• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Evening

Just about to go for my nightly soak

MrsA- good job on the cocoa. What happened with MrA? Hope he's ok x

Oiche Mhaith D'Arsey -sure you're more than ready for sleep tonight x

Jacks what d'ya think is going on with your friend? You well deserve the break coming up - hope weather stays agreeable for ya x

Rustop sounds like a lovely day out yesterday. One place in Dublin I've wanted to visit for years is Kilmainham Gaol- will get there someday.

Hey Mary would be so honoured to have ye as a cousin! How's the training going?

Hiya to everyone else hope you all good?

Away to test the water, might be back afters but if not
    Night folks x

Comment

Trainings going good SweetPea (aka cous..), thanks for asking. Bit of an achillies problem, but hoping it wont get any worse. Hows the mouth doing??
      Kilmainham Gaol is worth a visit and theres loads of other stuff nearby. We visited Crumlin Road gaol last year.. really good tour.
      Never heard of an alphabet tour Rustop - I like the sound of it.

Hope your tucked up [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Read JC's X relapse post again in the morning. I know the treatment is tough for MrB, but you need to mind yourself too. Maybe get back to basics again and get yourself a plan this week. Get in the cocoa, munchies, a page turner of a book, whatever it takes. Keep checking in.

BRILLIANT work on 50 days RC!! :balloons:

Heading in the direction of bed, do not wake me up before 8 please - just because I wont have a hangover, I still like my kip (this is what I 'want' to tell my youngest ). Although you cant beat that I-am-not-hungover feeling, never gets stale.

Night..
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

V late checkin folks.
        :checkin:
        I've to see Kilmainham Gaol & now the Tenement Museum.
        Funny about The Gresham Rusty - when I was growing up it was the height of sophistication.
        My mother would say at home " where d'ye think you are The Gresham" ?? :haha:
        I doubt many Dubliners were ever in it in those days.

Comment

Good morning everyone. As you say Mary the I am not hungover feeling never gets stale, especially at weekends. The Graham is still lovely Satz. It has been taken over by RIU or some other such group. We ate in Toddy’s bistro. I had not been in it in over 30 years. Outside either Powerwashed or sandblasted so looks very well. Pity you could not say the same for a lot of the rest of the street. City council have a lot to answer for.

Nothing much planned for today. Hubby home from fishing trip so airport run. Need to walk the doggies first so better get a move on. Hope you all have a lovely Saturday.

Comment

Morning lovelies,

That was a late check in, Satz. No idea what you're talking about..........please can I have a history lesson on culchies? I get the feeling they're like Geordies. Hard to explain but with big hearts.

Mr JC running round with a tape-measure as we think just think we may have found a local place that can do front doors. He's doing dimensions. Don't want one of the big national,pay over the top firms that never leave you alone type of firms.

Whizzy, hope its a better day today. :hug: I'll have my phone with me all day.

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION].....wish I knew what my friend was up to. I'm hoping its a just a one off.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Morning lovelies,

That was a late check in, Satz. No idea what you're talking about..........please can I have a history lesson on culchies? I get the feeling they're like Geordies. Hard to explain but with big hearts.

Mr JC running round with a tape-measure as we think just think we may have found a local place that can do front doors. He's doing dimensions. Don't want one of the big national,pay over the top firms that never leave you alone type of firms.

Whizzy, hope its a better day today. :hug: I'll have my phone with me all day.

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION].....wish I knew what my friend was up to. I'm hoping its a just a one off.
              Spot on JC. Culchies are from the countryside, anything outside the pale i.e Dublin. Duliners are referred to as Jackeens by their country cousins

Good luck with the new door. Hate work men around the place. We had big job done 15 years ago and still have not recovered.

Comment

Good morning Troopers from a wet and cool Athens. The temps went from 30C to 14C in two days! Feel like I'm living in another country!

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] - huge congrats on 50 days!! It is so satisfying to see the number get bigger and to reach the small milestones til we get to the big one! Keep up the good work!

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - Mrs. A - so sorry to hear about Mr. A's health problems. Having been through similar with Mr. Stirly, I know how hard it can be. Wishing you strength and patience and positive thoughts that all will go well. Hugs to you!

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - thank you for asking - my friend is fine! He's coming up on 10 years sober on December 2nd and just clocked up 4 years NA on August 25th. So good that he is in my life. Some days he is the only one who makes me smile. And then mostly he makes me laugh. Good tonic for the soul!!

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - good to see you and to know that you are enjoying your holidays! I could use another one myself!

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - hope you are feeling better. I think all of us feel a bit low now and then with all that is going on around us but I guess we just have to plow through it and hope things will improve. Hope you can cope with it. Maybe something new in your life like a new hobby or activity - something to look forward to other than the everyday things like work and home. Just a thought - you will know best of all what you need.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - what the others said about your friend - . I don't like it when people ask me for money as I'm never sure just what it's needed for and for me to lend money to someone - it better be for something worthwhile like food or subscribed medication. Hope you enjoy lunch at Jenny's tomorrow!

Rusty - I wish I had doggers to walk but with working so many hours, it wouldn't be fair for them to be home alone. I still miss my Freddie and it's been over 3 years since he's gone. Hope you have a good walk. I know the doggers will enjoy it - they always do!

Satzy - thinking of you and of course young Satz. Hope things are all still going well there.

Hello! to anyone I've missed and wishing you all a positive day and an enjoyable weekend!!
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Evening,

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......where abouts are you? Two weeks on Monday 'til we get up to Loch Awe. It cannot come soon enough.

S&H off to Venice next week, him and his GF don't half get about. Young, free and hard workers.........they deserve it.

Going down to Jenny's for lunch on Sunday.

Who asked about relapsing?? I was a serial relapser from about 2002.......believe me I knew I was an alkie years before that. I drank to get drunk.Get a few weeks and sometimes even months then thought I could have a couple.......thought I was 'cured' but it got to the stage that each time it got worse..........there's something called the Kindling effect (have a google).......I was at the stage that nigh on each time I would need a medical detox..........four of them at a day centre. Never went to an in house re-hab because I was frightened the neighbours/family would know.

Words of wisdom for today............don't risk your sobriety for anyone or anything.
                  We have just come back from a wonderful week in Norfolk. East Ruston to be precise. Have had such a lovely time. The outlaws came with us and we did quite a lot of walking with them and the dogs. Back to work monday and quite looking forward to it ! Psycho boss has been asked to leave and will go in January.

I too and a serial relapser but never drank to get drunk. Hate being drunk too. Will look up the kindling effect.

Comment

Stirly, good to see you and seems that you are keeping well which is great!

Brit, sorry to hear Mr A is in hospital did anything happen or is it for treatment? My mums treatment sometimes put her back in hospital because it was so rough. I hope its not the same for Mr a/

Comment

I got up. Went for a run. Did a food shop. Came home, had lunch, sat down.

And, beyond getting up to cook dinner, have sat on my arse all day.

Zonked!

Howdy starty - glad you had a braw week in Norfolk

Comment

The doors were a quite simple and relatively pain-free and not hideously expensive .........in and out in 20 minutes............no hard-sell on whether we wanted a door knocker in the shape of a lions head or a door bell that played the Nationial anthem...........coming to do a proper measure up on Monday and fit them by the end of October.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]..........we'll be going out for lunch. Jenny's always been a superb cook but its a treat for her (actually its more of a treat for us).
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have a confession........I'm getting addicted to Strictly Come Dancing

Bacinabit got to sew a few sequins on my pyjamas...
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
                            I got up. Went for a run. Did a food shop. Came home, had lunch, sat down.

And, beyond getting up to cook dinner, have sat on my arse all day.

Zonked!

Howdy starty - glad you had a braw week in Norfolk
                            Well done :applause: Arsey on yer arse - love a day like that...

Comment

Evening all. Just a quick check In. All good here.

Comment

Originally posted by palo View Post
                                Evening all. Just a quick check In. All good here.
                                Evening Palo, hows it going with you??

Last time I was in Toddys bar, we had a voucher for Chapter One (posh restaurant). I was sooo looking forward to it. Pre drinks in Toddys bar, I was hammered and all I remember of Chapter One was trying to act sober. No idea what delicious food I had. Ate there earlier this year and had a fabulous night, without booze and remember every morsel.

You sound great [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]! Was about to put out a search party for you!
                                So [MENTION=17613]Jackie[/MENTION]Clare, are you doing a complete make over? I am jealous!

Wave to Stirls, Brit, RC, Culchies and Jackeens..
                                Big run tomorrow, foot on ice :culpability:
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X