X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
    Thanks Pauly.

And a hyuuge warm buenos dias to you my darling G. Are you nourishing yourself as directed?
    Si guapa.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for the good thoughts. Went to the Dr and they did blood tests. If there is anything fishy, they will be called to go in tonight. Otherwise, they go in Friday at 2:30 for another stress test and 'balloon' and then back home. Report back to the hospital Sat at 6:30 am to be induced.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - how did work go today? How are you holding up? When does CJ get in? :heartbeat:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
          Hi all. Thanks for the good thoughts. Went to the Dr and they did blood tests. If there is anything fishy, they will be called to go in tonight. Otherwise, they go in Friday at 2:30 for another stress test and 'balloon' and then back home. Report back to the hospital Sat at 6:30 am to be induced.
          Hmmm. Getting exciting...
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi all,
            Had some bad cravings yest but made it through ok. Kept telling myself I might die if I drink again, so that seems to work. Have been working on taking a deck apart and the frame seems to be good, so now I am trying to get it down to the pond. Jacked it up with the car jack and put some fence posts and old pvc pipe under it and am rolling it down to the pond hehehe. I was happy with myself for thinking that up! It will make a nice fishing dock for the next owner...Lizann, hope your Mom is getting some sleep in......Glassie, that prep...not sure I could deal with that again. Hope it went well....Pauly, hope you slept well last night...Nora, I am excited for you!!!....hello to all underoos!....out to start my day....b

Comment

Well done on getting past those cravings, Bird.

Liz - how are you and your family holding up? Thinking of you all. xxxx

Nora - what is the balloon? It sounds weird!
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good morning everyone. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I know when I was pregnant the little ones didn't move around as much close to birth. I was told it was just because there is less room. I hope that's the case for your kids as well. I'm going to google balloon, but it doesn't sound too pleasant?
                @Glasshalfempty, hope all went well with the colonoscopy. Yes the prep isn't pleasant but it's a great way to loss a couple of pounds. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I have been having trouble sleeping too. I actually called my doctor yesterday just for something to get me through this week. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], good for you for riding out that craving. We are more than half way through July! I must admit I admire your how handy you are! I know my hubby would love that fishing deck.
                CJ came home last night. It was late! I didn't get to bed until after one, which with the not being able to sleep actually worked out. Work was good yesterday and I have to tell you my boss is great! They are so good to me. My office manager will attend daddy's memorial service Sunday, she never even met him. It was a normal day and I felt a little guilty that my life is just carrying on normally, if that even makes sense. I ran out food shopping at like 8 last night, cuz with everything I haven't been. I was reflecting as I was driving last night, a Main Street in our town. As I drive in one block is the church CJ got married in, the rehab where dad passed and the funeral home. I suppose as time goes it'll get easier to drive that way, but yesterday it was tough. We got the death certificate yesterday and I was taken aback that they listed cirrhosis as the cause of death. I think it was you [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] that said your aunt passed as a result of surgery for hiatal hernia caused by drinking? I take comfort in the fact that dad was not an alcoholic, he had autoimmune hepatitis that damaged his liver. Just saying that these diagnoses can be caused by other things not just drinking. We were there, we saw he couldn't swallow and was coughing. We think if the rehab center listed aspiration as a cause of death it would reflect badly on them. Ok I'm babbling. I'm sorry, it helps me to talk about it.
                Sissys and Erin are coming over in a bit, working on the eulogy and the photos. We'll go out to lunch.
                Hope everyone is doing ok. Nora, keep us posted on baby watch? Love you all

Comment

So so sorry to hear about your Dad, Liz. Sending strength to you and your family.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,you sound like you're holding up pretty good,did he really have cirrhosis or did they just listen that instead of the aspiration to cover their asses? Yea I hear that it can have other causes but peeps automatically think"alcoholic" how's your mom? Nora,when I was pregnant with Brady he was so lazy! I used to hafta push my stomach around to wake him up and get him moving,I'm si excited for you Bird,you little handy woman! Good job on getting thru the craving yesterday,power went out at work right as Kell got there so she went home cuz the power company said its a blown transformer and wouldn't be fixed for hours,not much you can do in a salon with no power,anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Thursday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all.

Glassie - did the test go ok? Any issues?

Liz - it is weird when life goes on. But, it is the way of life. Love you friend

Pauly - you sound good.

Bird - very impressive brainstorming ideas for the deck!!

Mr V and mr g big hugs
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - was this colonoscopy the result of something that they found? Concerned. Not meaning to pry but concerned.

Bird - Good job on working thru the cravings. I slowly strolled down the alcohol aisle in the pharmacy yesterday. I kept moving and it was out of my head. It truly is so much easier after time. And the truth is that we will die if we drink. It is a timebomb.
                        I did love how you figured out how to move the dock. :welldone:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - how long was the power out at work? She works at the same place as you doesn't she? How is Louie's Dad? He had been sick hadn't he?

Rusty - how are you doing? How is the foot feeling?
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - how did it go today? Were you able to find some pictures to use? How long is CJ going to be able to stay? What time does Mark leave tomorrow? Again, so many questions for you. But, just thinking of you and sending you love. :hug:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,the people at Albertsons next door said the power didn't come back on til after 6:30 pm so they were throwing away TONS of food in a,huge dumpster out back,I went in to buy some jerky and all of the frozen/refrigerator stuff was gone,the girls stayed up there waiting until about 3:30 then left cuz people were getting weird banging on the door,getting mad and saying they were lying about not having power cuz the little neon sign we have was still on,,weirdos! Louie's dad wasn't sick he had the MRI and ct scan cuz they were looking on replacing the plate in his head from a childhood accident,,,hmm not sure what happened with that maybe he decided to just say the heck with it? I'll hafta ask Kell,they went to Laughlin today to ride the riverboat cuz pest control fogged their house and they needed to kill time,she sent lots of Snapchat videos and the boys were so cute Lou even did a "I'm the king of the world" action hahaha! Any new baby news? I guess you'll let us know
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that - king of the world. Yahoo Louie!!

No baby news. Go in tomorrow for the balloon (Balloon Catheter).
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X