Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    On a lighter note...........my dress arrived for the summer wedding of the year............Nightingales Cornelli Dress and Shrug | House of Bath

Its gorgeous on.
    Very stylish, JC, and not at all like the matronly offerings for the groom’s mom in some of our dress shops!
    I love how it looks both with and without the jacket and the color is beautiful.

Comment

On a lighter note...........my dress arrived for the summer wedding of the year............Nightingales Cornelli Dress and Shrug | House of Bath

Its gorgeous on.
      Love it!

Comment

My opinion for what it's worth [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], you'd best send the dress back! I think it's a rule that the bride is supposed to be the prettiest gal at the wedding! lol
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 29, 2018, 09:21 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
          My opinion for what it's worth [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], you'd best send the dress back! I think it's a rule that the bride is supposed to be the prettiest gal at the wedding! lol
          Good grief Cowboy ..... what a lovely thing to say....
          Praise indeed Jacks ....

Comment

Its gorgeous on.
            GORGE Jacks .... :heart:

Comment

Failed royally on the sugar today.. and will do tomorrow. But definitely on for it [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. We seem to be going to a lot more social dinners this Christmas and the idea sitting around a table and looking at 4 different cakes for 2 hours and NOT eating them - seems absurd now, but thats exactly what I do with drink. And thankfully, mostly I dont bat an eyelid anymore.
              And can I just say, drunk people are bloody tedious. I was obviously wearing my 'listening attentively' face this evening, and was stalked around the dinner table as I made a couple of attempts to move seats!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              Mary, I do use a lot of fake sugar and I'm sure it is the devil's work. I reckon, like Satzy, I'll do this in stages and cut it out slowly. The fact that I can actually stop at 2 of those ball things tells me it is absolutely the sugar.
              So do I, especially in drinks. Diet tonic, 7up free etc etc.

Im going to have a look at that program NS posted (re-posted by Satz). Someone I know whos 9 years sober and very much an AA person, eats chocolate by the bucket load and would be very much against giving it up - on the basis that its better than the alternative. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that??
              Last edited by IamMary; December 29, 2018, 07:08 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check in......got very tired and sickly....fine now......ended up watching Secret Life of Pets.......brilliant

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Made me blush.....:sweet:

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Good grief Cowboy ..... what a lovely thing to say....
                Praise indeed Jacks ....
                Made me smile

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]@NoSugar......thankyou. Wanna know the best bit?.......got it for half-price.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] thats a stunning dress. Will you do a hat or hairpiece?

You can still play the New Years resolution game, but for consuming high calorie food not reducing sugar :wink:

Comment

The secret life of pets IS brilliant :happy2:
                    Night..

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] thats a stunning dress. Will you do a hat or hairpiece?

You can still play the New Years resolution game, but for consuming high calorie food not reducing sugar :wink:
                      I'm in

Defo a hat.........I love hats. Not one for fascinators........I like a proper hat. I even try on hats when I don't need a hat. I've seen both my kids and Mr JC wanting the ground to swallow them up when I get in a hat department.

The sugar thing........early days reckon its fine in mho....if you can do both fine but those first few months should be concentraing on absolutely no alcohol....I did give L-glut a try at the beginning but didn't half make me feel odd. I piled weight on with the chocolate and ended up at Slimming World. Weird thing is I'm a savoury person.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; December 29, 2018, 09:11 PM.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Someone I know whos 9 years sober and very much an AA person, eats chocolate by the bucket load and would be very much against giving it up - on the basis that its better than the alternative. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that??
                        It sounds to me [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] that this person hasn’t made the effort to learn and develop new ways to meet his normal emotional needs that he first drowned with alcohol and then stuffed up with chocolate. Like [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I think choc/sugar/carbs can be a really useful tool in the short run for many people. Long term, however, they’re just another easy, addictive way to escape. One of the best things about MWO for me have been all of the discussions about how to develop new and better ways to handle stress- to truly (and bravely) live our lives with all the ups and downs, eyes wide open. Alcohol and sweets for me were the easy, but not totally effective way to try to avoid all of that. That said, if I were close to taking a drink, I would first have a cookie :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          Oi! Come back!!!
                          Bridgeypoos!

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Great to see you Tabbers, how are things?
                          Hi Mary, I'm ok thanks, still an alkie believe it or not....
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                            Bridgeypoos!

Hi Mary, I'm ok thanks, still an alkie believe it or not....
                            Well, come on then, what have you been up to?
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous dress JC, How exciting.

Re the sugar thing. I'm just worried that the sugar consumption might ultimately cause grog cravings. Added to the fact that I can ill afford to out on weight. Sugar is so much like alcohol though - seems like a good Idea when you've got the cravings happening but after a binge, Oh me gord you feel horrific, and tired.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                                It sounds to me [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] that this person hasn’t made the effort to learn and develop new ways to meet his normal emotional needs that he first drowned with alcohol and then stuffed up with chocolate. Like [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I think choc/sugar/carbs can be a really useful tool in the short run for many people. Long term, however, they’re just another easy, addictive way to escape.
                                I agree choc/sugar/carbs is a useful tool in the short term. It was for me. I NEVER had a sweet tooth until I stopped drinking.
                                Now I have let it get out of control and far from being an benign alternative to alcohol - sugar also wreaks havoc on our bodies. Type 2 Diabetes, overweight, liver damage, gut damage.
                                Sugar has also been linked to some cancers - that literally feed off the sugar :egad:

Comment

Working...
                                X