One Step at a Time - March 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - March 2019

[MENTION=651]SKendall[/MENTION], how are things with you? I know you popped in for fennel, but good seeing you here. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] my turn to be chatty today:welldone:

Comment

Happy Friday all,
      Rusty, tell us about Vancouver!...Liz,I heard the shingles are awful. Good Mark got back to London ok. So far away..maybe if hubs goes to the Keys you could have a very fun time with Sissy. I know I'd be ordering food and watching tv and having my favorite AF drinks. Maybe hubs doesn't think about you drinking anymore. Are they going fishing?....well dd2 is only gonna be in NY 2 weeks. It is some study thing she applied for and pays her pretty good too. They will fly her up there so I don't have to worry about her driving up. And yes, I am very proud!...not sure what I am doing today, walking somewhere at least. Still wanting to go to the beach, dd1 said it took them 2 1/2 hours to get to Savannah, said it would probably take me 3 since I drive so slow hahaha.....Nora, Glassie Paulie and everyone stopping in, have a good day

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I got home about 1:30 AM Thursday so yesterday, so yesterday, I was exhausted and just relaxed. I went to my first appointment with the acupuncturist, who is helping me relieve lower back pain. I felt incredible relief after just one session! :-)
        [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-you made me laugh so hard when you thought Liz's mother was actually buried and she had to dig her out. LOL I take it for granted that you understand what we are saying. I feel that way with The Army Thread. I don't understand what they are saying half the time. We will work harder to think about what we post so our posts make sense to you. :heartbeat:So glad you get to spend time with precious HRH on a weekly basis.
        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-:hug:WOW...you continue to impress me with handling all the issues with your mom and doing it AF. Good for you! I think hubs didn't ask you about whether you felt comfortable staying alone because you have been AF for over a year now and he probably thinks it's a non-issue. I think a ladies' weekend bingeing on Netflix and spending time with Logan is a fantastic idea. I know being alone is a trigger for you. So proud of you!!!:heartbeat: I am delighted that Mark returned safely to London, and CJ and Joe are doing well. Just wanted to say that after my dad died, we had to sort out his finances at the bank and it was a nightmare because he didn't tell my mom where the key was to the safety deposit box so they wouldn't let her in and UGH....and then, the taxes were goofed up. I so understand your frustration.
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-that is really scary about the dam. How is Shadow today? That was the name of our dog. :-)
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-sounds like the girls are keeping you busy! I have a hard time understanding people from Alabama. Up here, in the Midwest, we say OIL. In AL, they say AWWL.

I have to run now for my second appt. with the ACU therapist.

Happy AF Friday to all.

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I had a great time in Vancouver. I posted pics on FB.

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], thank you for your kind words. Hubby hasn't mentioned the trip today and I find that odd. I'm thinking he's iffy about going? yes it is a fishing trip. We shall see. I'm glad you got some relief from your back pain and got to relax. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], how nice that they will be paying your daughter well and fly her here. Is she excited? Has she been to NY before?
            What is everyone up to this weekend? I'm working tomorrow. I am hoping it will be nice enough for me to walk outside tomorrow! Not looking forward to losing that hour though. Just a pain if yiu ask me!
            Hope everyone had a great AF Friday.

Comment

Hi all. Didn't get a chance to get all chatty tonight. Ha ha
              Hope everyone finds something to be grateful for today.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone! Happy Saturday!

WOW...the acupuncture treatments are really working! I am getting another treatment today! My back feels amazing! :-)
                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-that is great that dd2 is going to NY. You must be so proud!
                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I wouldn't overthink the fact that hubs didn't mention the trip. Thank you for all the kind words...you are a sweetheart!
                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-you don't have to be chatty all the time. We love you whether you are quiet or chatty! Will you have any time with Savannah this weekend? Today, I am grateful for my career, successful business, family, friends, and my new acupuncturist! :-)
                [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I am cognizant of our language differences, and I hope I haven't scared you away. I hope you are relaxing this weekend in your highly organized home!
                [MENTION=12165]fennel[/MENTION], if you are reading this....empty your PM Inbox...it's too full to leave a message. There is only one troll left and I have asked the MWO Administrator to watch this person....who obviously has WAYYYY too much time on her hands. She likes to create drama because her own family won't speak to her...she doesn't work...has no real friends, etc. The Ignore option here at MWO is wonderful!

Big waves and helloooos to [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and all other friends and guests, Happy AF Saturday!!!

Comment

That is great news about the acupunture, [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]! One time a chiropractor I was seeing for some neck problems convinced me he could fix my intestinal issues w/ acupuncture. I'm totally open to any and all non-medical interventions so gave it a try. Welll... putting pins in my back and knees definitely affected my GI system but not in the way we planned!! I could easily have had a colonoscopy the next day after that treatment. So... I decided I didn't need any more of that but it certainly convinced me that they can target specific parts of the body and would try it again if I were experiencing something like you are. Hope you become and stay pain-free!

Comment

NoSugar, that's quite the experience you had. Could we consider that a weight loss option?:egad:
                    Rusty I'm so glad the treatments are helping. How did you end up with acupuncture?
                    Beautiful Saturday here. It feels like spring is right around the corner!

Comment

Hi all,
                      Rusty, that is great about the acupuncture!......Liz, glad it was a nice day and hope you got to walk. Yes, dd2 has been to N.Y once on a band trip.....went out hiking to a new place today, I think it was Mt. Everest. Could barely get out of the car when I got home. Watched Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Very good. Hope all had a good day....b

Comment

Bird - I just finished watching Bohemian Rhapsody too. Good movie. I had the 8 track tape 'A Night at the Opera' and I wore that thing out. Loved that album. I have the CD now actually.

Quite a response to the accupuncture NS. I agree with Liz about the weight loss option. Ha, ha
                        I did try accupunture before but didn't have any luck. But, I have heard great things about it. So glad that it's helping you Rusty.

Still dealing with financial crap with my brother. Sigh......I should not be complaining. I am grateful for what we have. It's just trying to make sure every thing is in order and it's the best for everyone. Which makes me start thinking about the future and are we going to move to Oregon after Mom passes. Trying to think what would be the best for everyone. And the anxiety has been getting to me.

But, it was a good day today. Lots to be thankful for. Many little happy moments. I hope that everyone else had happy moments too.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - Wow Mt Everest. :rotlf: Seriously though, congratulations on such a great hike.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends,

Due to the time change, I am rushing to get to church with my mom.

To answer your question, I found this ACU woman through an acquaintance of mine who was telling me a couple of weeks ago that she was having such lower back pain that she decided to go to this acupuncturist and she had found relief after just a few treatments. I immediately made an appt. because my lower back has been killing me for 3 years, and I wanted to be able to walk with my friends when we go to SC. I feel so much better!
                            [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-WOW, if someone had told me that a GI blowout would be a consequence of the ACU, I never would have done it!

Big helloooooss to everyone else. I will be back later! :-) Happy AF Sunday!

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday! Church cancelled here due to ice. It should warm up soon and I'm hoping we can still do lunch with mom. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], this financial stuff is so hard, right? Why do they make things so complicated. I could literally pull my hair out! Hope you are getting to the bottom of it all. Glad you had a good day yesterday. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], does the ACU explain how acupuncture works? I think I'll google it later. I find it all very interesting. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], coincidence that you and Nora watched that movie yesterday. I just don't have the patience to sit through a movie at home, but I heard it was good. I catch up on those kind of movies when I'm on a plane.
                              Have a great Sunday!

Comment

Hi all,
                                Had some bad cravings today. Was headed to the auto parts and dd2 called. I didn't have my hands free thing plugged in so pulled into the store parking lot where I buy beer to talk. Talk about a trigger. Also had to put a new battery in the truck, I hate working on cars. Took the old one and put it on the charger but it leaked acid all over the shed floor so I just bought a new one.......so dd2 got accepted into another summer thing she had applied for, this one at MIT so she would rather go to that one, but already accepted the other one in NY. So not sure if she can get out of that one. ...Nora, sorry about the financial, what a pain. Maybe Oregon would be nice. Seems like CA has a lot of problems these days, fires etc...Rusty, glad your back is feeling better. ....Liz, hope you were able to go to lunch. I will have to watch a movie on the way to AK. Keep me occupied...

Comment

Working...
                                X