Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Hi all,
    Yes Rusty, self care is so important. Thank you for reminding us. It is easy to get bogged down and overwhelmed with work and stuff. The Loft sounds good. There is a Hilton Garden Inn here I used to go to sometimes since it was on campus, but it was pretty steep. Then they built a Marriot across the road and I would stay there when it wasn't booked up. Otherwise I would do Comfort Suites or airbnb. So glad to be close now where I am not doing that all the time.....anyway Lizann, I looked up the kringle. It seems like they had those at the bakeries in Germany when I lived there. I was a kid so not sure I remember correctly. Good for getting rid of the wine glasses. It is always fun to me to clean out cupboards and arrange stuff.....Nora, sounds like you are getting some good family time in. You have me wanting a hot tub now. I have room on the deck. Sounds like your book might be about Elizabeth Smart. Is it?.......Pauly hello, Glassie too......I have my counselor today. Video chat, last time we did text but decided it was too slow. Had a nightmare about having to go back to my old welding job. It was awful. Glad that is over with. I may have to go back to welding some day, but it will not be there .... have been getting a lot of squirrels at one of my water stations. The cats try to catch them, but it is out in the open. The hunting isn't as good for them here, but they do catch many lizards and cicadas...well, off to start my day...happy Monday

Comment

Hey all,sounds like everyone had a nice weekend hope we all have a great week,much love to all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], thanks for the self care reminder. Sometimes we just get caught up in life and don't take that time. I will do it too. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], do you really think you'll go back to welding? My SIL is doing welding at an ail refinery in the Caribbean. He loves it. A very dangerous job I'm told. It is CJ and joes first wedding anniversary today! Can't believe how fast that year went. I know they are excited and happy and enjoying a nice dinner out.
        PAuly, glassie and Nora, hope your Monday was good.

Comment

Well I hope I don't go back to it, but I will if I have to. So Bruno caught a squirrel today after I said the cats weren't getting much hunting in here. It was a young squirrel and they took turns eating it all day. It was awful. My counseling appt was kinda blah. I have pretty much told her everything about my drinking history by now, and she isn't really telling me anything new. I'll probably go a couple more times and see how it goes. Lizann, congrats to CJ and Joe!....heading to bed. It is going to be in the 80s all week which is much better than the 90s!

Comment

Morning all. Have a fabulous day.:welldone:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua020
              Good Morning
              Hi there. Welcome.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening everyone. hello [MENTION=24261]Joshua020[/MENTION] and welcome here! [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], yea that is kinda nasty with that poor squirrel! Enjoy the weather while it lasts! Cold, rainy and miserable here today.
                Today would've been mom and dads 64th wedding anniversary. Talked to mom today and she wasn't having a good day. She's not one to be sentimental about birthdays or anniversaries, like I am. She is dealing with a lot of paperwork regarding Germany dads pension. It's not something we can help her with because it's his Germany pension and for us kids the language is definitely an issue. She's overwhelmed. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], did you get to see Savannah? I can't even tell you how much fun we are having with Logan. He's such a little ray of sunshine.
                Self care for today, I walked on the treadmill? I don't know, does that count? I ran a little bit and actually felt good. How's everyone else doing with self care? Oh and I went out and bought salon shampoo and conditioner! Love the way it smells.

Comment

Hello everyone. Did I post yesterday? I need to go back & check. I'll be back.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - :hug: Those anniversaries/birthdays always hurt a bit. I try to think of happy memories but I also get such an ache in my heart. Yesterday was my Dad's birthday.
                    I wish there was someone who could help your Mom with the paperwork. My in-laws are German but they don't speak it so I can't offer their services.

We had a really nice evening yesterday. It was great to see Scott's sister and her husband. I have really been blessed with a wonderful sister-in-law. And of course J&C and Savannah were here. She is so dang cute. She is holding her head up to look around. She is seeing & focusing on things more. She smiles now. Can you tell I'm in love? LOL

Bird - let me know if you get a hot tub. I keep going back & forth but dang it I really want it. LOL It's just a "cheap" blow up model. (Not cheap. Almost $400.00) We shall see.

I have not practiced any self care today. (Except still avoiding Diet Coke - does that count?) I think I'll try to do some yoga tonight.

What is everyone else doing for self care?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                        Went up to the H.S. this a.m. and measured kids for their concert band attire. It was ok. Then got a headache, I had gotten up so early. Also it is my birthday. DD2 came by for awhile I haven't heard from dd1 and it made me sad for awhile. She has never forgotten my birthday. I really wanted a beer, but I'm ok now. Watching a Rodney Dangerfield movie and laughing my ass off.....Lizann, the salon shampoo sounds good. Glad you got a little run in. I bet Logan is so much fun.....Nora, it is the blow up tubs I am looking at too. I wonder if the cats would pop it? Glad you are having fun with Savannah...hi Josh....well, back to my movie

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] :heartbeat: Happy Birthday

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRD!!!!!! I hope you had fun. xxxxxx

Hi all
                            I've been really sick for the last week, so my self-care has involved taking so many pills I'm rattling, and shoving steroids into any available orifices (from the neck up only you'll be relieved to know). I've been coughing so much I've pulled all my stomach and back muscles and it hurts to even smile.

But this happens every time I travel, so I just factor it in now. I'm just really grateful that this time it didn't hit until I got home!
                            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 26, 2018, 02:47 AM.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Quick check in for me. Worked half a day. We are going to a county food festival this evening! Don't quite know what to expect. Me, hubby Erin Logan, sissy BIL and nephew are going and I'm hoping we'll have a good time. My niece got the tickets from work and she's not even going. Logan got shots yesterday and he's a little off today, mellow and not napping this afternoon. Ugh, I hope he makes it.
                              Hope you're all having a great day.

Comment

Thank you all...Lizann, have fun at the food fest. Hope Logan can go.....Glassie, sorry you are ill. Hope you feel better soon. ...went walking out at the Indian mounds today. And went to Petsmart and bought some minnows and goldfish to put in the kiddie pool. I will make a nice place for the fish and maybe some frogs will come too. Going to watch Survivor tonight. Hope it is good this season......

Comment

Working...
                                X