descision time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

descision time!

Hang in there love, you are doing good .....

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

descision time!

hey thanks, good advice an nicely put, how long were u a rehab councillor, would u do it again, my bf never knows if im drunk or not, like u said its easy to lie, i cant remember the last time, i had a hangover, i just constantly top up , i just rang up for the job i was offered, start mon morning, thats less time doin my own head in , just hope i not took on too much, thanks 4 the advice, i am listening even if it dosent seem like it, im goin over it all the time,
      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

descision time!

Hi again Rachael...this is an hour by hour day for you!!!i really feel you need professional help..why not make a doctors appt and just go and pour it out to him/her/

Have you tried AA ?at least its someone on a phoneline to talk through your issues isnt it??

you may need need some psychological support and medication to get going on AF for a while. honestly your though processed will be so much clearer if you can get a few days AF marked up.

hope you get the help you need Rache....thinking of you

cassy

Comment

descision time!

thanks cassy, i WILL phone drs i will try em now, usually u got to call by 8,30 am, but if i cant get thru 2day i will try 2morr, theres no point asking 4 advice, if i dont act upon the replies is there, thanks 4 the kick in the arse xxxxx
          :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

descision time!

If it takes a kick in the arse, Rachel, then see me kicking!! lol

To answer your question about my post on the other thread, which I have now updated to include some of this info), I was a counselor for about 8 years... It was extremely rewarding and also very draining.... During the early 1990's when the AIDS epidemic met the crack problem, my job became increasingly exhausting...it was before some of the more successful AIDS drugs had been developed and many of my clients were literally dying overnight. Babies were being born crack-addicted and HIV positive... I lost a number of good friends to drugs and alcohol and AIDS...

But when I went back to a corporate job, I found it totally soul-destroying and I started drinking again. Even though I eventually made a decision to return to school and do more social justice work, I had started the drinking/drugging cycle again and it took me ten years to break through the denial that I was really okay despite what I was doing....

Hope you've made that call!

s
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

descision time!

Rachel,
              You`re here, and you matter very much to all of us. I really praise you for trying so hard to cut down. Seems to me that you are in a pretty bad way with the booze, as all of us are to a greater or lesser degree as the start of our recovery looms.

It does seem that you are physically dependent upon the drink, whereas my addiction is purely psychological. However, I couldn`t possibly know that until I tried to stop, and I was afraid to try and stop as the thought of disturbing withdrawal symptoms terrified me. My G.P. gave me librium to help me withdraw, but ultimately I decided to do it without medication, as the thought of taking librium also terrified me. So, I toughed it out cold turkey, and was fine/no physical withdrawal symptoms. I drank each and every night, but only 1 btl. of wine.

As you drink considerably more than that, I would urge you to be careful. I think you would greatly benefit from confiding in your G.P., as although I was embarassed to tell my doc. the truth about my drinking, I found him very supportive when I did. All I`m saying is that all of us here care about you, and if my experience is anything to go by, your G.P. can make available to you the drugs which will see you withdraw safely.

As someone here has already said, you are so very young. Please don`t be sitting here with this struggle like me, at 42. You and your wee boy deserve so much better.

I wish you all that you wish for yourself,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
              X