• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2017

Happy December.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2017

I am having the laziest day off. I slept in until 11:00 am!!!!!! I am loving this. LOL
    Just wanted to start off a new month. I hope that December is the best month for all of us here at MWO. :heartbeat:
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well - poor hubby has not been feeling well. Extremely high pain levels and his sinuses bothering him. Yesterday, he worked so hard to give me a happy birthday. So sweet of him.
      Now today is a different story. :rotlf:
      C is coming over in the morning and he will stay with Mom and hubby & I will get out for a few hours. It's our 40th anniversary and I am so glad we didn't go away for the weekend with the way he is feeling. I just need to realize that things are working out the way they are meant to be and not get wound up about it. Learning......

What is everyone else doing this weekend? We are getting our tree and I'm so excited.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy December steppers!(spellcheck changed it to strippers:egad:!) Nora,lazy day off for me too I absolutely can not stay up late but I did last night zzzz,Kell has an appointment today with her doc because her placenta is in the front and they need to figure out what they're gonna do,c section or what I don't know,Liz,your post about the formula just jogged in my mind cuz Kell is all upset cuz breastfeeding didn't work out so good with Lou and she's worried about it being the same way with this wee little boy,I told her not to worry about it so much and defo not feeling guilty if she can't,I really hope Lucy is ok,how old is she BTW? Rusty,such a nice,positive post here's to a great month full of love and strength
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - I don't think that I'll be doing any stripping. I can just hear the audience - PUT IT BACK ON!!!! :rotlf:

Please keep us posted about Kell. :hug:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mr & Mrs Nora!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Friends!

Liz-I have no clue why Lucy's levels would be elevated but I hope she is feeling better.

Nora-I am white on top, too. Hope you are enjoying your weekend off. :-)

Glassie dear-thanks for popping in.

Pauly-Is Kell due this month?

Big waves of hellos to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], and everyone else...Happy Saturday!

Comment

Thank you cowboy for pointing me to the December thread. I was wondering where everyone was!
                Happy anniversary Nora, enjoy your day.
                Pauly, Lucy is 11. How old is Winslow? I hope things are ok with Kelly. Would they deliver earlier?
                Have a great day guys

Comment

There you are, Liz!!

Cowboy, thank you. :hug:

Off to get our tree. :yay:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Home again. We found a beautiful tree. We haven't decorated it yet though.
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - thank you again for the beautiful happy anniversary.

Not much else on the agenda. The hospice nurse was here today. She hasn't heard anything yet. So, we are continuing as is. I am not stressing over it now. We are just taking it as it comes.

What is everyone else up to? Did I mention that my cousin's son posted on FB that he was over a month sober! He is probably around 28 years old. I am happy for him and I hope he can continue this.He is married with 2 young kids and this is a good thing. His parents had their own issues when he was growing up. Positive news. Also positive is the fact that another friend posted to him that he was 3 years sober and another friend posted that he was trying but having a hard time. His post opened up the lines of communication and it was awesome to see it.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora that's great about your cousin's son. It's so good to see young people opening up the dialogue and seeing sobriety as a positive thing.

Liz I hope Lucy is OK.

Hi to everyone else. Have a lovely weekend.

:hug:
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glassie - happy to see you. How is HRH?

Rusty - how are you? I think you are busy the whole month of December aren't you? Don't you go all out with the beautiful trees and decorations?

Liz - how is Lucy feeling today? Is she walking on her leg now?
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HRH is an angel, Nora. :heartwings: She's developing a lovely, happy little personality. But she's walking now so she keeps everyone pretty busy!
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

HRH is walking, how fun! That's a whole new ball game.
                            Lucy is feeling fine. We bought her senior dog food thinking its low protein. It's not! Need to figure out what to buy next. I will miss her next week! My sister will take good care of her I know.
                            Happy Sunday!

Comment

Liz - is your Sweden trip next week???????
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X