• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    Morning from tomoz!
    Sneaky check in from work.
    Sweety! Where are you chook??!
    Hope everyone is going well. I've had it very easy with the cravings and side effects and feel better and better every day, especially since I introduced exercise (and I can't believe I just said that) I think I just passed 6 weeks today and realised last night that there is a bottle of wineish stuff sitting at home that I forgot about.....I just can't believe that. I will get rid of it just in case but it was a shock to see that there. Wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes six weeks ago.
    Better get back to it.
    Well now Bridge, thats something to be VERY proud of. Manky stuff... plenty of bottles here at the moments, but Im immune to them now, well, I hope I am.

Must have passed you on the road [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]... Im usually over there for some pickup/drop off in the evening. Hope Rosie enjoyed it!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      I've ordered a hat from a girl over there who makes them in her house. For the 'wedding of the year' on Jan 1st.
      Is it that soon before Jones and me tie the knot? Crikey! better start scrubbing behind me ears. Thanks for the heads up Satzy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning,
        Getting my hair done this morning...........sooooooooooo looking forward to it. Having a bit of a me day.
        Finally got the lights on the trees. We've always had fake trees as we've always had dogs. Didn't want pine leaves in their precious little paddy paws. Actually bought a new one for the living room and putting it up it just didn't look right. Too small, too new, too smart. So we got the massive wonky one and has one branch that constantly drops off that used to be Ma & Pa in law's out of the loft and its just perfect. :heartbeat:
        Best buy of the season are these empty wine bottles someone had the clever idea of putting mini lights in. Got them at Poundland and don't half look canny in the conservatory.

Got my cherry cola in as its my favourite and gives me umpteen opportunities to sing.........THE KINKS LOLA BBC-Top of the Pops -197 - YouTube . Mr JC is well aware that if Paul Rodgers isn't available, I'll have Ray Davies as my next husband.........keeps him on his toes.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Hope you had a wonderful day JC. Yourself and Satz will be beautiful for the big day. DidnÂ’t realize it was so soon Bridget and Mr G, must go shopping, lol. Working week over so more decorating on the agenda. Also getting my hair done in the morning. Miss IÂ’m a celebrity, need something new to watch. Very quiet on the boards these days, hope the MIAÂ’s are o.k,

Comment

Evening... quite day here, but sure you'll have that some days. Hope the hairs are gorgeous Rustop and JC!! Im booked in for Friday morning.. I hate the week before Im getting it done.. its as if the hair knows that its getting the chop and will not play ball out of spite.

Jan 1st is a great day for a wedding. Whats the date for the down-underers?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all - late :checkin:
              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] you are doing great and you 'sound' very content.
              PLUS your husband-to-be is even washing behind his ears :egad: true love !

Off for the weekend to Co Wicklow for a hike & some craic ....
              YS has promised not to drink & take care of Rosie .... I had refused to go after the eating broken glass debacle :cuss:.
              It's only one night but I will not tolerate him not looking after her properly.
              Jesus I think I gave my kids to anyone who'd have them - but my Rosie needs special care :heart:

Comment

Trees are done. Except the angel for one of the top of tree has unfortunately broken her neck. I may come over all Blue Peter and try and make a star. Did some wrapping. Hair's lovely and swishy. Beyond tired.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........I would let passing strangers look after my two children......well not quite I at least knew where they lived With Bess, I have to have them police vetted and Super-Vet approved. When we go away now, we give her the brochure and let her pick.

Nighty night, lovelies. :hug:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone and a wet one it is. On the plus side I got a walk in and just having a cup of coffee before I go get my hair done. Christmas cards all written last night and most of the decorating done so I am feeling a bit more Christmasy. Enjoy your walk Satz, it’s food for the soul. My fur babies are booked into minders already for February. She looks after them in her own home. Daughter was a bit jealous, she reckons I have more stuff for them for Xmas than I have for them and rightly so :happy2:

Comment

Afternoon, just back from the airport seeing my Aunt off to Boston.MA. She'll be spending Christmas and back in the New Year with her son and wife and the twins. She's got to change flights at Heathrow and their computer went down. She's a nervous travellor to start with thought she'd have a dicky fit but its all good now.

Had a mooch around the shops just up the road with my cousin and now a hot chocolate. Freezing up here in the North.

We've bought a bottle of Pawsecco for Bess. I know, I know its ridiculous.
                    Last edited by JackieClaire; December 12, 2018, 07:40 AM.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well good arvo.
                      You've sent us the rain you buggers, although got to say my garden was dry as a chip and this will wet it down for weekend gardening.
                      Very strange experience yesterday. I had a long coffee with a woman who was my best friend when I was quite young. I haven't seen her for 30 years and she lives in the UK now and oddly does the same sort of work as I do. She was always the most confident of the two of us. She's led a much more productive and positive life than I have, although she didn't gloss over the ugly bits either. She must have had an influence on me because I've dreamed about her over the years - not often but at pivotal times - and oddly just before I came back here and gave up booze again.
                      Again, it's very strange how people come back around you at certain times. If I'm honest, I thought twice about meeting her. She looks (much) better than me, could outstrip me in most things and has certainly done more with herself without alcohol gobbling up years of her life, but I just decided to extract from the experience some things which might motivate and help me, and I certainly did that.

I bet her new man doesn't wash behind is ears quite as well as mine does though.:happy2:

Now I must get comfy with a coffee on this rainy afternoon and have a good read back.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Glad you had nice catch up Bridget. They say people come into our lives for a reason and remember you never know what is going on behind anyone’s door. You are a pretty amazing lady too. Have to say the rain has its advantages, really enjoy wet, windy day with fire on reading or crocheting. Sounds pretty windy here this morning. Need to get up early as am driving SIL and BIL to airport so better get a move on.

Comment

Morning,
                          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........the universe works in a mysterious way. Never fails to amaze and puzzle me at times. Just my thoughts but she came to you when you needed her most.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......I've got an easy day here..........apart from wrapping and doing the Christmas cards but it doesn't feel a chore as Mr JC taking the last day of his annual leave so getting him doing the run around the shops thing. Also decided an Indian takeaway tonight.

A must see. Absolutely joyful and poignant.
                          Old People's Home for 4 Year Olds: Christmas - All 4

Painter and decorator arrived spot on time YAY!!! but he doesn't do wallpapering Boooooooooo!!!!. To be honest, having a bit of trouble wrapping my head round that.

Shout out to Satz, Running Courage, Cirly-Wirly Stirly girly.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Had a loooooong day yesterday - had a post ready ... but fell asleep & slept like the dead...
                            I saw the Pawsecco Jacks - but Rosie is under age :egad:

I was on FB and purely by chance I have met with Rosie's brother's mammy. What a small country this is !!
                            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - don't compare yourself to others - you'll always come out worst. That is because we see only the good bits in others & the bad bits in ourselves.
                            You dealt with what you were given and did a brilliant job - and you still are ..... :hug:
                            I haven't met you but you come across as a witty, intelligent, laid back lady .

MrG is a lucky lucky man :thumbsup:

Comment

Evening.
                              I saw the Pawsecco Jacks - but Rosie is under age :egad:
                              :haha:

MrG is a lucky lucky man :thumbsup:
                              Second that.

Our poor Jenny has a chest infection and got sent home from school. On anti-biotics. Poor lass is picking up all sorts from the kids. She'll have to build a new immune system.

With Mr. JC having the day off have managed to get a load of stuff wrapped & tagged. Christmas cards are done and posted. Got the poinsettia ......its a beaut. Now got screamng back pain. Treat for a good job jobbed a takeaway curry.
                              For some reason, I keep thinking Christmas day is next Tuesday and start panicking because not a sprout is peeled.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You lot are hysterical. Funny though, it seems to be a function of middle age that you can just look at people that you were once competitive with and just think 'good on you love' and move on. Mentally I'm much happier at this age without all of the insecurity of being young....even with the booze abuse. But then again I was abusing alcohol from a very young age as well so......

JC I have never heard of a P and D that doesn't do wallpaper. Especially in the UK, you seem to use more wallpaper than us and that other stuff that has a pattern to it, then you paint over the top. What's it called again??

I'd love to know what happened to the rest of my girl's litter @Satz. I know two boys came this way but have never seen them. Is the brother close enough to have a play date?

Only a few days of work left until holidays - max 5, hoping to take a flex day and cut that down to 4. I'm setting myself some gentle goals for the two weeks. Going to walk pupper every day I can and pretty up the house and garden, also known as pottering, my favourite thing.

Ok, off to work. The sooner I get there the sooner I get home. Rinse. repeat.
                                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; December 13, 2018, 03:27 PM.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X