Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    Glassie - we're all anxious to hear details. How are you feeling? Were you feeling ok for your trip?
    The trip was amazing! (When I finally got there after being pushed through Sydney and Jo'burg airports in a wheelchair because my leg decided not to work - It's a good way to get an express route through immigration though!) Unfortunately my back did cause some problems, but nothing that couldn't be worked around, and everyone was very helpful.

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
    @Glassie, HRH is absolutely precious and looks quite grown up. Thanks for sending the picture, it made me smile and I got such a kick out of it. I wonder if these expressions are different in Australia? I think maybe sometimes you might be wondering what I'm talking about?
    Liz - you wouldn't believe how often I wonder what you're all talking about! :rotlf: I must be one of Google's top subscribers!

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
    thanks for the feedback on Lou in the women's bathroom,I see no big deal right now and if someone has their boy in there I have no issue,,,unless he's in my stall haha!
    And if they have an issue - that's their problem! Nothing is more important than keeping our kiddo's safe, and certainly not grumpy looks from the grey brigade!

There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Happy hump day!
      BIrd, hope the little boy is ok. Glad your furniture is finally there. Enjoy it.
      Glassie, sorry about the express trip through immigration. That's one way to do it.
      Pauly, feel better. It's not easy taking care of the little ones when you're not feeling well.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Pauly - I hope you're feeling better.

Glassie - glad they had the wheelchair for you. Might as well travel in style. You made me laugh about you wondering what we're talking about. That's the way I always was with the Undies and the Army threads. Every once in a while someone will throw something out that I don't understand. :rotlf:

Rusty - are you busy, busy this week? Do you have to work in the evenings after you get back to your hotel or do you get some free time?

Liz - are you feeling any better? Logan is so dang cute! I really miss Savannah when it's been a week since I've seen her. I might have to start sneaking over there by myself. I feel guilty about leaving Scott here with Mom though.
        How are things going with the woman at work who was having problems with her husband?

Bird - did you get your furniture set the way you like it? Is it comfortable? I'm sure much more comfortable than your lawn chair. LOL Our pool is green now so we'll be draining it and putting it away for the winter. It's small enough that we can do that. I'm still thinking that I would like a hot tub. They have portable ones that I'm looking into.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Have a great AF Thursday all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
            Still hot as hell here, it was 100 Tuesday and in the 90's everyday. Well that is just more pool time, I will think of it that way. Went to a state park yest I have never been to for a nice hike. Whoever got the idea for state parks had it goin on I say. Think I have the furniture situated for now, and it is more comfortable than the lawn chair haha...Nora, how is your diet coke thing going? I think the hot tub idea is excellent...Glassie, glad you had a blast. Sorry about the leg and back...marching band this aft and game tomorrow. Family weekend all weekend ant the kids school. Busy busy...

Comment

Good Afternoon, Friends!

Ahhhh…..I am home from Omaha and I have one day at home before I head to Chicago tomorrow for the day. I will relish every moment here! I am working on business tasks and then re-doing some of my Fall decorations. :-)

I just lost a long post so....UGH...so I have to turn this post into the condensed Reader's Digest version. I am sure you are all breathing a sigh of relief. HAHA!

Glassie! I missed you!! So sorry you started off your trip in pain and in a wheelchair...but flying through Immigration...but YESSSSS!!! Please let us know if we use an expression you don't understand and we will translate it for you. ;-) :-)
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-did you hear anything about the little boy who was injured? 6-years-old is WAYYY too young to be on a 4-wheeler for sure!

Pauly-I died laughing when you talked about not having a boy IN the stall with you. I thought of you yesterday...when I was at O'Hare Airport, there was a Muslim women with her two boys in the restroom with her and one of them looked like he was about 10. Nobody cared...I didn't care...they weren't peeking through the doors! Hope you feel better soon.

Nora-a portable hot tub sounds like a wonderful idea. My sister has one and she loves it....a SoftTub. She has landscaping around it so you can't even see it. She's on 76 acres so it's not like her neighbors could see her and BIL if they want to skinnydip. HAHA. Did you see Savannah last night? To answer your question, I usually do paperwork in the evening or I work out or both. Not too much free time...especially with these long commutes to Chicago. I am trying to practice better self-care and NOT work so many nights...or EARLY mornings BEFORE I get to my client's site. Thanks for asking, hon. ;-)
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-100 degrees in the humid south is stifling! Yes, stay in the pool until your fingers prune. So glad your new furniture is what you wanted and comfortable.

Liz-how are you doing? Are you CJ and Joe coming home for Thanksgiving???

Geez...did I miss anyone? Big hellos if I did! I am enjoying a lovely AF Thursday and I hope everyone else is, too. :-)
              Last edited by Rusty; September 20, 2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Hi all. Wonderful to have activity on here again. :yay: I will be back in a bit but I wanted to check in. I know everyone will be in bed or in Glassie's case at work before I get back here tonight.
                I've got some chores that I can't put off anymore. :haha: Mom has been having a rough couple of days. We just gave her some lorazepam so I'm hoping it will help her feel better.
                I will be back
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi guys. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], Chicago, how fun. I've been a couple of times and I happen to love it. But I'm a city girl at heart.
                  [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], sorry moms been having a rough couple of days. Doctors refused to give is lorazepam for dad. Afraid if would have reverse effect on him. We asked. How far away does Savannah live from you guys?
                  [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], sounds like a fun busy couple of days coming up. I guess you're using the pool a lot. We covered ours a couple of nights ago. Kinda bittersweet.

GLassie, are you dealing with some jet lag?

PAuly, hope your feeling better today!

Busy day today. The new girl at work shared some more about her husband, I don't ask, mind you, she brings it up. I let her talk and really offer no advice. I know there is nothing to be done. I just listen and tell her I'll pray for her, apparently this is a long standing problem. She had carpet put on her stairs so the next time he falls down it won't be so bad. He said he was bringing home a German shepherd and came home with a kitten night before last. She seemed to be in a much better mood, Just enjoying some Thursday night football tonight.

Comment

Rusty - I hope you had a wonderful day at home. I'm glad you are practicing better self care.

Which reminds me.......Glassie - have you been practicing self care? (or did you jump back into work as soon as you got home)

Bird - wow, you still have hot weather. Hubby started draining our green pool today. Ha, ha. It just wasn't getting warm enough anymore and then after a couple days of not taking care of it, the green started. Next year, we'll have it up earlier. I hope that band practice is fun. Sounds like you are going to be busy, busy. It sounds like you have a fun, loving home for your kids and their friends. :love:

Pauly - are you all better now. Are you hitting the 99 cent store tomorrow? We are going to have a caretaker come in on Saturday and a couple of our stops we plan are The Dollar Tree and The 99 cent store.

Liz - how are you doing? I'm sure that the sadness comes at you at times. :heartbeat: So much going on in your life in all directions. Take care of yourself.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Liz. Savannah is about 20 minutes to 40 minutes if traffic. It's not that far but sometimes that freeway is at a standstill. Did I already mention that they invited me over to see her today but I had to pass. But, maybe tomorrow.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - day 6 with no Diet Coke. I don't plan on stopping completely but I have managed to avoid it this week. So, I don't want to rock the boat.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora you should get a hot tub,it would probably help with the fibro pain,hope you get to see the baby today I hear you on the traffic! California is great and we had so much fun-except the traffic made it a pain to go places that I wanted to go cuz hubs would whine,Rusty,sweet that youre all decorated for fall,Kell already has Halloween decs up too,I'm waiting for October to do all that,this years flown by and it's odd to me that it's already getting to be fall,I had to order some stuff online for Christmas cuz we know that'll be here before we know,Bird,I love when you post pics from the band Liz,what's on for today? Glassy,tell us more about the trip! I'll never get to go to cool places like that so I live thru other people,LB's bf and his mom are in Italy right now,they just got there Wednesday,she could have gone but had to work,screw that! I'd have taken the time off to go,much love to all and wishes for a fabuloso AF Friday yeah!!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, I'm with you, I'd have taken off the time and gone to Italy! I have started Christmas shopping as well.
                              [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I guess the traffic by you is really bad! They say NJ is bad, but if you stay away from NYC and Long Island, it's manageable. Is it any better on the weekends? Enjoy her today, though.
                              Took Logan for a walk already. He enjoys watching the construction equipment across the street, where they are fixing the driveways. They know him already and stop and talk to him. He is fascinated. I am making apple dumplings today. Some of my fall decorations are out already.
                              Yes [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], the emotions come and go. I'm hoping it will get easier, but honestly right now it seems like it's getting harder. Mom is struggling with loneliness and a sense of purpose. Went to the doctor yesterday and she thinks I may have goiter! She recommended me to go to my primary and have it checked out.
                              Have a great Friday!

Comment

Hi all,
                                Lizann, I will have to look goiter up. The dumplings sound great. Nice of you to listen to the girl at work. Everyone needs someone to listen to them. Hoping you will feel better in time,...Nora, I think I will have to stop drinking cola soon. Too much acid for me anymore, and black tea too. I have a hiatal hernia and they aggravate it. Hope you get to see Savannah this weekend.....Rusty, have a good trip to Chicago...Pauly, I need to start my xmas shopping too. I want my kids to have a good one this year.......so a bunch of ants came to visit the cat food this morning..blah, they are all over outside. Headed to the game at 5;30. Having a cooler day 92 hahaha. That little bit makes a diff...have a good Friday night all....

Comment

Working...
                                X