X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - November 2017

Hola gorgeous Stepper's!

Rusty, how are ya?

I have attended AA meetings many times over the years, but i'm sure not a regular, nor have i done the 12 steps. I go, and will go again to a meeting here and there because i always get something positive and useful from it. I kind of get a spiritual recharge, a sense of belonging and always a warmth from being in a room of such honesty and courageous human spirit with it's glory and gory! My view on the anonymous code, is that it should remain anonymous. This is one of it's attractions and core strengths i believe. It's only up to me if i want to announce my attendance of AA to the world, not anyone else. I suppose people will be people and gossip will happen, particularly around famous people or celebrities. I don't agree with it though. I wouldn't allow that possibility to deter me from attending a meeting though if i'm struggling. These days i'm not fussed if e.g. a co-worker or management where i work saw me walking out of an AA or NA meeting. I don't let what other people think of me stop me doing things. If i live honestly and in a way that's true to me, and keep a good heart, i know i'm okay no matter what the gossip.

Hope all are good :heartbeat:. Get some self loving in today ya hear? K.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

IMG_1574.jpg

Sorry it took me some time to post this but I have had some technical difficulties. In response to yesterday's posts, Here is Tessa! She is one of the best dogs on the planet.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dill; November 8, 2017, 06:34 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks so much for responding and giving me feedback...Pauly, Cowboy, Mr.G and Mr. V...I really appreciate it! I am typing on my phone so the emojis won’t be properly reflected but I appreciate your input. Maybe this person had told my aunt that her battle with alcoholism is not a secret to anyone and she’s comfortable with people revealing that info. now that she’s been sober for almost 10 years.

Dill-thank you for posting a picture of Tessa...she’s a sweetie! What a lovable face! I am partial to Black Labs because we had them in our family for generations and she looks like she has some black lab genes. :-) I am glad she has been a wonderful companion for you!

Nora-my day was wayyyy too Peopley. I hear ya. My client’s boss blew up at me first thing this morning and stomped out of the conference room after he failed to intimidate me. I told him he couldn’t come back in until he got his temper in check. He was a fool for underestimating me..haha.

Ok, off to work out...I hope you are all having a restful evening and morning. :-)
        Last edited by Rusty; November 8, 2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I agree with those dogs, Cowboy!!! LOL

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], didn’t see your post before I deleted mine because the pic was too big lol. Anyway, this isn’t a pic of Hank, but I immediately thought of [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] when I saw it on FB!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Haha!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all - 9:30 and bedtime. I'm trying to unwind a little bit so I can sleep. Long day.
                Rusty - good for you for standing your ground. What a yucky start to your morning though.

Got to find a pic of my babies to post. brb
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Do you remember when photos were so precious? Taking pictures - you only had so much film. You very carefully took your pictures, counting how many shots were left on the roll of film. Took it to be developed and so excited to get that envelope of pictures.
                  Boy - times have changed. I'm scrolling thru 100's of pictures that I'm never going to look at again. It's like things that should be so special become common place.
                  So many things in our daily lives that we forget how special they are.
                  Ok - enough of my philosophical mood. Back to trying to find a picture.....
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

lazybones.jpg
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,I just thought of that the other day when I went to Walgreen's to pick up my pics! I miss the anticipation of wondering how the pics turned out,now we know exactly what they look like and it kind of takes the thrill away getting chillier here especially in the morning and evening,wishing all a great AF Thursday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thursday.
                        I'm heading out into a world of people. I hope they don't get too peopley today.:egad:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Not the best day today mentally. So came here to get my head screwed on straight.
                          I don't have problems. I'm just having a few little issues that don't be remembered in a year.
                          Time to look for the sunshine instead of the gloom.

Ok....thanks. I'm heading back out there among them again. :thumbsup::egad:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Or, just know in your heart that the gloom will pass, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] :hug:. Even as soon as later today things might feel different.

Our grandson is 2.5+ years old and isn't too well socialized as he's mostly with his parents and sometimes with us. They're working on social skills but there is a pretty long way to go :egad:. Anyway, his mom took him to a new playground the other day and when I asked what was there, his reply was a happy "swings, slides" and then a rather disgusted "Pee-pull and kids". I wish I could communicate his tone of voice here - it was hilarious! I think so many of us feel just like he did when we have overly-peopley days!! Hang in there. xx

Comment

@NoSugsar - You made me laugh. Pee pull! I'm with him, those Peeeeoooooppppppplllleeer:harhar::eagerness:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] loved your grandsons story. I'm so on the same page as him. Pee-pull, precious!
                                Rusty, good for you for standing up for yourself. I agree with Nora, that could not have been an easy way to start your day.
                                Getting really cold here tomorrow. Pulled out the down comforters today and finally put my summer clothes away and pulled out my winter stuff. Got my hair cut and my nails done.
                                Off to bed, I've been so tired today!

Comment

Working...
                                X