• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out Sunday April 15th, 2018

Howdy y'all! JC is off on a little getaway here (Buttercup Cottage (ref
    W244) in
    Tosside, near Settle, Yorkshire |
    cottages.com
    ) and she asked me to do the honors this week for her, and no, she didn't invite me to go along with them or else I wouldn't be doing the honors either! So without further adieux...

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time...........and if you're not counting just be LOUD and PROUD.

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!!

Let the time and date calendar take the strain from your brain when you're counting... Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

For me its 3 years, 3months, and 1 day, or 1187 days of freedom!
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 15, 2018, 01:54 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: Super Sober Shout Out Sunday April 15th, 2018

4 years, 4 months and 14 days. So many 4's.

Wow Cowboy what a suprise to not have JC in the drivers seat but great work from you.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

98 and 21

Great work AB and Ava!

Oops it is 104 and 21. Memory is a bit shot
      Last edited by starty; April 15, 2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

1757 un-roundy days But days I'm so grateful for.

Anyone struggling - keep trying - it'll happen. Once we realise there is NOTHING to be gained for us addicts from alcohol - the mindset changes and we see alcohol for what it is and it can feck off !!
        You think you NEED it - you don't.
        I thought I'd NEVER get past day 1.
        Pick your day 1 ............ eat a shitload of carbs that day till you are stuffed - and before you know it - you'll be on day 2.
        Just get past day 1 and stop seeing alcohol as a default when things in life happen - ( they will ).
        I KNOW you'll want oblivion but instead of drinking. Sit with chocolate ( insert preference) & a TV box-set for hours ..... then go to bed and next day a clear head and daylight will help you solve what you are worried about.
        I watched Breaking Bad - all episodes - it worked. I looked forward to that instead of a bottle of wine.
        Believe me you cannot deal with shit if you're constantly in a mind-altered state from alcohol or hungover & depressed from withdrawals. That frame of mind attracts more issues.
        Try a different way .....

Sorry for the long post - just came out :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
          Howdy y'all! I guess it's Sunday now in some parts of the MWO world, and since JC is off on a little getaway
          [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - :goodjob: filling JC's big boots

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]
            PS - today is 15th April

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..........you're a darling, thank you.There is a spare bed and it overlooks the farmland that goes on forever. Spring looks as if its finally springing.

For me its .........3205 days from the start date to the end date, end date included or 8 years, 9 months, 9 days including the end date.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........loved your post there and I've defo got the wellies..........posh ones that you gave me.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

AB, good job kicking us off. Looking good in that outfit too buddy.

Day 228!

Sounds a beaut part of the world JC.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

‘Nuther sober one from me. Enjoy your holibags JC!!

Comment

Shouting out loud and proud on this Sunday morning! Thank you cowboy for filling in while JC is having what sounds like a lovely vacation!

Comment

1254 Days here...Happy Sober Sunday all! :welldone:
                      Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

I know [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I made 2 mistakes in the header tagline, but I couldn't figure out how to edit it and I was just too lazy to delete the whole thing and start over lol. Think I might have to give [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] a shout to fix it for me!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; April 15, 2018, 07:28 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5 years, 9 months, 12 days and a couple of holidays......
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Re:Super Sober Shout Out Sunday April 15th, 2018

SHOUTING............:welldone:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Five years plus! We dodged an ice storm, off to the theater this afternoon. The reviews are great!
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X