Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Bridge, you should plant something awkward for that psycho to find. A love poem about a colleague or a freaky Victorian doll (dressed up as herself)
    Oh God I pmsl when I saw that.

Gay Ian and I have decided to empty all of my draws and take it all home. If it's a public space then it should look like one so all of the posters and nice things are coming down.
    Then we are going to print four A3 sheets with 'Fuck off Kim' on them and line the empty draws. If she sees them she also has to admit that she's been riffling again so I've got her.
    I will basically amuse myself at her expense until I find something else. The idea of a Victorian doll or a likeness of Kim herself has me interested. Perhaps a poppet with a pin through it's head?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Oh God I pmsl when I saw that.

Gay Ian and I have decided to empty all of my draws and take it all home. If it's a public space then it should look like one so all of the posters and nice things are coming down.
      Then we are going to print four A3 sheets with 'Fuck off Kim' on them and line the empty draws. If she sees them she also has to admit that she's been riffling again so I've got her.
      I will basically amuse myself at her expense until I find something else. The idea of a Victorian doll or a likeness of Kim herself has me interested. Perhaps a poppet with a pin through it's head?
      :happy2::happy2: Bridget, love it. Old bat deserves it. How are you today JC? Visitors arriving so better do a bit of tidying before they arrive. Sun seems to be shining so hope to get a walk in at some stage. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire
        Who supports the supporter? In AA a sponsor has his/her sponsor and that sponsor has their own and so forth.
        And what actually is long term sobriety? A year, two years.....20 years?
        Interesting topics for a discussion I think. I almost posted my reply on the UN thread to get everyone’s input, but decided since it started here, I’d leave it here.

Who supports the supporter? I guess that ties in with long term sobriety, or amount of sober time. I like to think that even the person who is starting on Day One is able to support others while looking for support as well. We’re all here supposedly supporting and looking for support, but at some point do we no longer need as much support as we did in the beginning?

I like to think that I’m pretty secure in my quit, that I don’t need a lot of support to keep it intact. So then why do I log on to 3 support forums everyday? To give back, that’s why. To try to help and support others with less sober time than me. That’s not to say I might not need help and support sometime in the future though. I’ve been through many trying situations in the past 4 years and didn’t pick up drinking again but I know I haven’t been through everything that is going to test my sobriety so there may come a day that I’ll need to call on others to help get me through a situation that makes me want to give up on my sobriety. Bubba and my kids support me everyday, not necessarily getting me through a difficult time, but reminding me what sobriety has done for me. I guess the answer for me as to who can support me lies in what kind of support I’m needing at the time…

What is long term sobriety? You’ll probably get lots of different answers depending on how many people you ask. From what I’ve read, they say 5 years is an important milestone as your chances to stay sober is decidedly better. But is that then considered long term sobriety? My definition for myself is quite simple, anyone with more sober time than me has reached long term sobriety because I’m not at that stage yet. I always liked how my Uncle put it, whoever gets up first in the morning has the most sober time because sober time is only made one day at a time…
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          MONDA - WEDNESDA [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - please try to keep up :haha:
          Cheapskate so :smiles:
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
            I always liked how my Uncle put it, whoever gets up first in the morning has the most sober time because sober time is only made one day at a time…
            I like that Cowboy.
            And i think that by helping others we are also helping ourselves. Reiterating positive words, reasons to stick with it, keeps it foremost in our minds.

Comment

I will basically amuse myself at her expense until I find something else.
              You will need to install a camera to see her face. Oh and if you could get a really loud alarm saying FUCK OFF KIM too.

Comment

Where are you today [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]?? You doing ok?

Comment

Morning All,
                  I wasn't here for the great debacle of two years ago because I left after the great debacle of 5 years ago. What that lead to was the great debacle that lead me back here in yet another drunken mess.
                  Sorry Bridge but :hahaha:
                  I think I slept through all debacles ....
                  Last edited by satz123; February 17, 2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    You will need to install a camera to see her face. Oh and if you could get a really loud alarm saying FUCK OFF KIM too.
                    And flashing red digital signs that say 'Fuck off Kim' on the entire digital security network. Every monitor. And maybe the signs on the expressway adjacent to us instead of 'lane closure' :harhar:
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry Bridge but :hahaha:
                      I think I slept through all debacles ....
                      I don't know how. It was going on backstage at one point too. God.
                      Funny, these days I'd just block all offenders and carry on.
                      Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; February 17, 2019, 11:06 PM.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

JC must be still in bed hiding from the interlopers.
                        Got to say, I think there is potential in this NAC supplement that I've been taking for cravings. Working for sugar cravings also. Haven't worked out yet if there is a cumulative effect ie: do you have to take it for X amount of weeks to reach peak efficiency. Haven't had time to read up much on it.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all - off on my jolliers for 2 days :horse:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Here's a lively one if you want to partake but most people have rather sensibly ignored, like I'm wishing now.

I've just read this JC - what a load of bollox. What is the actual point ? To get 'drunk' without the consequences ?
                            Then it brought me to this :
                            Las Vegas IV Hydration Clinic & IV Therapy — Hangover Heaven IV Hydration(R) :
                            FFS I've seen it all.
                            Last edited by satz123; February 18, 2019, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Morning,

I've just read this JC - what a load of bollox. What is the actual point ? To get 'drunk' without the consequences ?
                              Then it brought me to this :
                              Las Vegas IV Hydration Clinic & IV Therapy — Hangover Heaven IV Hydration(R) :
                              FFS I've seen it all.
                              You have to be fusking kidding me. You're right now I think I've seen it all.
                              I'll have a read back in a minute just wanted to say happy mini hollingdays, Satz. :hug:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

First update on MIL...........she's decided to find out how serious it is. We also think its got something to do with the fact she wants a nosey around at the hospital she was chief nursing officer at. God help the doctor she gets.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]:hug:.......in AA a newbie is invited to share as soon as they're able usually within just a few months. Most are fresh and excited and its a reminder of why we're doing this......mind you it must be last November since I was there. Trouble with me is I don't go out after dark so its usually women's meetings and there's a bit too many candles, incense, dimmed lights and sitting on cushions for me. I'm all for sisterhood but what's wrong with a game of footie or rugby.
                                Oddly enough there are no men-only meetings......no idea why.
                                Its a bit like here we learn from a newbie just as we do from an oldbie.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......."I always liked how my Uncle put it, whoever gets up first in the morning has the most sober time because sober time is only made one day at a time"…exactly.
                                One of my favourites is ...........we haven't come across a situation that would make us drink........yet?

Does it stop you from acting like a total arsehole as well?
                                Apart from making me laugh out loud just made me think trust an Ozzie to put it so succinctly.

Last thing, thanks for the kind words.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X