Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    I wonder if you can still get Beecham powders.
    My father swore by them : I can still see him empty the powder in to a large spoonful of milk.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      And if you can get them the usual spiel from the pharmacist ..........are you taking any other medications? Are they for yourself? These may cause drowsiness. Read the instructions thoroughly. Do not drive/scuba dive/ fly light planes within an hour of taking them, keep out of reach of children and give me your PIN number while you're pretending to listen and you'll say anything to get away.
      As they have you tied to a chair with a light shining in your eyes :haha:

Comment

Updates on YS & Mother ( for those interested - the rest talk among yourselves)

Mother : still demented.
        Sorry - no actually she's in great form and seems happy as Larry ...... she uses a wheelchair now because of the breathlessness so I wheel her out and we buy ice-cream.
        Sometimes she's lazy - but I make her leave the room.
        My dopey brothers will go up - stand & say nothing and then she gets worn out trying to make conversation with them. FFS !!!
        If she's in bed at 6pm they'll leave her there - which I've told them is the WRONG thing to do. Eejits !!!

Young Satz:
        Still sober at the time of writing ... and attending meetings ..

Had colonic hydrotherapy today ..... so lovely & tired now ...... zzzzzzz

Comment

Good news today from Chez Satz so , glad to hear it. Delighted to hear about your colonic hydrotherapy.:welldone:
          Ive had a colonoscopy, maybe its similar?

Hows the holliers Molly?

Poor you pair JC and RC.. hope your feeling a bit better tomorrow. Im taking this horrific green stuff called spirulina. Seems to be doing its job, fingers crossed.

Later all
          Last edited by IamMary; September 4, 2018, 04:46 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Updates on YS & Mother ( for those interested - the rest talk among yourselves)

Mother : still demented.
            Sorry - no actually she's in great form and seems happy as Larry ...... she uses a wheelchair now because of the breathlessness so I wheel her out and we buy ice-cream.
            Sometimes she's lazy - but I make her leave the room.
            My dopey brothers will go up - stand & say nothing and then she gets worn out trying to make conversation with them. FFS !!!
            If she's in bed at 6pm they'll leave her there - which I've told them is the WRONG thing to do. Eejits !!!

Young Satz:
            Still sober at the time of writing ... and attending meetings ..

Had colonic hydrotherapy today ..... so lovely & tired now ...... zzzzzzz
            Typical the brothers - even now my lads almost expect to be entertained - one in particular just sits and makes no effort - sounds like you're doing all the right things for yer mam - great she's happy:thumbsup:
            And hopefully the young fella will stay on the straight and narrow!!

Hol is fabulous Mary - gorgeous hotel and the beach is 2nd to nothing - eating too much but other than that all is excellent!
            Orf to sleep now so night all xxxx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope JC and RC are on the mend. Agree with your Dad Molly, fresh air and exercise seem to do the trick. Neither myself or my friend who walk together ever seem to get a cold since we started.Glad you are enjoying the holiday. Great news Satz, maybe the letter got him thinking, long may it last.

Playing catch up today and meeting friend for walk and coffee later.

Comment

Morning,
                Think it might have been that I put the heating on Monday.....it was freezing, honest....its ducted air so it might have been a load of dust in the air.

Its been a few years now but Mr JC has been going up once a week to his Ma and Pa's to help with their garden. Its massive............before that Mr JC used to do the once a week duty phone call and to say it was awkward would be an understatement........now they are so relaxed with each other. There's been a big shift in their relationship and its just lovely to see.

Planning a holiday abroad for next June as Mr JC's 60. Got the S&H's girlfriend on it..........she's a whizz at finding bargains. Trying to get it booked now so he can put his dates in at work..........we had a doozy of a row a couple of weeks ago about him always being overlooked. While its lovely that he's so good natured this is absolutely a case of taking advantage of his good nature.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That'll be great and Ffs don't be lookin for TOO much of a bargain - in holidays imo the saying ' you get what you pay for' couldn't be truer - cheap hols are usually cheap for a reason!!!
                  I never scrimp nowadays on hols - if I still smoked or drank I truly could be on a permanent 5* hol!!!!
                  Who suggested the garden job? It's such a great idea - mind you none of my own were queuing up to do the grass when Joe was on crutches:egad: fell to jillys partner and me!! Lazy lumps:cuss:

Comment

I'll bet you a pound to a penny that it was his Mum.........she's as wily as a fox.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That's why I've left the looking for a holiday to the girlfriend..........she's a bargain hunter with 5 star tastes.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon --Thanks for all the good wishes re our 50 years marriage! Mr A been in a good bit of pain over the last few days but was able to enjoy our family weekend and did the canoeing, archery and eating.
                        Off tomorrow to France as I am doing a marathon on Sunday with my middle daughter and her friends. Mr A coming as well and thinks he might walk some of it!!

Comment

Good for him - all sounds more positive - speaking of France- loads of French folk here - men normal looking but the older women - way too skinny - all wrinkles and blueberries and tomatoes - do they not see in the mirror how much better they'd look with some flesh on their bones?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Good for him - all sounds more positive - speaking of France- loads of French folk here - men normal looking but the older women - way too skinny - all wrinkles and blueberries and tomatoes - do they not see in the mirror how much better they'd look with some flesh on their bones?
                            Nope.

Some of us are just a bit body dysmorphic that way :haha: (well i've been known to be). the brain is a powerful thing in what it makes us see. I like the blueberries and tomatoes description. Always liked the childhood description of old folks as shrivelled prunes.

My mum's close friend - she's about 70 - is all skin and bones. Looks like someone from a concentration camp she's so skinny - does;t help as she's a tall lady, but she used to have muscle and flesh to beautify the height. She's now always on an odd diet, she claims due to her arthritis... but not really sure it's helping, almost like she's orthorexic. Anyway, my paw - a man with flesh on his bones - looks SO, SO much younger than she does (he's 77 now). He has a warm glow in his cheeks that radiates life whereas she just looks...

I'm trying to learn more from my paw.

Comment

Evening folks!

Comment

Funny that Arsey - and yet I KNOW I look better with weight on despite being reared in a house where petite was EVERYTHING -

Comment

Working...
                                X