One Step at a Time - December 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2017

Hey - question. Do you all remember your past in great detail? My hubby can reminisce about things that happened when he was three. Lots about his childhood. And lots during his high school/adult (pre Nora). We're driving down the street and he went to a party at that house. Oh, he played in a band over here. All about the concerts he's been to.
    I remember certain things but not like that. For example, I remember going and seeing Cary Grant speak twice. I remember going. I remember the stage and him speaking. I probably can't remember 10 words that he said though. I remember how happy I was and how wonderful it was but not the details.
    I was beginning to think that it all was me and my memory. But, now I wonder if it has more to do with the way you process things. I know that I can meet a person, stand and talk to him for 10 minutes. And would not be able to describe him (much less remember his name the next time we met).
    Deep thought for a Sunday morning. And do you want to know what started that train of thought? I was watching a YouTube video of Ray Charles. And I saw Ray Charles and he was GREAT. But, I don't remember the details. Scott, Mom & I went about 30 years ago.

Ok - obviously I have reached day 4 of my 4 day vacation. I am so relaxed :rotlf:

Last edited by NoraC; December 3, 2017, 02:05 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well - I have scared everyone away. LOL I hope that everyone is having a fantastic evening/morning/afternoon. :hug:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

thought provoking Nora. I guess we all remember things differently. That what makes reminiscing so great.
        Yes we are going to Switzerland tomorrow. Yes I am nervous. Packed and ready to go. I am working half day, just to keep me outta trouble. Looking forward to just getting away from it all. Love you all and see you when we get back.

Comment

Liz - have a wonderful, wonderful time. :hug: You really need this break. :yay:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - how are you doing? Are you busy, busy? :hug:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Posting from my phone here… I started a post earlier on my laptop but didn’t finish it. Got distracted with all the decorating I’m doing. Yes, Nora, I spend a lot of time decorating… Two huge trees, Outdoor decorations,… And then I have a holiday table. My annual brunch is on Sunday so I have a lot to get ready before the crowd comes. Yes, I am busy, busy, busy. I have never been this busy in December. It’s making me really crazy. To answer your question, yes I do remember a lot of my childhood and get a detail. I think you have an awesome memory. That is fantastic news about your cousin’s sobriety. Always great to hear!

Liz – have a wonderful time in Switzerland! Tour castles and post some great pictures. I really envy you. I so wish my mom and I could’ve gone. We had our trip all planned out. Oh well

Glassie – I can’t believe that little HRH is walking already! Where Does the time go?

All the decorating has made me exhausted so even though it’s not even 8 PM I am off to bed. I will see you all in the morning. Sweet dreams
              Last edited by Rusty; December 4, 2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for checking in Rusty. Liz, have a great time. Pauly, how is Kell? What did the Dr say?
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning!

Doing a little work before my day of decorating begins.

Pauly-please keep us posted on Kell....it must be such an anxious time for you.

Helloooo to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hope you have a lovely day!

Big Hellooooos to everyone else...Happy Monday.

Comment

Happy Monday! Back to work after 4 days.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello again. I hope that everyone is doing well. I know that everyone is busy and I don't have anything fascinating going on to chat about. But I wanted to stay connected here.

This is a hard time of year for many people. So, I decided to find a motivational quote for us. This one popped out at me. How many times did I battle in my head. Even to the point of putting it in the shopping cart and taking it out and then putting it back in. That is why this one means so much to me. After I had some sober time, I realized one day that the internal war had gone away. To anyone that is struggling, it is worth it to hang on for that one more hour. Keep hanging on because pretty soon, you won't even know that there was a struggle. :heartbeat:

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,love the quote jealous of Liz in Switzerland I'll bet she's having a blast though,Kell's appointment went good,the baby's measuring that he weighs 4 lbs already so her doc thinks he's gonna start stretching her cervix the end of Dec to let her body speed things up,kinda weird to me but I guess they do that these days,Rusty,I'll bet your decs are beautiful wishing us all a great AF Tuesday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love the quote, Nora! So true.
                          Super jealous of Liz in Switzerland, too. I would love to go skiing there!
                          Waves to all.

Comment

Happy Tuesday!!!

I forgot to ask Liz when she was coming home. Hope they're having a blast.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora-that quote is fantastic! Thank you!:welldone:

Pauly-you are so sweet. I have A LOT of decorating to do. So glad my cleaning lady is coming in a few minutes and my handy man will be here in a bit to set up the second tree. So glad the baby is growing as planned. So excited for you!

Liz-I am jealous of you, too. Hope you, hubs and son are having a fantastic time!!!!

Big hellos to everyone else. Happy Tuesday!!!

Comment

Hello again. Mom got approved for the extension on Hospice. The nurse said that the fact that Mom gained so much weight will raise flags with the insurance company. She has gained about 10 pounds in 3 months. But, now that I think about it, that is when she started taking Seroquel. That's a side effect. Anyway, that is a load off my mind.

Glad to hear that Kell is doing ok. I still need to decorate our tree. We only have one this year, Rusty. We're not putting up the aluminum one this year. Mr. V - wonderful to see you. You are doing great, my friend.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X