One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Hope you all had a good Friday. Nothing much new here. Just a quick check in for me. Promise I'll post more in the morning.

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks again.

We went for a dip in our little pool when it got dark. We had a little light that floats in the pool. That was fun.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hiya Steppers!!

Just wanted to drop by and congratulate Grandma [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]!! That little girl is adorable. Bet you can't wait to babysit and have her all to yourself!! Enjoy every moment you can- she is so precious!! :heart::heartwings:
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] ! I was thinking of you with all those fires,glad you're ok much love to all and have a fabulous AF Friday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, you lost a day, it's Saturday lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning!
              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]:yay:great to see you here! Like Pauly, I had wondered how you fared with all the fires...so sad. I hope you, your family, and friends, are all OK.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]-thank you for posting that cute pics to congratulate Nora on her new 3rd birthday and to welcome Ms. Savannah into the world. She is such a beauty.:love:

Pauly-are you leaving today to visit your family? I know it can be very hard on you so I will be thinking of you.

Nora-so glad you got to jump in your pool...I love underwater pool lights.
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-safe travels.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], ooohhh yes, the weather here in Wisconsin has been gorgeous. It's a perfect day for a walk on the lake path so I am going to take advantage of the sunshine.

Liz-how are you holding up? You sound good!:hug:

Hi To Glassie, I hope your diverticulitis is under control. I think about you a lot because I have it also. :sad:

Hi to anyone I missed....happy AF and self-caring Saturday!
              Last edited by Rusty; July 28, 2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] how sweet you are to keep up with everyone:love: what are you up to this weekend? Thought of you yesterday when I got my nails done, got a French.
                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] you nighttime swim sounds so nice! Can't tell you the last time I was in the pool at night. Are you seeing the baby this weekend?

Pauly, hope you enjoy your time with family. I'll be thinking about you.

I have a wedding this afternoon and I'm really not feeling it. It is entirely outside and the weather isn't great. Who does that? It's July in New Jersey!

How is everyone's self caring July going? We're almost through it. All things considered, I'm doing ok.
                Wishing you a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Hi, I'm Baaaccckkk! LOL

Liz-I am practicing self-care this weekend...a walk on the lake path, a dip in the lake, and then cleaning, organizing and decluttering. I will visit my mom tomorrow. I hope the weather cooperates for the wedding. I don't know why people think an outdoor wedding in July is a GREAT idea. You can have all the tents in the world but you can't control the outside temperature, especially if it's blistering hot....talk about stressing out the bride and groom to the max, and then, you have cranky wedding guests.

I am driving to MN for work on Monday and I'll only be there overnight but I have a 6 hr. ride. ahead of me and then back home Tuesday night. I am grateful for the work.

Off I go....enjoy your day, everyone...and Glassy...I know it's nighttime in your world.:heartbeat:

Comment

Hello everyone - I think I'm heading over to see the baby in a few minutes. :yay: But, I just got a text that C had a fever last night. Not sure if he's sick and doesn't want me to go over or not. :sad:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Beautiful baby xoxo
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          Pauly, you lost a day, it's Saturday lol.
                          It’s an itis thing!!!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Awww...she's beautiful Nora. xxx
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glassie - you must be busy getting ready for your trip! Details please.

Techie - how are you doing? Great to see you. How are the people doing that you are training for the triathalon? Is that going well?

Pauly - I've been thinking about you all day. I hope that your visit is going well.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I hope that the wedding went well. Sorry that you weren't really into it though. I am definitely extending this self-caring into the next month for us all. You especially need it. :hug:

Rusty - that's a long drive just to turn around and do it the next day. I hope that it is a successful meeting. :yay: Did you get your dip in the lake today? We haven't been in the pool today. I got sidetracked with stuff.

My brother is coming over with his friend tomorrow to visit Mom. I'm hoping that hubby & I can take off for a little bit when they're here. I don't know their plans yet so not sure if that's in the cards or not. (But, if so maybe we can even go kiss our granddaughter). Casey told me how happy I looked this morning holding her.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X