A new day a new plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new day a new plan

Why why why can I learn to stay away. I drank last night, I was going to stay home but at the last min. decided to go. I knew that I shouldn't have and I wondered why did I just stick to the plan. Whelp back to day 1. But this time I have a plan. It hurts me to have to post this but at the same time I am not going to lie around and say that I did not drink when I did. It started Wed. when I had 1 beer. I had just put down my cat and I was feeling down so I had that 1 beer. Then Friday I went out and drank. But now AL is out. No more drinking for this girl and here is my plan to stay sober.

1.Stay away from bars.
    2. This is my new hangout.
    3. Post often.
    4. Say no to my friends and me when I want to drink.
    5. Remind myself that I want to be in control of me all the time.
    6. Make a pro/con list on drinking.
    7. Make today my final day 1. No more drinking. I want to regain my 7 year sobriety and then beat it and make it to 8 years. ODAAT,
    8. Take it one day at a time.
    9. Celebrate milestones aka 1 week, 1 month etc with some chocolate milk or something else that is not AL.
    10. Stay away from the na beers until I get stronger.

I am so sorry for disappointing everyone again. I feel bad and rotten about it. But this time WILL be the time. I will not be drinking ever again.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Brought my trusty sidekick along Alison, think of him next time you get thoughts of drinking...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: A new day a new plan

Thank you I sure will. I will do anything to remain AF. I did it once, I know that I can do it again.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You have a good plan there Alison.
        Make a firm commitment to stick to it & you will meet your goals

Wishing you the best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Drifty, that is a great plan. I had to remake mine after 7 years sobriety too. It is not good and it felt lots harder than the first time for some reason. I think in the back of my mind I had that feeling of I have done it once so I can do it again .....if needed. But it is so much harder the second time around to keep that mindset of no AL once we have opened the door again. However it is not impossible and that plan is imperative for success. I kept a journal and took it ODAT. I never really understood ODAT until this time as I thought previously either you were a drinker or you were not. This time I have found the ODAT very helpful in breaking this huge task down into manageable pieces. To start I just focussed on every day and refused to think of future events or scenarios. Good luck and you can do this. The sober life is so much better than the alternative

Comment

Working...
          X