Hey Friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Friends!

Hi guys! I just wanted to drop in and say hi! It’s been a long time since I posted. But I am happy to announce that I have 1 year and 9 months sober.
    I hardly think about it anymore. My life is good, I am still surprised sometimes at how hard it used to be. I still get crippling feelings of deep shame when I think about how much I used to drink. Now, when I think about alcohol, I think “oh god no, that is bad” and I go about my life. Sometimes it’s hard, but not very often at all. I no longer fantasize about the occasional cocktail! Thinking about one drink just scares me so bad that I know I would wake up at 3am with devastation and self hatred. So I just wanted to pop in and say I’m doing well and I miss you guys!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Re: Hey Friends!

Hi, Nursie!!

You're someone I think about. I am so happy to hear you are happily sober. Thanks for checking in and letting us know!

xo
    Pav

Comment

Hi Nursie,I think about you often too and I'm VERY happy to hear that you're still cruising along and enjoying your sobriety and life
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nursie - great to see you. :yay: Very happy for you. :heartbeat:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Congratulations Nursie. Wow 21 months, when i read that i was very impressed. Doesnt seem like that long ago that you stopped to me. Time flies when you are having fun. So happy for you.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Nursie nice to see you. Great to see that your still sober. Just remember not to take that first drink. I know the feeling. I had a 7 year quit which I blew because I thought that I could just have just one. But I can't. And now I am at day 16 and I know now that AL can never enter my life again. I want my 7 years back but I got to work at it to get it back in 7 years.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good to hear you're well, Nursie. Thanks for the check-in.

Comment

It was wonderful to see your post. Even better to read about your progress. Miss you. xoxo
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                X