One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

How was everyone's Monday? I came here to check stats too. I guess we will just have to wait! I'm excited, though.
    Yes Glassie, my girls and Logan were here today. Logan is walking more on his own now and is just so cute getting around.
    Guess I'll check back later to see what Nora says about the baby.
    FYI my first baby was a Csection the following two were "regular" births. A Csection was MUCH less painful than thr traditional birth. I was sore with the Csection, but it was way better than the other two. Wishing DIL a speedy recovery regardless.

Comment

Liz,my friend had her first 3 regular and her last one c-section cuz that little girl just would not come down! I was surprised that a fourth birth would be a c-section,pretty crazy
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ah, you all are so sweet. Thank you everyone for popping in with the well wishes.

Sadly no pictures today. They don't want to share any pictures yet. I think they want to pick the perfect picture to share.
        I will sneak some for you all soon but I didn't get a chance today. We were only there for a few minutes but it was the most wonderful feeling to hold her in my arms. I am in love.
        The nurse took her away for some blood work or something. We were sitting in the room and my DIL started shaking with the cold. It was awful. I ended up going out and getting a nurse and we left. Casey said that the nurses said that she must have had separation anxiety because she was better as soon as they brought the baby back.
        Anyway, Savannah is the most precious angel. I will try to get pics tomorrow.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How is everyone doing on their Dry & Self-Caring month? I have to admit that I have not done very well on the healthy, self-caring part. I think we might need to continue this into August!
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I definitely need to extend the self caring into Augusy! So happy for you. That little girl is lucky to have such wonderful grandparents. Hope DIL doesn't have a fever? That was my first thought with the shaking. It is a major surgery, hope they don't send her home too soon. I respect their wishes for no pics, like I said yesterday, it's their story to tell! But I'll be checking for pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              Savannah has arrived.
              Absolutely no details except that it was a c-section. Will be back when I know more. They were still stitching her up so I think it's going to be awhile before I get any information

It happened!!
              Congratulations!!
              Very happy for you.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi all,
                Nora, hope DIL is feeling good. Very exciting time....Liz, I bet Logan is just cute as a button! ....Glassie, I am doing ok on dry July. Drank 4 beers one night but it made me so sick and blah feeling....not much going on here. Put a for sale sign up at friends house yest and got a couple of calls. Will probably just get a realtor as I don't like dealing with people and the negotiations....dd2 rented a house with 4 people. She wants me to come up there and see it, so may drive to Macon this week. It is possible may be closing on the house up there Friday anyway. Have a great day all....b

Comment

Congratulations, Nora! Beautiful girl!

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,hope all is well with your familynot much going on with me,I'm trying to get hubs to drive home Saturday morning instead of Friday morning to go see my family,yes it would be a fast visit but I don't want to get overwhelmed like I did last time,ugh,just hafta see how it goes,much love to all and wishes for a terrific AF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Keep your tools close Pauly. I know this can be hard for you. :sohappy:
                      Just stick me in your pocket and take me with you.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I wish I could put you in my pocket and take you Nora I forgot to tell you guys that I was watching the boys yesterday and Rome's new trick is pulling your hair,getting close to your face then he starts gumming on it!! I was laughing so hard and me and Lou started calling him Hannibal Lecter haha

Comment

Congratulations Nora xoxo
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Tuesday.
                            The kids were able to go home today. Thank you everyone for all the well wishes. I kept thinking I’m going to get a few minutes to reply and time got away from me.
                            Hopefully, we’ll be able to see them in the next day or 2 and I can get another Savannah fix. LOL

I just saw that Demi Lovato has been hospitalized for a drug overdose. So sad. Just another reminder to always keep our guard up. It’s too easy to fall back into that hole. I was absolutely miserable when I drank. Always dealing with the guilt and remorse. No thank you.

Pauly – have you ever tried carrying something to hold when you get anxious? I quite often carry a little worry stone. Just a little rock that I can hold to keep me grounded.
                            I was laughing about Romeo eating your hair. When C was little, he had some type of obsession with hair & fuzz. I had to always have my hair in a pony tail when I held him or he would try to eat it. We had to watch him like a hawk. He had an Ernie doll from Sesame Street. We had to cut all the hair off it. Ha, ha.
                            Have you decided if you are leaving Saturday?

Bird – nice that you are already getting calls on the house. Are you still on for the 31st to close? I hope you have fun visiting your daughter. How’s dd1? Is she staying with you?

Glassie – I think you better get ready for your vacation! Ha, ha. Are you traveling with a friend or going solo? How long are you going to be gone? Have you ever gone to Africa before? Should I ask you a few more questions. ��

Liz – how are things? When is CJ going home? Logan is so cute. Happy, happy. Do your sisters live near your Mom? Just wondering how she’s doing.

Rusty – where are you? Home or traveling?

I cam home and got in the pool but the water was too warm. Ha, ha. I couldn’t believe it. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all. Nora glad Savannah and her parents went home today, I'm not sure I like how quickly they send these moms home after a c section. I am sure she has help, though. I guess things are very different now anyway. When I had my kids, the babies weren't "rooming in" like they do now. How much did she weigh when she was born? Does she have a middle name.

Pauly, I hope you do ok this weekend while you visit. I know how difficult it can be for you. Stay strong.

Rusty, is your foot all better? Working hard this week again, I'm sure,

BIrd, is the closing still set for the 31st? Coming up quick. I know you must be anxious to be moving.

Glassie, when do you leave for Africa? That came up quick.

My mom is doing ok. We do call her a lot now. She will come over on Thursday and again on Sunday. She is making CJs favorite dish "Rouladen" for Sunday and TS and her family will join us for lunch. Big sis and Erin and family will be away. Mom started getting rid of some of daddy's worn out work clothes. She is doing a little at a time. Cleaning out his workshop will be difficult I'm sure. He has an unfinished project laying on his workbench. He loved his workshop and tools. CJ and I ran a lot of errands today. Weather is supposed to be stormy tomorrow but TS, my girls, niece and I would like to spend the day at the spa. Hopefully that will pan out. I would love to unwind some there with the girls. Hubby has so many tomatoes already, I made cream of tomato soup for dinner tomorrow already, another one of CJs favorites. Skyped with Mark today and his first day at work went well. He likes it. He was in an orientation of some kind with other new employees. They all wanted to hear about New York and why would he want to come to England as he lives by NYC? It's all relative, I suppose. He enjoyed his American popularity.
                              Hope you are all doing well. CJ is at Erin's house tonight so it's quiet here, just me hubby and little Lucy. Have a great AF night!

Comment

Hi Liz - so glad to hear that Mark is doing well. What adventurous kids you have. A spa day sounds nice. That is hard for your Mom to go thru things. The morning my Dad passed away.....after we came home from the hospital, my Mom just went around and cleaned up all my Dad's little stuff. The dominoes that they played every day. His coupons (he loved to grocery shop), his notepad, his nightstand, etc. I just sort of followed her around and let her do what she wanted. It lasted for a few hours. I'm the one that ended up going thru all his clothes, etc. Hard and sad.
                                You all are in my thoughts constantly. :heartbeat:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X