of the month should do it.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

don't think I've ever done it in the new format -- achully -- don't think I ever know it's a new month -- morning Jackieclaire

Comment

Morning JC

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              okay -- it is ;-)

Morning Stirly and Tabbers again

what do you think made the difference this time Tabbers? Is it just 'your time'??
              I suppose the realisation that my health was beginning to suffer and it was only going to get worse. I just got tired of being sick and tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                Morning JC

I suppose the realisation that my health was beginning to suffer and it was only going to get worse. I just got tired of being sick and tired.
                god yeah -- well I'm a hypochondriac so the health aspect was big to me -- tho I have to say - once I got the all clear on the liver initially I went on an aul bender.... still -- nowadays it's lovely to know that a headache - or a rash - or an itch - are JUST that -- headaches rashes or itches -- been MAD with the itch since hols -- so good to know that it's just my suntan fading!!!!!

Comment

I just got tired of being sick and tired.
                  Mornin' Jackie!! - We'd still like a white rabbit picture tho' for the thread...

KTAB - that's exactly what Jackie said to me way back in 2009 when I asked her what was it that made her quit.

As for my friend with almost 9 years sober - he was admitted to hospital for 10 days for detox, then he has psychological counselling as well for a short time and was also on anti-d's for a while. However, as KTAB said - he was really afraid for his health. He had quit many times in the past but always succumbed again. This time was different - he was determinted to stay sober and has done a brilliant job of it in spite of his personal relationship with his partner being somewhat toxic to say the least, he never even considers a drink. And he has no support group like AA or anything, no forum like this one - just sheer determination which I think is a basic necessity we all need to stay sober. That and finally deciding that AL simply has no place in our lives. Once that decision is made, IMVHO, things are so much easier to deal with. It's like we've closed a door that we have no intention of opening again.
                  He congratulated me a few months ago on my being sober and my answer was this - staying sober is not the hard part, making the decision to get sober was what always tripped me up. I always had 10 excuses why I could put it off for another day or week or month. Once the decision is made, it takes a huge burden off of us - it's very liberating to say - "I don't drink" and know inside what that means to us and to our health - both physically and mentally.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

A man!!! an understanding man!!! A loving man!! Just read the back end of Septembers thread. :heartbeat:
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross post there, Stirls. Found a white rabbit............

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                        Mornin' Jackie!! - We'd still like a white rabbit picture tho' for the thread...

KTAB - that's exactly what Jackie said to me way back in 2009 when I asked her what was it that made her quit.
                        I must be on the right track so.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        A man!!! an understanding man!!! A loving man!! Just read the back end of Septembers thread. :heartbeat:
                        Scratches head and looks in mirror, who me?

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                          finally deciding that AL simply has no place in our lives. Once that decision is made, IMVHO, things are so much easier to deal with. It's like we've closed a door that we have no intention of opening again.

Exactly

Comment

Scratches head and looks in mirror, who me?
                            I meant Stirly but you fit the bill nicely too.

Honestly I thought I was the one who made up .........sick and tired if being sick and tired.......amazing how many times I've heard it.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

See JC I am still on the bus behind this morning.
                              Right ho the rain has stopped so I am going out to dig the garden for an hour then I can happily veg in front of the footie this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X