Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

Hi all,
    Well I have a day with nothing to do finally. Stayed up late watching Survivor. Kinda tired. Heard from dd2 she made it ok. Bet that time change is gonna be hard to get used to. Took dd1 to the grocery yest, her summer job doesn't start for a couple weeks and it doesn't pay very good. Has a second interview with grad school from S.C. today. She got accepted to the one in Ill, but not sure how much it pays yet....Liz, I hear you on the running around with kids. I must have had so much energy, can't believe how much I have slowed down hahah. Can't imagine tending to kids all day now.....Paulie, good Kell got the house! Dd2s house is pretty dumpy, the landlord doesn't keep his stuff up very well. They are moving at the end of their lease....Nora, I was listening to Belle yest. She is pretty good.....Rusty, glad you will be home tomorrow...later

Comment

Morning friends,glad your daughter git there safe and sound Bird and yes that time change would mess me up! How long will she be gone? Kells house defo needs some tlc but she's has finals today too so I think she's just feeling overwhelmed right now, between work,school,the boys I dunno how she does it but at least she's doing it feel tired this morning,seems like even after a full night's sleep I'm just constantly groggy no fun,back after work much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bird, glad you finally have a day with nothing. It'll take a day or two for your daughter to get over the jet lag, I actually like that my son is 5 hours ahead. I'm pretty confident that when I go to bed at night, he's safely home and in his bed too! Probably a little silly but it makes me feel better and worry less.
        Pauly, will you be helping the kids move and settle in. I didn't know Kelly was going to school. What is she studying?
        NOra, how is Savannah doing? It'll be a week tomorrow. Is she very bruised?
        RUsty, sounds like maybe you had a little pampering today. Well deserved!
        I really struggled today with drinking thoughts. It's hubby and my 37th wedding anniversary today and while I'm glad he's having a good time fishing with the guys I'm feeling out of sorts. I decided to just get busy. I went through some files, closets and organized while the baby was napping. I felt heaps better and the family room looks a lot more organized too. Dropped off a couple of bags at the recycling center. Mom took Erin Logan and I out to dinner tonight. She didn't want me to be alone. It was really so sweet of her and we had a good time. Long story short, I worked through it and I am happily sober.
        Hope you guys all had a good day!
        Last edited by Lizann; May 16, 2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,glad you had a nice night out Kell is studying for ultrasound tech but she might change it later, she was so excited she passed her biology class she was so worried about yay! Been thinking about drinking too but honestly I think it's just the time of year,warmer weather and stuff,glad you got through the silly thoughts Bird,what's on the agenda for today? Nora,how's little Savannah? Rusty,hope all I well,Glassy you too,they had predicted all kinds of rain yesterday and all we got were a few sprinkles,all that hoopla over nothing! Much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Friday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday

Savannah is doing really well. Thank you for asking. I

I will post more later. Heading to work.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Friday! Hope you all made it through the week ok. Talked to hubby last night and he is having a great time. I felt a lot better after we talked too. TS called a few times today. She asked if I wanted to go out to dinner with her and hubby. Couldn't help getting the feeling the elephant was in the room. Neither one of us mentioned it, though. I decided to be totally honest with her (novel idea, right?) and told her I just wanted to stay home alone tonight. I had leftovers in the fridge and had some things I still want to get cleaned up before hubby comes home tomorrow. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, but I rode it out. I hope your managing your thoughts ok [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y. It's really kinda scary how they can creep up so strongly.
              Nora, so glad Savannah is doing well! How are mom and dad doing?
              Rusty, hope your work week is over and you can relax and enjoy the weekend.
              Bird and Glassie, I hope your doing ok. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], how do you keep in contact with your daughter in Greece? FAceTime text or just phone calls?
              TS said she is talking to my niece K a lot more now that she has moved away. Funny how that works? I guess they really do still need us.
              I believe Mark is back in London safe and sound. I'm sure we will skype Sunday? Tomorrow I'll FaceTime CJ after work. Joe won't be home, so we can really talk, lol.
              Waves to everyone and have a great AF night

Comment

Hi all,
                Dd1 having a hard time and driving me nuts, scared of everything, has had 2 interviews with south carolina and the guy wants her to visit. She looks at the price of rent there, way higher than here, worried about money, I said how much does the assistantship pay and what does the scholarship cover, she doesn't know she forgot, I said email the guy and ask for the details, she cant shes scared and he is busy this weekend and blah blah and more.Is always scared of everything and never asks questions. Idk what I can do and it is always the same.....dd2 sending pics and vid from Greece, very nice.....Nora, glad little Savannah is doing well..Liz, I use fb messenger to keep up with dd2. I bought her a world phone for emergency if she needs it. ..Happy anniversary and glad you made it through, funny how that organizing is always so helpful. Is hub bringing fish home?....Pailie, I have trouble with the warmer weather too..winter is much easier for me. Glad Kell passed her biology, my kids get so worried during finals....oh dd2 will be gone 3 weeks..waves to Rusty and Glassie...

Comment

Really glad that you kept yourself busy yesterday, Liz. Sometimes I do that and other times I just go to bed. LOL But, I'm really happy that you spoke up and said what you wanted to do. Stay home. I'm glad you talked to hubby last night.
                  That's really good that TS & K are talking. Maybe the distance will be a good thing for a little bit.

Bird - I just don't know what you can do about dd1. It seems like she is putting roadblocks up in her way. Is she worried about being apart from her boyfriend? How is she doing with hurting herself? I know it's been so stressful with end of school, etc. I hope she is doing ok.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Got interrupted. I'll be back to finish talking your ears off. Pauly - I don't know how you did it with 4 kids either!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I think dd1 is afraid and I don't think there's much you can do about it. Encourage her and tell her what she should do. I think she probably doesn't want to go. Those are just my thoughts. She'll figure it our eventually.

Comment

Liz, funny your sister talks more to her daughter when she's away that's how me and Michelle are too,if she's here she's mostly in her room and I barely see her but when she's at her boyfriend's house we talk alot haha,glad you stood your ground with your sisterwent to help Kell paint and my arms feel like jello! I forgot how hard painting is,poor Lou was trying to help but just kept making a mess,Bird,I hope your daughter gets the courage to do what's best for her future,fear is no bueno when it comes to stuff that can be a benefit,I used to be so fearless now I feel scared of any change and it hinders me in alot of ways

Comment

I'm back.

Pauly - that is really great that Kell is going to school. I'm sure it's not easy juggling everything. Luckily she has you to help her. Did you get any great finds at the 99 cent store today?

Rusty - I'm so glad that your Mom is doing better. I need to go check back & see where you are now. I'm going to play Where's Rusty. LOL
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great post, Pauly.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

In a rush this morning....my uncle is in town and he wants to spend the weekend visiting mom. He will stay at a house owned by the assisted-living facility. It will be hectic today, then brunch with a friend and paperwork tomorrow.
                              [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], I am so proud of you for speaking up to your sister. You could give her the benefit of the doubt...maybe she just thought that it would be nice to have your company and it would get you out of the house for a bit. It's really hard NOT to think of the elephant in the room, but I found that I was the one creating the elephant in the room when there was not one at all. I automatically thought people were seeing if I was going to drink, but they were not thinking that at all. It will get better, dear friend. You accomplished so much while hubs was away. He will be so delighted to see you!
                              [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-so glad sweet Savannah is home!
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-great post
                              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-wonderful pics of your daughters on FB!
                              [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I hope you are feeling well, love!

Gotta fly! Happy AF Saturday!

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty that's great your uncle is visiting mom this weekend what a treat for her hope everyone has a fantastic AF Saturday! Back later

Comment

Working...
                                X