Join up! Army against the grog!!! March 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join up! Army against the grog!!! March 2018

Well done rustop on that big mountain climb! Hello Mary also. Anyone I have missed HELLO--Hi Molly X

Comment

Hi Whizzy and all else - good news Tabbers - great to be needed and wanted! everyone else -- howdy - concentration level of a gnat at the moment so not sure what yiz are all at despite reading back - not a lot to say - BUT

Young Satz sounds like a typical 'dry drunk' -- not dry at the moment - but when he is dry - well tbh he'd probably be better off drinking - he hasn't committed to any treatment for his addiction - he has attended to keep peeps off his back - the facilitator where I went to Aftercare told me that the first two years he was in recovery he too was a dry drunk - his wife begged him to go back drinking (and he was a drunk who beat his wife) - it is an impossible scenario imo - we need to attend to our lives and our addiction - it won't just 'go away' - the lack of willingness to attend meetings or whatever is just symptomatic of the unwillingness to put any work into his recovery - and until he does... pffffff - that's what they mean when they say the addict has to WANT it -- it takes work - and certainly doesn't leave room for boredom
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yeah Molls - I've a pain in my arse with him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Sadly, very sadly she's getting very old and the time is not far off when we'll be Bess-less.
          NNNNOOOOOOOOOO !!! Poor old Bess :hug:

For some reason I am now very fond of dogs. Dunno where it came from ......... but watch every doggie programme on the tv these days. Mad !!
          Must be an age thing - getting back to nature before I die :haha:
          Last edited by satz123; March 31, 2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Yeah Molls - I've a pain in my arse with him to be honest.
            I bet you have.... I think you should be sainted -- I'da crowned him by now I'm guessing!!!! Not a very understanding type me!!
            Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            NNNNOOOOOOOOOO !!! Poor old Bess :hug:

For some reason I am now very fond of dogs. Dunno where it came from ......... but watch every doggie programme on the tv these days. Mad !!
            Must be an age thing - getting back to nature before I die :haha:
            yeah poor Bess
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              we need to attend to our lives and our addiction - it won't just 'go away' - the lack of willingness to attend meetings or whatever is just symptomatic of the unwillingness to put any work into his recovery - and until he does... pffffff - that's what they mean when they say the addict has to WANT it -- it takes work - and certainly doesn't leave room for boredom
              Yo S'up.

This sure is true for me. I can't just stop drinking and that's it, me healed. Nooooo. I need to have some kind of daily program (i can handle). If i don't take daily action in maintaining the changes in my life i've had to make to grow and move towards an inner peace and happiness, i'm in trouble. e.g. It's a red flag for me if i am thinking in the morning....'ah, don't worry about yer 5 min breathing/meditation and speed yoga G man, you'll be fine just vegging out to facebook or a movie. Nope, i know i need a program. And a simple daily program that i can handle seems to be working so far.

Take care of yourself Benji. It must be a real tough situation. I hope your young bloke can get himself together.

Struth Whizzy. No wonder you get tired running bloody marathons all the time! That's forty, i say 42 kilometres!

Big waves to everyone! :spin:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening,
                That was a frightening night [MENTION=5052]anon[/MENTION]! at least hes home now, are the stones gone?

Im with you on mundane JC! Mundane morning in the hairdressers - seriously, with all the worlds amazing advances, it still takes 3.5 hours for a head of highlights (cut and blowdry) :hung:
                X post Molly.
                Mr G, your right on the daily schedule.. think I do this subconsciously, then if theres a 10 min free slot, I fill it!

Tony knocking around anywhere??
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=5052]anon[/MENTION]........poor Mr A. .......bet it was a bit of fright to say the least. Get well soons being sent to him.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........he could go on like this for years. What is he actually willing to do??? Sitting on his arse waiting for the sober fairy to land in his lap just isn't going to happen. By going to his meetings and aftercare will show him there's actual life after drink out there...........I remember being called a dry drunk years ago and being highly offended but I was a dry drunk......all I'd done was stop the drink and crikey when I went back out it was a squillion times worse than before. What's he got to loose doing 90 meetings in 90 days........fuck all.......but what he'll gain is a routine, a fresh face, something to get up for and go to and from what I've seen at work a damned sight better social life than I ever had being an active drunk. I really do understand the depression and just never ending malaise but that's what drink does to us. It drains the very life out of us.
                  He's not willing.......then I don't know.........but you keep your sobriety safe.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                  X