One Step at a Time - March 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - March 2019

Happy Monday. Hope everyone has a happy day.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Afternoon, Friends!

I am rushing trying to get all my business and personal tasks done before I leave tomorrow. I will not be posting much on my vacation...that is my gift to myself...avoid phone and computer.
      [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-thank you for the book recommendation! I ordered it on Amazon.
      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-I can't imagine how there could be a circus with NO animals! I loved the pic of Rome and the guinea pig-sooo cute! Hey, I have a new client in Hiawatha, KS and it is a town that is surrounded by Indian reservations. A few of them are: Potawatomi, Sac and Fox (never heard of them), Kickapoo. There are about 10 of them right around my client's company. Interesting!
      [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I am so sorry to hear about Dan's grandmother. :-( I am sure he was a fine grandson. I am glad you enjoy the WFS F2F meetings. I have never been to one and no, AA was never for me, either. What bothers me about AA is that to date, I have met over 25 people who were active in AA who violated the "anonymous" rule. These AAers talked about people in their meetings using their first and last names. Even my aunt, who had been sober 10 years in April 2018 squealed with glee when she told me that a state "celebrity's" wife was in her AA meeting and then pointed her out when she did an interview with her husband. I told her I was disappointed in her because I thought she violated the AA's anonymous rule and she looked at me looked at my with complete bewilderment. This is why I like MWO. To answer your question, no, I have never actually been in purchasing. I have just interviewed about 300 purchasing people over the last 20 years.
      [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-so glad you will be able to get out with hubs for a while. A break is overdue for you! I hope your company gives you the day off.
      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I bet the cherry blossoms are just beautiful. I am jealous...it is still very brown here! :-(

OK guys...I will try checking in from the road. Happy AF Week!

Comment

PAuly, totally get what you mean with the triggery! Lol, I think we just made up a new word. Sometimes I just want to "be normal" and not think so much about drinking or not drinking. I thought the Romeo and the "rodent" was adorable! We've had one as a pet a few years back. I wouldn't get another one, but it was a little sweetie while we had it.
        Nora, I hope you enjoy your Friday! Does your brother even know how much you guys do taking care of mom? I hope they give you the day off.
        Rusty, enjoy your vacation! Well deserved. Are you going someplace warm? I think it's a great idea to put away the electronics.
        Bird, the cherry blossoms sound so pretty. Maybe someday I'll get to see them. You had me laughing a little with the hangover comment. Oh man, so not fun! Sounds like we're all pretty much just reading a lot over at WFS. It's there when I need it,
        Hubby and I went to Dans grandmothers wake tonight. I even hate to mention it, but it was actually not a totally unpleasant evening. I feel a little guilty, we caught up with some people we haven't seen in years. Logan was still there, cute as ever.

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I am going to Savannah, GA and then to South Carolina, with two of my closest friends. We are staying at my sister's home in SC. :-)

Comment

Rusty - have a fantastic time. How long will you be gone? Think of us while you are having a wonderful time.
            You had asked me what my job title is. I have the title of 'Offie Manager' which doesn't mean anything. Basically, I have done a little bit of everything except actually making the parts. Ha ha

We never had a gueina pig but we had a rat and we had hamsters.
            I did get Friday off. Yahoo. So, it is all set. To answer your question Liz.....no, I do not think that my brother has any idea what is involved. I did finally say something to him about Scott dealing with the poopy commoe many, many days. About the fact that he has had to help her dress a couple of times lately. I just told my brother that hubby is a very special person. And then in the next phone call, my brother went on & on about how wonderful hubby is. So, at least he acknowledged that.
            I rushed out of work today for my Doctor's appointment. I got there and found out my appointment is tomorrow. Oops.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, the doctor couldn't see you today? Geez, I at least hope they tried. Glad you got Friday off.
              RUsty, enjoy your vacation!
              I went to the funeral today. I have never been to a catholic funeral mass before and it was lovely. Logan stayed for the whole service. He was being a typical little one, but he made it through. At one point after the priest said amen, there was total silence in the church, you could here hum say AMen, too. OMG. I about burst out laughing, it was adorable. All nine of her grandsons were pall bearers and they were fighting back tears. Yup, that got me going. Got a text from the office manager at work that the doctor wants to take the staff to happy hour tonight. Crap, really? I was going to make an excuse, but I'm just going to go and get it over with and not drink. Not what I want to do, but whatever.
              Hope everyone is having a good tuesday

Comment

I hope you enjoy your holiday Rusty.

Tomorrow we're planning for HRH to have her first sleepover with me, as prep for when she'll need to stay when the baby is born in July. I have a sneaking suspicion it will go really well until the middle of the night! She's generally a really laid back kid and loves being here, but this may be a step too far! Wish us luck!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good luck Glassy I'm sure she'll be fine tho,Liz,that was cute Logan said"amen" haha,I'm surprised he sat so good through the whole thing,Nora,hope you got the docs visit straightened out,I always get a call to confirm or I call them to make sure I have the day right,I'm horrible with dates,Rusty,I hope you're enjoying yourself Bird,what's planned for today? You always do cool things,tired here this morning so I'll say bye for now with wishes for a happy AF Wednesday for us all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                    I am sorting through boxes of pics and kid stuff old report cards etc..what a mess. I have so many pics and all those school pics I have multiple of the same ones. Kinda sorting things into piles. I want to get rid of a lot of stuff, or get it into smaller spaces. Hang some of it on the wall, which I didn't have room for that in my old place...heading to town to get some frames and stuff....Rusty, have fun in Savannah. Do you go to Tybee Island while you are there?....Liz, that was cute about the amen. I have been to a couple of wakes that were almost like a party, old friends who haven't seen each other for some time.....Nora, I have mixed my appt. times so many times. Glad you got Friday off, you and hubs need a break.....Glassie, let us know how the sleepover went....waving at Paulie!!

Comment

Glassie I'm sure HRH will do fine sleeping over. I suspect you may be sleeping lightly that night though. Only our middle child CJ did well with sleepovers. The other two, not so much, whether it be grandparents or friends. They're all so different.
                      Pauly, you're sounding like your in a good mood! Spring fever?
                      Nora, how was your day?
                      BIrd, I like starting projects like that, then usually run out of steam. It's hard to through out pictures of the kids, even if they are doubles, st least for me.
                      So the happy hour last night turned into dinner and I got home kind of late. It was ok, perhaps a bit awkward. I was just thinking the whole night, would I be more fun if I were drinking. I just think I'm more fun when I'm buzzed, not drunk though and I hate that I feel that way! That was eating at me all day. Maybe I even missed the ease of socializing buzzed. Got through it fine, but I'm hoping those thoughts won't always be there. Tomorrow we have another work/seminar dinner and I'm glad we won't really have much time to socialize, it'll be pretty much work related conversation.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,you're fine the way you are I think our minds just try to trick us into thinking we're more social when drinking,more funny, outgoing,etc,I understand what you're saying tho but in reality I got to the point where I didn't feel like socializing with anyone when drinking anymore very quiet around the whole forum,seems we get newbies then they dissapear again,wonder why? Waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Thursday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all. Pauly, it does seem quite. I'll catch up with everyone tonight.
                          Have a fantastic AF day
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            Went up to the water fall park today. Had to force myself to go out. Still going through boxes, so much funny stuff the kids wrote in school, will try to get it down to 1 box for each of us though. Then I will tackle the pics. Gonna be busy like crazy this weekend and next with kid stuff going on. Dd2 and I going to a thing at a cemetery tomorrow night, actors dressed up like people from Macons past and tell stories or something,it is part of the cherry fest. Then Sat, the lantern tours at the mounds. There is a concert I want to go to tonight but might not, too tired.....Paulie, I know what you mean, I got to where I had to really pay attention to what I said while drinking, just to big of a pain in the ass...Liz, are you the only one from work who doesn't drink? I doubt they notice you are quiet, they are busy drinking.....I was watching Leave it to Beaver, Beav and his Dad were going to a baseball game and wore suit and tie. Boy thing sure have changed. Seems when I was a kid you only wore a tshirt to the gym hahaha...later

Comment

Pauly, of course you're right, but those stupid thoughts still come, ya know?
                              BIrd your weekend sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear about the cemetery thing! My office manager doesn't really drink either, although she had a mojito the other night. There's so few of us that it would definitely be obvious I wasn't drinking. I just need to establish my tea totaling self. Determined to not let it be an issue.
                              Just got back from my moms. She was rather quiet today. She pulled out a memory box I made for my dads 70th birthday . I had forgotten I did that. A good idea and I wonder where it came from? Damn I'm good. Yeah well, I cried all the way home. Glad I have something to do tonight.
                              Hope you're all doing ok!

Comment

Hello everyone.

I came here to just moan and whine all about myself and then read your post Liz. Such a sad/sweet/happy memory. Brings tears to my eyes. I told my brother the other day that I miss my Dad and sadly I miss my 'mom' so much. Gee whiz, I'm really crying now.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X