Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackieclaire has 9 years sober !!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Well I never did ..................BRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE.:heartbeat:

Normally like a little late night lurk but this is a very, very....late night lurk. I was waiting to see when the son & heir's plane landed.......then realised him and his GF aren't back 'til tomorrow.
    Baha! That sounds like something a Jones would do. Well done on your nine glorious years. That is PRECISELY what I needed to hear today.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Baha! That sounds like something a Jones would do. Well done on your nine glorious years. That is PRECISELY what I needed to hear today.
      Thank you.

You know, love.........give yourself some kudos for getting off your backside and having another go.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Thank you.

You know, love.........give yourself some kudos for getting off your backside and having another go.
        Yep, I will take that approach, go right back to basics and press on...
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well, I will be absolutely buggered. I knew there must have been a reason that I checked in today. JC, you are my heroine .... and I mean that in the non drug sense of course.....Congratulations amazing one, I am in awe of you. Bridge :love:
          Well, I'll be!!! [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] how good to see you!!!!! I was going over some old posts just yesterday and came across the Undies Thread and thought how sad it was that it had disappeared and all of you good people with it. Tawny, Rags, Happy, Aspy, Nicey, Missy and of course, our Bridget. Only Mr. G and Glassy are still posting. It was a brilliant thread with such amazing humour and advice, always posted in the most succinct manner! I really miss it and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here at MWO. Really, really good to see you. Sorry you are having such a shite time. How is the lad? He must be almost out of his teens by now. Hope things are well between you.
          Yep, I will take that approach, go right back to basics and press on...
          That's the best you can do and hopefully you will drop in often to MWO. So much support and understanding here - I mean if we alkies don't get it, who will? Just a reminder - you have to take care of yourself first, then everything else. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

Stirly
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Congratulations on 9 sober years, dear Jackie.. thank you for being here..:love:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
              . It was a brilliant thread with such amazing humour and advice, always posted in the most succinct manner! I really miss it and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here at MWO.
              That's the best you can do and hopefully you will drop in often to MWO. So much support and understanding here - I mean if we alkies don't get it, who will? Just a reminder - you have to take care of yourself first, then everything else. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.
              Here here !!! Stay with us Brig ................ the Army is still there - different timelines - but you could make it work ?

We drift if we are not in contact with like-minded people. IMVHO
              Default coping strategies kick in as we see others around us use them - but we forget we cannot.
              Last edited by satz123; July 9, 2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Here here !!! Stay with us Brig ................ the Army is still there - different timelines - but you could make it work ?

We drift if we are not in contact with like-minded people. IMVHO
                Default coping strategies kick in as we see others around us use them - but we forget we cannot.
                Spot on Satz we defo drift. Sobriety has to be kept in the forefront at all times. Maybe not with the same intensity as at the beginning but it has to be there and active and worked at

Comment

Congrats JC on 9 years!!! I always know yours is July, & always forget the day, but HAPPY SOBER ANNIVERSARY/AF DAY/BIRTHDAY, doesn’t matter what you call it, just keep on doing it every day!!! One foot in front of the other & you’ll keep on dancing!!!
                  :sohappy::yay::welldone::hug:
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Definitely helped and supported me loads during my wilderness years, so pleased for you Jackie.
                    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Dear Jackie,

Never could there be a more dedicated lady on this fantastic site, to give the amount of time you do is amazing, many congratulations on 9 years sober, to keep away for that long shows you what a strong woman you are much love Flossie xx
                      I am too big and too small and too much and not enough and too frightened to change and too sad to stay the same

Comment

Working...
                      X