Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Happy Monday. :victorious:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      So went to some of the city parks yest. Had been to them with the kids before, except one. Very nice. Dd1 came over to get her mail. I couldn't think of much to talk about, I sometimes wish I talked more but oh well. Anyway, I have snapchat and instgram too but never use the snapchat, and instagram not much. The kids don't use fb much anymore, but I like it. My SIL and her family post a lot of pics, and I like to see those. I would really like to move up there and I think about it all the time. And I could. But I know I would not like being away from the kids. So this is good for now. Who knows what the future brings?.....Lizann, I had a friend who used to ask me about my drinking all the time.. About drove me crazy. I am watching the hurricane. Hoping we get some rain out of it...Nora, I am afraid my cats would not wake me up to go out. Did have one of them poop in the house when first moved in....well, guess I will head over to chat. I'm afraid to not go, as it keeps me on track....have a good work day all.....b

Comment

Bird - I say keep doing what's working. �� enjoy chat. I think that sounds good.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes bird, whatever works, I am not sure what you meant, you couldn't think about much to talk about? Here or with your daughter? Did your girls get upset when you drank? My son would get so angry. Then he went to an alanon meeting and his demeanor when I drank changed. I truly think that was helpful for me. Can't really explain why other than he was supportive. I guess your far south enough that you won't have any real effects of the hurricane.

Been so quiet here. Anyone hear from Pauly? I worked today, but no patients as the doctor was off . My coworker is having a very difficult time with her drinking husband. It is affecting her work and the way she speaks to patients. She is overwhelmed and can't seem to keep it together. The powers that be have spoken to her several times now. I feel bad for her, but what can I do? It's just so in my face.

Comment

I'm around Liz just mostly reading about everyone's goings on
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all

I did PM Pauly and she is fine. She's just been hanging out in the Abs thread mainly.

Is anybody here being affected by the hurricane? I just saw that Byrdlady is evacuating.

Liz - I know what you mean about the change in attitude helping you. I'm glad that he went to Al-anon. Sorry about your co-worker but not much you can do.
              How are you doing? are you still feeling down?

Rusty - where are you this week?

Bird - you might get some rain but nothing bad from the hurricane? I know what you mean about friends asking about your drinking. I don't need it in my face all the time.

Well - I keep thinking that we'll start having more visitors or regulars posting here. We better make this place more exciting so we get some posters. :horse::giggle:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Pauly. Good to see you :sendflowers:
                Last edited by NoraC; September 10, 2018, 07:46 PM.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                  Hi Pauly,good to see you...oh I meant I couldn
                  t think of much to say with dd1..or anybody else hahaha...damn hot here. Looks like we will get some wind from the hurricane only. It looks bad. I used to live in south Florida and they would just tear the place up. I worked for an awning company and it was overtime like crazy after the hurricanes. So thankful I am not doing that anymore..Lizann, my kids did get mad at my drinking when they were old enough to figure out what was going on. DD2 was especially hurt and angry about it for awhile, but as they got older, more compassionate. Too bad about your co worker. I wonder if her hubs knows it is affecting her job?...Nora, how are things in babyland? How is Molly?.....I hope they deliver my furniture this week. So done with waiting....

Comment

Good Morning, All!

Typing on my phone here...I am in Minnesota right now and will be driving home this afternoon.

Pauly-welcome home! Loved your pics on Fb. You looked beautiful!

Liz-Is there anyway you can say to your sister, “look… You don’t always need to ask me about my drinking. I got through dad’s death, Lucy’s death , and Mark’s move to England without drinking and I feel very good about that.” I didn’t know that Mark’s attitude changes when he went to Alanon. That is wonderful!

Nora-how is Molly?

Bird-sounds like you’re staying busy with your girls.

Big hellos to everyone else… I have got to get to work. Have a great AF. Tuesday
                    Last edited by Rusty; September 11, 2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Happy Tuesday
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,thanks Rusty but I hate my hair in those pics! I usually do a dark red but it fades sooooo fast so I figured I'd just do dark brown but it looks black,yuck! Bird,you sound like you're keeping busy,that's good Nora,thanks for the PM's like I told you I just don't want to be a thread killer and it felt like it for awhile haha,Liz,it's great your kids all get along so well,mine do too most of the time,I have Tuesdayitis! That trip just made me kinda sad to be back home and back to work,was supposed to invigorate me,change my tude but honestly just made me wanna stay on vacation haha,much love to all abd have a great AF day all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly. I'm ready for vacation too!!!:egad:
                          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - thinking of you today:heartbeat::heartbeat:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I actually thought how beautiful you look when I saw the pics
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PAuly, I always get depressed after vacations! I think that's probably pretty typical. Who wants to come back and go to work and the same old, same old? Glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about the red fading so quickly. I was a reddish for a bit too. I loved it, but it just didn't last.

Nora, I keep hoping someone else will come join us here too. Do you think we're just too boring? If you don't mind my asking, how is your mom? I'm sure you've shared, but I don't remember, I was talking to my mom about my dad and the whole sleeping thing came up again. Does your mom sleep the whole night through? Does she ever wake up and try to do things? For the most part I'm doing ok, thanks for asking.
                              Sometimes the tears just come, but it's not everyday anymore. Last night in bed i started crying, because I miss Lucy cuddling with me so much. Hubby was already asleep, so he didn't know.

Bird, so you have first hand knowledge of these hurricanes! I sadly do as well. I'm sure it will affect us somehow. Talked to CJ today and they are watching the next hurricane out there already. The govenor is already issuing warnings. Next update tomorrow at noon. She said no one really seems to be too concerned, yet, Joe is trying to secure their property, just in case.

Rusty, Minnesota again? Is it for the same client? Did you even take a vacation this year? I know how it is with hubby, he is self employed as well. You don't work, you don't get paid. How is your mom doing? Is she liking where she lives any better yet? Just thinking ahead for my mom. Right now she's ok to stay in the house, but who knows for how long. She is a young 87. I have told sissy exactly what you said. She acknowledges that and says she still worried I will start up again. I suppose only time can change that. Sometimes I don't even want to call her, I become resentful. Face to face we seem to be fine.

The days are just flying by. Logan keeps us on our toes. Trying to get stuff done around here isn't easy, but we're managing. I am helping a woman from church, she is giving her husband a 70th birthday party. She is blind and on dialysis (she's in her early 50s). Obviously there is a lot she can't do and she asked me to help. I'm like you Rusty, I enjoy planning a party. So that's keeping me busy too. Busy is good!
                              Last edited by Lizann; September 11, 2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Quick check in from me in case I can't get back. Mom is having one of her vocal nights. Not sure why but she hums/moans at times and this is one of those nights. As soon as I typed that she stopped. LOL
                                Liz - thanks for asking about my Mom. She is pretty stable at the moment. You know it goes in waves - she'll be bad for days and then she'll just plateau. She has been sleeping thru the night for months. It has been wonderful.
                                Hugs for Lucy. I am sure you miss her so very much.
                                I am sorry that your sister is making you feel uncomfortable. It does get better. It really does. She will stop looking at you like that. Maybe she needs to go to al-anon.

The baby came over this evening. :yay: My DIL texted me at work and wanted to know if we were up for a visit. I said YES. LOL So, I got to spend an hour or so just holding my baby girl. :goodgirl:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X