Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Morning everyone or evening.

Have a happy, peaceful day.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      Well I have some cards finished. It was easy enough, just getting around to doing it is hard for some reason...so there was a possum out eating the seed under one of the bird feeders. I walked right up to it but it didn't run away. Don't see them in daylight much. Have been out cutting wood all morning and a fire going.....Nora, hope that doesn't require surgery. The pony sounds cute.....Pauly, hope Lou gets to feeling better....Liz, I left my phone in the cart at walmart theother day when we had gone for the funeral. Lucky the guy who brings the carts in turned it in...they call the carts buggies here. Always thought that was funny....

Comment

Bird - my Dad always called the shopping cart a buggy.

Not the best day today so about to kick back with my racy book and turn off for the day. But, at least now I can say that it's less than 2 years until I'm going to retire.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How was everyone's Thursday? Late check in for me. Car and garage door problems. Long story but we've been working on it all night. The garage door seems to be repaired but we finally figured out my car battery is dead. We thought hubby unprogrammed the key fob when he went to program garage door opener my car is a hybrid, not an easy feat trying to find a replacement battery. I'm just exhausted. Hope you guys had a better day!

Comment

Oh Liz hang in there :cuss: :hangingmonkey:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all - quick check in.

Nora my darling, you are the anchor that keep this thread going. I so hope little Savannah is OK - I'm sure she will be!

Love to you all.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I will be praying for little Savannah! I can image her mom is worried. I know I would be and did worry about everything with the kids. Please keep us posted. Today we have the Internet and can research these things. I'm think maybe that causes more anxiety. Back in the day my hubby had all these medical books, he had to hide them from me cuz I would look things up and ultimately always made the situation worse. You've got a lot going on. Wearehereif you want to share. How is mom doing?
                GLassie, good to see you. How are you feeling?
                PAuly, I have miss you. I hope you're ok. I am worried about you.
                Bird, how are the cards coming along? Are the girls done with school yet? Did you get any of that bad weather? [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], how was your week? Do you have a lot of time off for the holidays? Do you have snow yet?
                Planning on baking today. Hubby is on the phone tracking down a battery for my car. The dealer wants 3 times as much.
                Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Comment

Hello all. Happy Friday.

Liz - I agree with us googling too much. I finally stopped. They should hear something today.

Gladys - good to see you!
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Let us know:hug:

Comment

They are supposed to hear this morning. I'm just sure everything will be ok. I'm pretty anxious but staying positive.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Afternoon, Friends!
                        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]:hug:have you heard anything about Savannah??? I don't blame you for worrying, and yes, sometimes, Googling is the WORST thing you can do. Please let us know. We all care here.

Hey Pauly:hug:I hope you are not feeling sad and defeated. I know Friday is your day off and I am praying you did something kind for yourself (not drinking).
                        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you got all your cards done? WOW! Good for you! I am jealous! Thanks for the post about the Day 1s. So pertinent to our thread.

Hi GLASSY!!!! Gladys....Dr. Glassy:yay:
                        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-was your husband able to find you a new battery?

What is everyone doing for the weekend? I will be with my mom tomorrow afternoon and then I drive to MN for work on Sunday. My niece and her family live right near my client so I will have dinner with them Sunday night.

Big hellos to everyone I missed. Happy AF Friday!!!

Comment

No word yet. I assume that they just thought they would get a call this morning? The last time I heard from C was at 11:00 am.
                          I'll let you know when I hear.

What is everyone up to? I will be frantically trying to buy some presents. LOL Just kidding, I'm not stressing about it. It's just going to be a very small, quiet Christmas. So, I'll just get a few things.

Here is my excitement of the day:
                          Don't know if I told you all of the backstory: I left my Kindle in Carlsbad. It had slipped down between the bed & nightstand. J&C were supposed to go down for the rest of the week so they could get it for me. Well, the really hard rain came and then Casey's car broke so they ended up not going. That Thursday I got a call from the hotel talking about my check out date and mentioned some flooding and our room was affected. I said that was fine that we were not going to be able to return after all so everything was fine.
                          I finally got my Kindle back today and I was so excited. It was safely wrapped in bubble wrap and I grabbed it up so happy. I rushed in to the bedroom to plug it into the charger. As I opened the case, the most foul odor you could imagine. It was disgusting. Scott walked in and said it smelled like a sewer. :eeew:uke:Obviously the flooding involved more than a little rain water running under the door.
                          The case has been thrown away and the kindle has been wiped down with alcohol. YUCK!
                          The
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - sorry that you caught the kids bug. Hope you feel better right away. :radiate:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty, thanks for asking. Tracked down a battery and it should be in stock tomorrow morning!

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - :heartbeat: :hug: I know that this is a hard year for you. Sending you lots of warm hugs to make your heart smile.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X