December Army Manoevres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Well, there's a sight for sore eyes......... [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] and our Elsie.

Just having a quiet hour.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]............I'd be hung from the Christmas tree if I forgot to put the turkey in.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........interesting about the non-drinking brothers. When you get a minute do tell why.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Embrace this day all and fill your soul with peace....Merry Christmas!

Good to see you Tabbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
        Yuletide felicitations to all my Army friends.
        Oi! Come back!!!
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A Merry, happy, wholesome, sober Christmas day to all. The best thing I have done all year is come back to MWO and all of you.
          A very pleasant sober Christmas was had down here. Enjoy yours.

images.jpg
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Merry Christmas Army!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...right back at you, sweetheart.

A quiet hour before bed. Its been just lovely, gentle, peaceful and full of laughter. Santa was very generous
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...right back at you, sweetheart.

A quiet hour before bed. Its been just lovely, gentle, peaceful and full of laughter. Santa was very generous
                Same here JC, still stuffed to the gills. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Great to see you back Tabs. Night all.

Comment

Evening,
                  Im still stuffed and we ate at 5!

So, we got caught red handed by the youngest who woke up mid santa delivery! AHhh.... thankfully shes a good imagination and we pieced together an elaborate story about me scaring off santa before he delivered the rest of the presents.. It was his jingle bells that work her up apparently. The brain believes what we tell it.
                  Otherwise, it was a lovely day.

Night all XX
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                    Yuletide felicitations to all my Army friends.
                    Great to see you Tabbers, how are things?

Comment

Reporting in from Boxing Day while you all sleep.
                      The truly productive part of my holiday will start tomorrow. Today is lounge day in front of the air conditioning. We are set to get 35 degrees by Thursday. It's already over 30 today.
                      I streamed two movies today: Crazy Rich Asians and Book Club, both of which are absolutely abysmal.

Funny you know, I was very clear with everyone weeks ago that this year's return to drinking was an aberration and is now over. Sparkling apple juice was served at Xmas lunch and people still assumed there was alcohol in it because I was serving it. Then I went for 'drinks' last night, once again hauling a lifetime supply of apple juice only to have a bottle of champagne slapped down in front of me with a challenge issued. A family member bought me a bottle of vodka for Xmas which really confused me. Now I'll have to re-gift that along with all the wine and mead I received from work. I just looked at it all in befuddlement and disinterest, so that's fine. People must think you just say these things for effect or something. Why is it so hard to believe?

Anyway for those brave souls entering the fray for Boxing Day sales, I salute you (and think you are mad as a cut snake) Stay hydrated!
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Think instead of Boxing day we should re-name it Re-gifting day.
                        [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........swerving like a ice-hockey player there, Jonesy, :happy2:

Another household for lunch. Even my brother and his missus.......so thats nine humans and 4 dogs. He's got two border collies. Just leftovers and a few nibbles and a fecking great chocolate bomb thing I forgot to get out of the freezer yesterday.

Best get on.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Left over day here too and a nice walk with the doggies. Started season 4 of Peaky Blinders last night, love Cillian Murphy:love::love::love: hope all are well and check in if you get a chance.

Comment

Evening,
                            Almost a veg day. Walk on the beach and a couple of kids things. Leftovers too - the microwave will be the only kitchen item in use everywhere for the few days.. Of course, eldest son has demolished ALL the stuffing.. again.

Reading The Skin Nerd - its good. However, theres still a lot of chocolate left, so I need to read slowly or eat quickly.

Comment

'Tis the day after Boxing Day - which means it's fecking over at last.
                              Back to life! A serious amount of pottering to be done around here.
                              I think I'll start with a new front door and lock so the brother can't get back in.
                              Started watching 'You' on Netflix last night and it might have legs. Creepy but good.
                              I can check in whenever I want to for the next 12 days. Bahahahahahaha...................................
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thats Freedom Bridge!
                                Can you add an extra lock, instead of going to the hassle of changing the locks.. all you want is a deterrent. Or a sign: Brother, Do not enter.

On the family members giving you drinks, its only taken my folks 3 years for the penny to drop. Yes, I still dont drink!! no malice in it, I suppose so many around them are on/off the drink for various reasons, they dont take much heed, unless its articulated in a more dramatic way.
                                Last edited by IamMary; December 26, 2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X