Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Hi all
    Glassie, what are you going to do with your time? Liz, Logan was looking cute on fb. We will never have a snow day here hehe...Nora sorry your screen cracked. I did not know about the 60 thing. I was married to a guy when I was in my early 20s. He died and I never remarried. Maybe I won't have to wait till 62....so the seeds I bought are carrots, lettuce, radish, cukes, squash, I forgot what else. The cats think the garden is a giant cat pan so I have to do something, maybe a fence.....went out today at the witching hour. Just thought Id try it, so sick of being tied down cuz Im too afraid to go out at that time. But I did ok.

Comment

Hi all, I am stuck here in Canada until tomorrow because we had a blizzard yesterday and today. Exhausted and off to bed. Waves to everyone and I’ll try to post tomorrow.

Comment

Hello everyone - I just spent the past 3+ hours setting up hubby's new computer. With him being frustrated every step of the way because it's different. He took it into the bedroom to play with it. LOL

Pauly - hope you are doing well. How are the boys?

Glassie - how is HRH doing? Growing up so quickly I am sure. I am still working on the perfect RELAXATION plan for you.

Bird - Good job on going out tonight at witching hour. I think it's worth checking into the Social Security. I don't know anything about it and my friend hasn't applied yet. But, her friend has already done it.
        I love radishes straight from the garden. Well, actually I love most things straight from the garden. I know what you mean about the kitty box. We used to plant in another area but that's where the cats would go and also where we had several of our pets buried. Found out that you were supposed to wait so many years (3 maybe?) when the soil has been contaminated. So, we are preserving a little area and I hope we get to plant at least radishes this year. Yummy.

Rusty - be safe out there. I hope you get some good rest.

Liz - I don't have the energy to run after a toddler every day. I don't know how you do it. That was one expensive shipping charge but I understand completely. I once paid overnight shipping on a package to get it to my parents by Christmas. Paid more on the shipping than what was in the package.
        Oh there are things that I like about my job. I usually am happy just doing my job. You only get to hear about the awful parts. Ha ha

Min - hope you don't get put off by the time difference. We are still here for you.

Off to get Mom to bed. She has had a not so good day. Nothing really bad but just anxious and weak. And then I am taking a few moments to chill. Glassie - I am going to have to teach you how to do this. Just chill.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Thursday
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
            Rusty, sorry you got stuck. I wondered if you would, I saw it on the news....Nora, sorry your Mom had a bad day. I know what you mean about the job. As much as I hated mine, it did have its good points. I like to grow radishes as they don't take long or take up much space.....I was thinking how the cats have a routine. Meow always plays with cat toys after she has breakfast. Pinky heads out to the bird feeder and Bruno goes to sleep. It is pretty much the same everyday :love:..was reading the WFS boards this morning, someone talking about a guy named Kevin O'hara, he has a youtube called AlcoholMasteryTV, seems pretty good. I had never heard of him before. So much good stuff out there. Alcohol is becoming like cigs, people are discovering that hey that stuff is really bad for you and all these commercials are bullshit.....off to start my day, in the 30s now but will be 65 by days end....happy Valentines all....b

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Valentine's day Steppers!!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day :heartbeat:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!:heartbeat:

My flight was delayed by about an hour and a half but now I will be taking off in just a few minutes! YAYYYY!!
                    [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]:heartbeat: Glassie-wow, what an adjustment you'll have with all this extra time. Your grandchildren could probably keep you busy.

Time to board.

Waves to everyone and I will be home tomorrow so I will post!

Comment

Happy Valentines Day! A little melancholy one for me. It's CJ's birthday and I miss her. I am hoping Joe pampers her today! Her FIL is visiting again for a month and she is less than happy about about that. They were planning on going out to dinner. It is also my parents and older sisters 62nd anniversary arriving her in the US (they immigrated here from Germany). Mom always made a cake to celebrate the occassion. She did make one today and we will celebrate, but for today she decided to celebrate and reflect alone. She wasn't sad, but I sure was. We will celebrate Sunday!
                      Rusty, sorry you got stuck in Canada. I'm glad you're safe though. You just seem to let all this weather and inconvience roll off your back. Just go with the flow. I'm coming back as you in my next life.
                      BIrd your weather sounds lovely! I'm glad you did ok going out during the witching hour. Definitely something I do too. I purposely confront the triggers, if given the chance. It makes me feel stronger when I have barreled through. Next time it will be easier.
                      Pauly, I loved Louie's hair! Man, I would've loved that for Mark when he was younger! I guess it grows back quickly though?
                      Min, I hope the time change doesn't keep you from being here with us. Just don't give up, OK?
                      Nora, I knew there had to be something you liked about the job! BIrd, I don't mean to pry but do you have a lot of time before you turn 60? Don't answer if you don't want. Sounds like you might be planning to work again at some point. Radishes are a new favorite of mine!
                      So did anyone do anything special for Valentines Day? I bought myself a valentine day sweater (half off). I figured I birthed a baby on this day (a very difficult labor and delivery, I might add) I deserve a fun treat. Yay me! We had cake while factiming CJ and I made hubby heart shaped lobster ravioli. :heartbeat:
                      Last edited by Lizann; February 14, 2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

((((((((((Liz)))))))))) Great big hugs to you. This has to be such a bittersweet day. Celebrating such happy life events mixed with the sadness of change.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

We didn't do anything for Valentine's. I stayed home from work. Have had a hard week pain wise and Mom has been anxious.
                          I did watch the move Dumplin on Netflix. I thought it was good.

I always liked to run out to the garden and grab cucumber & radishes for dinner. Oh, plus jalapeno and serrano chilis. Yummy.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            Went up to the falls today, was gonna fish but it was too muddy. Took a thermos of soup for my picnic. Some flowers blooming now. Saw lots of wild onions. Been doing a little cooking, which I haven't done for awhile cuz it is a huge trigger, but feeling better some.....Liz, lotss of emotional stuff happening for you today, good deal on the sweater, always nice to have a treat. I will be 60 in Sept 2020. I don't really want to go back to work, at least not what I was doing.......Rusty, have a safe flight...Nora, I need to switch to a different computer, this one is sounding bad. I have my friends computer but I haven't wanted to deal with the switch yet. He didn't have anything on it but email and facebook, so it is pretty much new.....really sleepy tonight, trying to make it till 10...

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] I’ve not heard of the place he is in. You can get PB here. My kids have it. Maybe he doesn’t like the brands we have. They also do cashew and almond butter which my kids love. I worked in America for five years and at my work leaving do a colleague made me some PBJ sandwiches. My kids have it here now. It’s considered a weird combination here.

Bright spring day here. Preparing for the weekend and usual kids and house stuff. I’m doing okay. Tapered down this week and hope to keep going. Switched from the hard stuff to a few glasses of wine. It’s not where I want to be so I’ll keep going. Reading lots of threads and my old posts to keep me motivated.
                              One thing I noticed was in my last quit I didn’t need to post as much. I just set my mind to it and was done with it. This time I feel I need more support but all the threads are slow. It seemed more active when I was here on MWO in 2011/2012. So much so I would have pages to catch up on. I don’t know. Maybe it was as it is but I didn’t come on as much so it felt busier.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] sorry about your work. Hope it goes better for you.
                              [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] take some time to chill. Sounds like you need it. Find a good book or series. And as Nora C says BREATHE
                              Pauly, Rusty and Bird. Hope you’re all well.

I’m off to shower and then read some more before kids get home and all breaks loose!

MinStar

Comment

Morning friends [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] it was busier back then,sadly now there's really only a handful of people left but there's still valuable information here that gets posted Liz,sounds like you had a nice day yesterday yay! Rusty,hope all is settled with the blizzard,wacko weather this year everywhere that's for sure Nora,hope all is well,Glassy,cool you'll be getting a grandson in July? They're the best Bird,sounds like a nice outing yesterday for you,I'm jealous! Wishes for a fab AF Friday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X