HBO's mini-series Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, Fire here... been away from the boards for a couple days, but I'm back and I am going to make an attempt to be more active in this community.... before, I was more of a lurker with the occasional post, though I read the forums all the time.

At any rate, I just wanted to see if you guys had heard of the special mini-series "Addiction" from HBO. I caught it and thought it was very informative and helpful. It talks about all sorts of addictions, including alcohol, of course... It also focuses on the science of brain imaging, disease, medication, including Topa. I learned some things I'd never known before, and even watched it with my girlfriend who appreciated the new information- she's always supportive of learning more about my addiction.

Anyway, I found the series really helpful and insightful. For those of you who've seen it, what did you think?

For those of you who haven't, I'd highly recommend checking it out-- it's available on iTunes for free, and it's also out on DVD (I'd assume you can rent it or Netflix it)....

Curious to see what yall think.
    Later homeez,

Fire

I thought it was good. There was a thread started awhile ago on it when HBO first put it out.

I did think it a "wham bam" explanation & wished they had elaborated or spent more on each topic.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

D'oh, maybe that was a newbie mistake to not search for previous threads? If so, sorry 'bout that....

I do wish they had elaborated more, myself, but thought it was a good introduction on different topics within the overall topic... it is actually what caused me to search on the Internet for more resources, and lead me to MWO in the first place....

Comment

Fire, I started to watch it , but unlike your girlfriend my hubby doesn't want to know too much about my addiction. He has control issues and of course would like to think that he or I can control IT. There I feel better just saying that. I've been reading a lot on the seven weeks to sobriety link and find it very informative. I have the supps and topo and this sight which coorespondes to alot of what they advise. I'm going to have a mhard time giving up coffee though (maybe rehab will work). good luck in your journey!!! Not our fault

Comment

Not a newbie mistake-I've done it myself-doh! Actually watching the Simpson's as we speak.

Well Welcome Fire! Glad you found us!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

fire31;151032 wrote: Hey all, Fire here... been away from the boards for a couple days, but I'm back and I am going to make an attempt to be more active in this community.... before, I was more of a lurker with the occasional post, though I read the forums all the time.

At any rate, I just wanted to see if you guys had heard of the special mini-series "Addiction" from HBO. I caught it and thought it was very informative and helpful. It talks about all sorts of addictions, including alcohol, of course... It also focuses on the science of brain imaging, disease, medication, including Topa. I learned some things I'd never known before, and even watched it with my girlfriend who appreciated the new information- she's always supportive of learning more about my addiction.

Anyway, I found the series really helpful and insightful. For those of you who've seen it, what did you think?

For those of you who haven't, I'd highly recommend checking it out-- it's available on iTunes for free, and it's also out on DVD (I'd assume you can rent it or Netflix it)....

Curious to see what yall think.
            Later homeez,

Fire
            looked for it on Itunes but no luck
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

did you call us homeez????
              Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
              April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
              wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
              wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
              wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
              wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
              wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
              wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
              http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

U can call me homeez if you want.

I saw it and have read the follow on for the two guys who took topa.

One of them stayed alcohol free!!!! Yeah!!

The other relapsed but then went back into rehab and is doing well now. Yeah!!

I thought it was a great series.
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Trixietrack- Are you from Costa Rica? I ask because I noticed your 'Pura Vida' signature.... At any rate, in the ITunes store, go to Podcasts-HBO- and then you'll find it there if you scroll down. Or, you can do an ITunes search for 'Addiction' and it'll be there in the Podcast search results.

DB2, thanks for posting about the follow up of those guys, great to hear that they're doing well!

Katie- is you is or is you ain't my homeez?

Comment

Thanks Fire,

I missed the original thread. I'm downloading them right now. They will certainly give me something to do during my witching hours tonight.

Thanks,

Kitty
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                    Confucius

Comment

Working...
                    X