April Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

With me its on a need to know. There's more fuss and carry on when I ask for no ice in my soft drinks.
    The doctor knows.
    AA knows, SMART knows.Mr JC and the kids know and two friends (and are very proud of me).
    The rest are curious. Think if they asked I'd tell because I'm not ashamed.

Jenny's BF's Grandad will be out of the hospital on Tuesday..........a) because he's driving the nurses round the bend b) he so much better and wants to go home. Tbh we were all expecting the worst.

Another glorious day up here in the far North of England........we can finally peel our big jumpers off.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........to other vague friends and acquaintances, I used the happy without hangovers spiel. It makes them uncomfortable.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Funnily enough, during that conversation I found myself justifing my 'great craic-ness' when sober, which really annoyed me. I don't have to explain or justify this to anyone.
        We always have the last laugh anyway, the morning after:happy2:
        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I'll take everything you've got left over, I'm v unorganised today! Must be vegetarian though, might have to pop around to Tabbers..
        Brother was telling me about a holiday they booked down country somewhere. It's a music festival (no big bands or anything) but no booze, technology, meat... for 10 days. They're taking our tent... Sounds interesting!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........to other vague friends and acquaintances, I used the happy without hangovers spiel. It makes them uncomfortable.
          I like your style.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

When I read comments like above it really brings home to me why great portions of the world are in REALLY BIG TROUBLE with substance abuse, especially alcohol.
            If this is the social expectation that is set, and if people are so indoctrinated into it, I fear for us all. I really do.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

There is a lovely lady on here called [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. On the day of HER birthday i received a package all wrapped up for my birthday this week.... it's not opened yet.
              But THANK YOU Jackser - so very kind as always :hug:
              Now that work is finished for 10 days I can get back to the land of the living :llama:

Day 1 Sugar Free today.
              I have an intestinal yeast infection that I am feeding with sugar. Ironically the yeast causes the cravings for more ......
              I guessing the years of wine messed up my inside ratio of good bug / bad bug so need to fix it.

I ate chocolate for breakfast , lunch & dinner the last 3 days :egad: as a last hurrah ...

Comment

Morning,
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........you are more than welcome. In fact much more. :hug:

Line of Duty............:egad:.......Can say no more as some peeps have not seen it yet and will be watching it on catch up.

Shed is up........just the roof cladding to go on. Mr JC will be making many trips to the local council tip today.

So tired last night fell asleep with the light on.

Another glorious sunny day so I'll assume my position in a garden chair and just shout orders..........worked wonders yesterday so why not today.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  If this is the social expectation that is set, and if people are so indoctrinated into it, I fear for us all. I really do.
                  So indoctrinated Biddie - a weekend of actual hot SUNSHINE here is an excuse even for those like YS who doesn't even work.
                  Sunshine is one of the great excuses to drink outdoors & during the day - which of course we all know is ok - unlike opening a bottle in the house....

I heard comments all day yesterday:

"off home to open the wine in the garden"
                  "need to get to the off-licence"
                  "my wine is in the fridge"
                  "off now to a beer garden"
                  "WOW - there'll be some hangovers tomorrow"

Mr S is like a lunatic
                  For him Sunshine = beer outdoors DURING THE DAY :egad:

Comment

Line of Duty............:egad:.......Can say no more as some peeps have not seen it yet and will be watching it on catch up.
                    giphy.gif

( this is also me at the desk in work)
                    Last edited by satz123; April 22, 2019, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4760[/ATTACH]

( this is also me at the desk in work)
                      You need a hollingday............our back bedroom will be clear by noon. I'll put clean sheets on.

Didn't get the outside drinking at all..........well there was the very public 'just the one' and the other 200 gargled down toot sweet down inside.

Someone please explain prosecco.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Forgot the most exciting thing about the weekend...........we got our wedding invitation. :yay:
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=satz123;1763306]There is a lovely lady on here called @JackieClaire. On the day of HER birthday i received a package all wrapped up for my birthday this week.... it's not opened yet.
                          But THANK YOU Jackser - so very kind as always :hug:

That made me crack a tear. Not easy for an Australian woman, I'll have you know.
                          You people are perfect.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Forgot the most exciting thing about the weekend...........we got our wedding invitation. :yay:
                            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I didn't think mother of the groom had to get invite ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I didn't think mother of the groom had to get invite ?
                              Not sure at all on the etiquette these days.............future DIL had prolly sent one to the S&H in case he forgets.

Its a bit of a mish-mash as we're paying for some of it, her parents are paying some of it and the happy, happy stressed couple are paying the majority.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........its dead easy with yous lot.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@byebyebridgetjones...........its dead easy with yous lot.
                                Sorry loves. Just having an attack of the emotions. As one does. I will return to bitchfacemode ASAP.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X