One Step at a Time - December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Just a quick hello. I am sitting here in overwhelm mode which means that I am doing nothing. In the past, I would be in overwhelm mode with a drink in my hand. Boy am I glad that I don't drink. I am picking one item at a time and going to get thru a few things on my list to do. One Step at a Time, right?

I will be back after I have taken are of a couple of things. nthego:

PS - Someone came in the office with 2 bottles of champagne for my boss. To this day, my eyes were drawn to that bottle. That pull.......out of the clear blue! Luckily, the thought of actually drinking alcohol makes my throat close up and I gag. So, that's a good thing.
    Last edited by NoraC; December 22, 2018, 03:41 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      Did a 5k this morn with dd2 and she went so fast I was huffing and puffing the whole way. Also I think I got shin splints, damn they hurt. Anyway we were certainly close to the back of the pack, but still got some medals, as there just weren't many in attendance. Dd2 and her bf came by this aft for a couple hours. I have eaten so much chocolate I am sick. I really wanted a beer but started in on the sweets to stop it. Not the best idea, but it worked.....Lizann, glad you had a good time with Mark and hubs......Rusty, your Mr. Grinch drink sounds good! That is a tragic story about Tammy. So sad. And the girls did have fun in ATL.....Nora, sorry for the overwhelm. Take some time for yourself. Forgot to say, I had a friend too who got fatty liver and was a non drinker....well, gonna watch some tube.

Comment

Rusty, how sad about your friends father. Awful really. That grinch drink sounds wonderful! If it weren't so late I'd get the ingredients to make it. I remember for Erin's baby shower I couldn't find green sherbet anywhere! But it sounds really fun!
        Bird, those shin splints really hurt, but good for you for doing the 5K. We have done a bunch too and they're fun once they're done:applouse:
        I've been eating lots of chocolate too.
        Nora, definitely the time for anxiety to kick in for sure. I'm trying to keep one step ahead, though. Had to run out for two more unexpected gifts today. My nephew i and niece are bringing their finances. I don't really know them, but I figured I should have something for them to open.
        Pauly, yup that card was rather inappropriate for someone not that close to you. What are you getting the boys for Christmas? Erin doesn't really want too much stuff for the baby as her place isn't really that big. He doesn't really know what's going on anyway. He's content with my hairspray or his diaper cream:eek-new:
        Off to finish some more of my to do list, like Nora. Hope you all have a great AF night.

Comment

Rusty - I think that is really special that you are there for your friend. What a terrible thing to happen.

Liz - I bought the baby a riding pony that I'm sure will be staying at my house. She is too little to use it yet anyway. They don't have room for everything I want to buy.

Bird - I am so impressed with you running that 5K. Wow! Ouch about the shin splints.

Pauly - what does Lou want from Santa?

I was able to take care of several things today and I wrapped most of the gifts. I have to run out first thing in the morning and get a couple of items and need to stop by the grocery store. Then I can chill.
          [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - if you see this message, just hit the 'LIKE' button so we know you are around. :heartbeat:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Sunday....I absolutely have to paint!! later

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday. Going to church in a bit and then I hope to have lunch with mom and my kids. Dan is at a football game. Woke up feeling very anxious today. Hubby has been dealing with some health issue as of late, a huge trigger for me. I just needed to vent here. We are getting older and things do tend to come up, I just need to figure out a way to deal with them.
              Hope you all have a great AF day.

Comment

Happy Sunday to you Bird have fun painting! Nora,Lou wants a drone? For some reason haha,I just got him a light up drawing pad,racetrack,hatchimal and a few other things he'll play with for 5 minutes and they'll end up in the toy closet haha I got Rome a rockin robot toy that looks pretty cute,it plays music and lights up I'm sure he'll like it,we all went in and bought hubs a $400 smoker/grill,,,,he better use it often!!!! Have had awful anxiety this week and I'm over it Rusty,that is sad about your friend,my goodness the things people go through without going bananas is just awful,not sure how I'd cope in that situation,hope you can give her a bit of happiness Liz,it'll be fun for you to watch Logan open some things up,,that's the best part! I think we do it more for us than them haha,looks cloudy outside,I hope not cuz then I get in a pissy mood! Made about 4 dozen cookies yesterday,the chocolate chip didnt turn out like they usually do,think it's cuz I didnt use my beloved Country Crock butter stuff, the sugar cookies look great though,much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Liz,,hope hubs is ok,,vent to us if you need to,I'll be around most of the day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello Steppers. I have not been around much, but you have all been on my mind. We were on a long trip through Europe, then New York for a writers conference, then Santa Barbar & Mexico for my cancer treatment. Things are good. My tumors have shrunk. Minimally, but progress. I had my port catheter removed so I can ski without fear of tearing that out of my artery . So, lots of good vibes and intentions going into 2019.

Wishing all of of you, a very Merry Christmas XOXO
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great news Techie! Wonderful news and great to see you

Comment

Techie - thank you so much for checking in. You had said you were having problems, so I am very happy to hear that there are good vibes going into 2019.

Liz - hate to hear that you are having anxiety too. Sorry that hubby is having health issues. That is stressful.

Pauly - so cool that you made cookies. I never used that crock butter until my DIL was living here. Now it is our regular.

Bird - did you finish your painting?

I hope that everyone is spending time with their loved ones. :heartbeat:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

That's so funny, I use country crock now too. My sister left it over my house a few months ago. I finished it and now I'm hooked.

Comment

Good morning and Merry Christmas (eve). We will be going to Christmas candlelight service tonight and then everyone will be back at our house. We got a Christmas package from CJ and Joe a few days ago. Much to our surprise another arrived this morning with lovely gifts made on the island. Yeah that got the tears started, definitely feeling melancholy but will put on a happy face. I put on my pretty red Christmas big girl panties and will deal with it:congratulatory:
                            Have a wonderful day everyone!
                            Last edited by Lizann; December 24, 2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,how nice to get some cool,unique gifts try to just focus on the kids and baby,we always want to just appreciate the people around us,I know it's hard but at least you do have them,have anxiety again this morning,stupid stuff! I'm gonna pull out my panic to power book and start reading it for realz this time cuz I've heard a lot of peeps got a firm grip over their anxiety with that book,Nora,are the kids coming over for Christmas? Bird,how's the painting coming along? Rusty and Glassy,I'm sending my love wishes for a happy AF Christmas Eve to all!

Comment

Liz - laughed at your pretty red big girl panties.

Pauly - good job on trying the panic to power book. I had never heard about it - I'll have to look it up.

Positives of not drinking: I know what I wrapped. I wasn't concerned with smuggling in bottles with presents that I bought. I don't have the guilt and remorse and self-loathing.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X