Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - November 2017

Happy November.

Let's make it a wonderful month with no alcohol.

Last edited by NoraC; November 2, 2017, 10:37 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - November 2017

Happy November Steppers,can't believe this year's flown by so fast much love and have a great day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Have a fantastic day
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello everyone. Quiet here. I hope that means that everyone is doing well.

Techie - sending you loving, positive thoughts. :hug:

Glassie - I miss you and I hope that you are getting so much done. That way you can relax and focus on your vacation plans.

Rusty - you have been on my mind a lot lately. Did you get lots of trick or treaters?

Pauly - glad to see you dropping in. I miss you and hope you are doing well.

I'm just heading to bed but wanted to drop a line. I wonder how Bird is doing. Well - waves to everyone.......:checkin:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I can't believe it is already 3 days into November! Time is flying! It is so quiet here I thought I'd stop in an say hi, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] so you don't feel too lonesome!:happy2:

I'm headed out for a bit of shopping today. I'm going to try my best to get started on Christmas. Wish me luck!

Has anyone here ever heard of the DASH diet? Mr. D's doc just recommended he get on it. I requested a bunch of books from the library and picked them up yesterday but have not yet cracked them. It's supposed to help manage blood pressure.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Never heard of that, Dill.
            I have been looking at the Joel Fuhram Eat to Live. But not haven't read it yet
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning! I am still on the road but in Wisconsin. Wow, what a week! I stayed at 3 Hilton Garden Inns this week. Woke up this morning and couldn't remember my room number. Hahah!

Nora-thanks for starting us off...where did the year go?
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]:yay:Great to see you!!! I have never heard of that diet but will check it out. SO good to see you posting on our happy little thread.

At work now so must fly, happy AF Friday.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I wanted to thank you again for dropping in. :hug: Love seeing you here.

Rusty - gee whiz. That's a lot of traveling. :egad:

Nothing exciting going on in my life. I've just been feeling so dang flat and out of it. No energy or motivation to do anything. So, I'm going to try to get my act together.

Does anyone talk to Techie? I sure am concerned about him.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi NoraC and Rusty!

So I cracked a book on the DASH diet and found it was developed originally as a diet plan to prevent hypertension. DASH stands for 'dietary approaches to stop hypertension'. It was crowned as the #1 diet over all by US News and World report for several years running (I don't know about currently bc the book I cracked was copyright 2014). It's endorsed by the National Institute of Health and the American Heart Association. I am going to ease myself into it by trying a few recipes, not going whole hog by trying to do "the 28 day plan". I have to help Mr. D control his hypertension. He is a basic meat and potatoes man, so a complete sudden change will absolutely not work!

I hope you can snap yourself out of your doldrums, Nora. We have been several days without sun here and it has an affect on my mood. Could yours be caused by lack of sun?

Have a great day everyone!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Saturday.

Dill - great job on cracking open the book. I have heard about the DASH diet before but I don't remember anything about it. I do think that implementing changes in your daily diet is a good idea. I know that I really need to do that. The friend who is following the Eat to Live type of diet has lowered her blood pressure and was able to avoid medication at this point. Her boyfriend lost 100 pounds following it.

Rusty - are you home for the weekend? Any exciting plans? I want to hear what you are up to. Any walks planned?

I finally am feeling perkier. I don't know why. It has been overcast and today is blue skies. So maybe Dill is on to something there. I also slept until 10:00 am!!!!! Can you believe it?!? It was great - the gardeners were next door mowing and cutting and blowing. But, I just rolled over and tuned it out.

No major plans this weekend. Need to clean up around here. Hubby took down all of our Halloween decorations (and there were so many!) and he decorated for Thanksgiving. So we are all set. Of course, I feel behind the times because aren't the stores already decorated for Christmas? LOL

When is Liz coming home? I hope that she had a wonderful time. Hubby & I are talking about taking a cruise one day. It's our 40th anniversary next month. We can't go anywhere far at this point in time so we'll put that on our to do list.

Well - sending good & positive thoughts to everyone. :heartbeat:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I just saw this on Pinterest.

If you're ever thinking about giving up,

"Remember why you started"
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Howdy ho Steppers, not sure if [MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION] is going to make an appearance today, but by my calculations she should be celebrating 1 year AF today!

Nursie!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 4, 2017, 09:18 PM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh my goodness!!! So glad to hear it. I hope she shows up for the big congratulations.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - thank you for remembering everyone's special days. :heartbeat:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

If I was relying on my memory Nora, I wouldn’t even remember my own lol! I use a calendar app!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X