4 Amazing Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Amazing Years

Hi I just thought I'd check in. I have 4 glorious sober years under my belt. Even though my life has changed beyond belief and it has thrown the biggest challenges at me.

I am going through the Mother of all divorces where he is punishing me beyond belief. I have not had a drink. The last 4 years has tested my sobriety beyond belief. From walking past the off-licence every day in tears and despair (and resisting) to hallucinating that I was seeing vodka bottles everywhere calling to me. But I stayed strong. Being drunk would of been far worse than my crappy reality. I have left him and I now live on my own, and there is still no temptation to drink, as my sobriety is my core strength.

I wake up clear headed and able to process my day. I am overwhelmed some days, but I am sober. The Ex throws me another suckerpunch, and I can deal with it and ride it. And more importantly, Alcohol doesn’t control me anymore. It doesn’t haunt my every waking moment or thought. I am finally free and it is amazing. The Voices has stopped bothering me. I took away their voice. I stopped listening. I pulled rank !

I have found the most incredible spirituality through my sobriety and the Universe delivers the most amazing miracles daily, (Abraham Hicks) life is just Divine. I have gotten here by putting in the hard work and protecting my sobriety over everything else. My marriage threatened my sobriety so it had end. Friends had to go and I had to find me again. And I had to forgive myself too.

Being a desperate drunk was a sad existence. Now I can literally manifest miracles and I have never been happier. Life is literally fizzing in Sobriety and is amazing.

For those who dont know me, I struggled beyond belief for years and it had me gripped and intoxicated so badly. My life imploded and I nearly died twice in one week through drinking. But I had 2 choices. Drink and die or sober up and work at it, as if your life depended on it. Because it really did!

I hope if you are struggling you can reach for your toolbox and dig deep. Throw everything you have at it and don’t stop. Yes it’s hard, but being drunk is so much harder. I finally feel so free and it was worth every tear
    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Re: 4 Amazing Years

[MENTION=14176]autumn[/MENTION]
    Its wonderful to see you and hear you're doing so well in your sobriety despite the slings and arrows that have been thrown and are still being thrown at you. You're a strong woman with a strong message to tell. Be very,very proud of yourself.
    Don't be a stranger. :hug:
    Last edited by JackieClaire; April 29, 2018, 02:06 PM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congratulations Autumn! Nice to see you. Amazing work. :happy2:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Huge congrats [MENTION=14176]autumn[/MENTION]!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by autumn View Post
          I wake up clear headed and able to process my day.
          I have found the most incredible spirituality through my sobriety and the Universe delivers the most amazing miracles daily, (Abraham Hicks) life is just Divine. I have gotten here by putting in the hard work and protecting my sobriety over everything else. My marriage threatened my sobriety so it had end. Friends had to go and I had to find me again. And I had to forgive myself too.
          Autumn congratulations on 4 years of trials, tribulations and sobriety. I found what you wrote above so damn true, we need to fight for what is so important to us and that is sobriety. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of seeing inside ourselves to get to where we are today. I think the most important lesson i have learnt along the way is forgiveness to myself and to learn to love me for me, warts and all. I have nothing to prove to anyone anymore, waking up sober is just enough.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Autumn, Thanks so much for posting your wise words of perspective. You never know how many people you might help.

The strength your new life has created within you is shining through.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Autumn, thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Here's to your continuing recovery filled with light, love, joy and strength.

Comment

Congratulations on 4 years Autumn!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations, Autumn!

Thanks for your post - I know it will help those who are struggling right now. That clear head to face those giant obstacles, and loving myself are two keys to why I feel I have found freedom in quitting drinking.

I know new people here read the tool box. I hope you might consider copy/pasting that there so they will be sure to read it.

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing!

Pav

Comment

Congratulations. I admire your courage and resilience!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                    X