Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Morning,
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........I like what you're doing there. Hope you've got a bean bag to go in a corner for just sitting doing SFA.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........Rosie is training you well We were very lucky that when we went away I have a good friend who would look after Bess. She had a rescue greyhound so knew the ropes. Jenny's pupper goes into kennels when she's away. Buddy loves it. Might be a better idea.

I'm running a bit of a temperature and so tired.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I was youtubing Christmas music yesterday and came across this little gem! Any chance they'll be doing background music at the wedding [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]?

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        I was youtubing Christmas music yesterday and came across this little gem! Any chance they'll be doing background music at the wedding [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]?

Hola troopers.

Funny you should mention king and country Cowboy. I was only speaking with Luke from the band last night. They've put their hand up for the gig along with Tom Jones, Mariah Carey, and Thom Yorke. The phone's been running hot and i must admit, it's all becoming a bit stressful. Reckon we'll just have Tracey Chapman over by the pool.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] that was great.
          I also love the Bing Crosby / Dave Bowie version - cheesy but always brings a tear.
          I think I've said this already this year - but I'm old - and allowed to repeat myself

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Hola troopers.

Funny you should mention king and country Cowboy. I was only speaking with Luke from the band last night. They've put their hand up for the gig along with Tom Jones, Mariah Carey, and Thom Yorke. The phone's been running hot and i must admit, it's all becoming a bit stressful. Reckon we'll just have Tracey Chapman over by the pool.
            Too right MrG - keep it low key.

Comment

Evening all. Another mad night out there. Glad you made it home safe Satz. So glad to be finishing work tomorrow. No matter how much you do, there always seems to be something else. Getting eyebrows done after work and then IÂ’ll have a few days to finish up, night everyone.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..fantastic choice..........I shall provide the waterproof mascara.
                [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]..........I can do a pretty good Maggie Belle if pushed.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].just for you..........
                Bing Crosby & David Bowie - "The Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)" - YouTube

And we cannot get away without this one............The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York - YouTube

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........must get mine done or they'll be going to get done on their own.
                Last edited by JackieClaire; December 17, 2018, 04:38 PM.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Loved that [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  And we cannot get away without this one............The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York - YouTube
                  Talk of bleeping out an offending word. Thought Shane Macgowan responded very well, seems to have put an end to it.

Lots of Dog conversation going on here. Im not an animal person and think I'll be rubbish as an owner (couldnt even keep the cats alive this year!). Kids just tell me that they will do everything,.. anyway, maybe it will fade away.......
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    Lots of Dog conversation going on here. Im not an animal person and think I'll be rubbish as an owner (couldnt even keep the cats alive this year!). Kids just tell me that they will do everything,.. anyway, maybe it will fade away.......
                    Good morning everyone. Mary from one Mammy to another, do not believe a word of it. You will end up doing
                    the vast majority of the work. When madam brings all the rescues home I end up helping out and she is an adult . Puppies are adorable but they are a lot of work. Blowing a gale out there, did not even attempt to bring the doggies for a walk. Having a nice relaxing time in bed before I start the day, this time of year is depressing, dark going to work and dark coming home.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

I've just listened to this now. Wow, pretty damn good! Enjoyed it. Thanks Cowboy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning,
                        Its miserable out there and I have to go out but thank goodness for the wonder boots.

I heard this for the first time just a couple of weeks ago and honestly, it brought tears to my eyes. Yep, I'm a bit late to The Greatest Showman.

A Million Dreams Lyrics - YouTube
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=abcowboy;1756276]
                          I was youtubing Christmas music yesterday and came across this little gem! Any chance they'll be doing background music at the wedding @byebyebridgetjones and @Guitarista?[QUOTE]

PMSL ....Why the hell not, The Stones are busy.

If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Rustop, I give up. What is that thing sitting on your head up there? Is it a bird sitting on a dog's head? It's been baffling me for weeks now.

I must say, I do love black Bess' Christmas avatar there JC.

Quick check in tonight as it's late. A couple more days in the zoo and I'm free for 2 1/2 weeks. Oh boy am I going to relax...then I'll check in much more often. One of the many great things about being sober again is picking up all of my little interests and hobbies. There's so much to get into after work every night. I've barely got time to sleep :happy2:
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              I heard this for the first time just a couple of weeks ago and honestly, it brought tears to my eyes. Yep, I'm a bit late to The Greatest Showman.
                              A Million Dreams Lyrics - YouTube
                              We only watched it on Sunday night, so your ahead of me! Although Ive heard the song. Lovely movie.

Thanks for that advice [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. I'll be back for more if matters warrant it!

Bridge, well said, Ive no idea how Id be able to fit in drinking now. Running there with my buddy, shes a normal drinker (gave up when we were marathon training), but struggling now to keep it together over silly season. She's seen the light and cant wait until January!
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone. It’s a little baby chick Bridget. Reminds me of what goes on in this house. Our Goldie used to go into the pen with the rabbits and they would bounce all over her and lay on top of her. You are right Mary, our sober selfs are enjoying life and our hobbies to the full. I have rediscovered reading, taken up crocheting, hill walking and Netflix. Taking a neighbor to the hospital this morning for chemo. She was a smoker for over 40 years and it has caught up with her. Makes you appreciate your own health.

Comment

Working...
                                X