getting sober day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting sober day 1

hi, im on day 1 . i want to introduce myself and get connected. ive always avoided this in the past and end up in the same place(bottom of a bottle). could really use some support.

Way to go [MENTION=24164]LisaM[/MENTION] on taking the first step! The members here are all about helping and supporting everyone find and embrace an AF lifestyle! It can be a bit slow here on weekends, and the best place to introduce yourself is in the Newbies Nest under Just Starting Out. But all the threads are full of great support and ideas, so take a look around and post wherever you like!
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 7, 2018, 02:03 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: getting sober day 1

Thanks just getting myself familiar with the site.

Comment

Perfect! If have any questions, just ask okay.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Lisa.
          Welcome! It's lovely to meet you. You've done the right thing in reaching out. it's much easier to do this when you have friends to share it with.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Welcome Lisa.

There's some good reading here in our toolbox -

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome Lisa. You will get the support you need here.:hug:
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi, Lisa. My drinking was a secret that I carried alone for a very long time. Coming here, finally telling the truth, and receiving the love and support so freely offered made all the difference. I hope you stick with it – you will not believe how much better life can be. It is nice to meet you and I hope to get to know you better. :hug: NS

Comment

Thanks, that really means alot to me. This has been a long time coming. Its difficult to open up but if it gets and keeps me sober I'm in.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=24164]LisaM[/MENTION] - great to meet you. CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS BIG STEP!!! :yay: It's not easy but it is so worth it.
                    Wonderful people here, wonderful support. Read around and find a place that you're comfortable and just jump in. I found that it was really important to me to read & post and read & post and read & post. Kept me busy and out of trouble.
                    There are some great threads around here. The Newbies Nest, The Army, The 24 hour cafe, The One Step at a Time (that's where I hang out). Anyway, glad to meet you and fantastic and taking your life back.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                    X