One Step at a Time - December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Lizann :hug: :heartbeat: :hug: Blankie fort is up and ready for use.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - you are such a great mom. I hope that you have a good trip. I think it's a good idea that dd1 is staying home this trip. The poor thing has been so stressed out lately that this would have just been more anxiety for her.
      I hope that you enjoyed your wfs chat.

Liz - I'm really sorry that you have had a day like this. I'm sure it is extremely frustrating to be dealing with hubby right now since he is so stressed. :hug: You already are having a hard time with everything, you really don't need this too. And then to have to deal with Mark and his friends where you have to put on a happy face. I say f**k it and let's get in the blankie fort!
      But, seriously - this is a big deal. This is a sad time and a different time. It's ok to mourn what you are missing. Come here and talk to us. We understand.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,big hugs! Was gonna post that to you last night but had Romeo on my lap when I was reading and it's just too hard to post anything with his grabby hands going allover haha,you're doing a great job of dealing with all that's gone on this year in your life,it's ok to cry those tears Bird,yep,think it's wise your girl just stays home,no use putting herself through any more potential stress,Nora,loved the hot tub pics the other day,it was cold here so I couldn't imagine being wet outside haha,Lb will be flying in tomorrow yippee! She's been stressed about money cuz she just bought a new car,hope she's able to unwind here,waves to Rusty and Gladys,hope we all have a fab AF Tuesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You guys are so kind and I so appreciate being able to vent here. I feel like people think I should be ok by now and mostly I am. It's ok to have the occassional break down.
          Pauly, I so get have the little one on your lap and trying to use the. Computer. I seriously have like 2 minutes now before the little man realizes I'm on the iPad!
          BIrd, have a wonderful time. So nice you keep the fridge stocked for the girls.
          Nora, the blankie fort is exactly what I need. I pulled out the coloring book and gel pens last night.
          SKendall, sorry about the fall and Peggy too.
          Went food shopping today and had to buy yogurt for the baby. Wouldn't you know someone left a 1.50 off coupon for exactly what I needed right there in the refrigerator section! Not a big deal, but brought a huge smile to my face. Some bodies looking out for me.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I hope that everyone has had a happy day.

Pauly - I'm so excited for LB to get there. :yay:

Liz - I've been feeling the urge to color lately.

Did Rusty say when she was going home? I think that today was the day that Glassie had to turn in her thesis? I hope that Bird is having a great time.

Heard back about my ultrasound - enlarged liver/fatty liver. Treat with lifestyle changes - exercise, food, weight, etc. So, guess who is going to get healthy? :egad:

But, the excellent news of the day is that the kids heard from the Doctor. Everything is fine. No issues with Savannah. Just watch her and they'll see her at her regular check up in February. Now, that is happy news.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Sorry to be MIA. I leave for home today after work. I have a 4-hour drive. I will be OK.
              [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I am sorry that hubs snapped at you and told you to go to a meeting. That was not very nice. I am sure he regretted saying that but did not want to admit it out loud. The holidays are the WORST time when someone is in mourning as you are. I think you are holding up amazingly well. You are such a trooper and I am proud of you that you did not drink.:thumbsup:
              [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-WONDERFUL news about Savannah. Ahh...you will change your diet and your liver will be fine. I know you...:happy2:
              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...loved the picture of Lou on FB. What a smile! Just like his Nana. Lucky boy! :-)
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you really roll with the punches when it comes to your daughters and their challenges. Have you used your recently acquired drum set lately?

I am doing fine. Mom is well. I am having a dinner party on December 26th. I was delighted. It was a spur of the moment idea. I invited 5 people via FB Messenger and within 15 minutes, they all replied that they would love to come. :-)
              [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]... I am sending you Christmas cheer. Thank you for being in my life. Anyone I missed....Happy AF Hump Day!!!

Comment

Morning friends,Nora I'm thrilled that Savannah is a-ok!!! That's great news sorry for the news about the fatty liver,I'm actually quite surprised cuz you gave up booze for a long time,you don't eat meat which are two things hard on the liver,did they give you instructions on an eating plan or something? Terrible time of year to try and eat healthy boo! Rusty,you sound so happy and full of energy! I was just gonna ask about your mom this morning,glad she's well,drive safe Liz,Bird,Glassy hope we all have a nice AF Wednesday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the holiday wishes, Rusty. I hope you and your family, and all Steppers, have a joyous season.

If you hadn't drawn me to the thread, I might have missed Nora's new challenge (which unfortunately I know about - our young son-in-law already is dealing with it and happily, getting it reversed).

Anyway, Nora, here's a couple of articles for you to consider if you're interested:
                  Cutting back on carbs could help treat fatty liver disease
                  Low-Carb Diet to Treat Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - Does It Make Sense?Doc's Opinion

I'm so glad the worries about your granddaughter have been lifted! That is the greatest gift of all! xx, NS

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].
                    I will definitely check those out. I think a lifestyle change is in order. I certainly need to eat healthier!!!@osteroops:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora. if i's any consolation my blood test in hosp showed liver damage. However 3 yrs of being on tylenol 3 x a day was the culprit. Take care.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                        I will definitely check those out. I think a lifestyle change is in order. I certainly need to eat healthier!!!@osteroops:
                        Well, you already made the most difficult diet and lifestyle change :smile:! I was thinking about how if you were still drinking, you would blame the alcohol and be beating yourself up over that. It's so nice that you can be confident that that is not the cause of the problem. One bit of good news is that fatty liver (but not cirrhotic liver) can recover very rapidly as soon as what you eat quits signalling it to make and store fat. I'm guessing that your blood triglycerides might be on the high side, too. If so, the dietary changes can fix that, also. Bonus!!

Comment

Nora, so happy that things are ok with Savannah! What a relief. Will they be coming over Christmas? I, too, had/have a fatty liver. That was a few years ago now and the doctor told me it is totally reversible. I was drinking at the time. You'd think that would've gotten me to stop, yeah, no.
                          Rusty, drive safely. How exciting your dinner party. I know how much you enjoy entertaining. What will you be making? May I ask what you serve to drink?
                          bird, you pictures on fb were so so nice. Loved the hiking one. Hope you're enjoying yourself.
                          Pauly, is work busy now?
                          Got out of work a little early today. Which was nice. Watching a movie with hubby, not hallmark. It's an action movie Mark saw on the plane and recommended.

Comment

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the information and well wishes regarding the fatty liver. I just need to get my act together. And NS, you are so right that I would have been blaming the alcohol.
                            I know that I haven't been taking care of myself. I've been really hurting with the fibro pain and just can't seem to break that cycle. I'm sure if I had a healthier diet and managed some type of exercise, that I would feel better. So, this is the beginning of a new chapter of this journey I am on. It's not going to be easy but it can't be as hard as quitting drinking. LOL
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
                              Nora. if i's any consolation my blood test in hosp showed liver damage. However 3 yrs of being on tylenol 3 x a day was the culprit. Take care.
                              My Doctor told me to avoid using NSAID's like Advil, Aleve, ibuprofen in excess. So, I can understand why you would show liver damage. So many drugs have been developed that help in some ways but harm in others. It's hard to know what to take.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I hope that LB got there safe & sound. Enjoy your time together.

Rusty - how fun that you have an after Christmas dinner. Sounds like a good time.

Liz - nice that you got off a little early today. Hope you have a relaxing evening.
                                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - thinking of you :heartbeat:

Not much happening here. My friend at work got so upset that she almost walked out today. Sigh......same old thing. She turns 60 in February. I have a feeling that my friend will be leaving in the next year. When the lease is up on her apartment, I think she will be gone.
                                Besides that, I had an ok day.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X